Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73868 times)
DMR

« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:31:07 »

Debt free, top 6 league one side with a decent fan base.

Are you thinking of another team?
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:34:19 »

It'd also be good to see the adver do a bit more investigative work on this (hi Sam  Bye). Probably not in the usual remit of a local sports reporter admittedly, but if the shit is on the way towards the fan as we speak as some of us suspect then they'll have an important role to play. Some digging into the backgrounds of the shoddy fuckers driving round in Mercs would be a start, as would finding out whether there is any truth in the unpaid creditors rumour.

As well as...
How long is Kmacs contract?
Which directors are being paid consultancy fees/salary?
Where is Paul Bodin?
What is happening to the proposed concerts?
What are we doing for pre-season?
Who is funding the club?
Have Crouch/Power passed the fit and proper persons test?
How can a club justify company mercs while making redundancies?
Have the club agreed to move to Beeversbrook?
What is happening with the lease of the CG?

The list goes on.......

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:41:15 »

BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:44:35 »

I just wish they'd come out now and say something along the line of "Sorry people we bit of more than we can chew, we have to keep things ticking over until we find a new owner" because this is what it seems like.

I'm usually quite optimistic and was willing to give the board a change, but I've lost all confidence now. We have a group of fuckwits in charge of our club  Suicide
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:47:12 »

But who is going to save us from them!
Well if Jed is going down the purely sustainable route where your outgoings (plus nice payments to him and his mates *purely an unproven allegation*) match your income then we may as well have fan ownership. If they aren't providing any money or experience which they clearly aren't then there's no real need for them....  We'd be no worst off finance wise with fan ownership and at least know those running the show have the clubs interests at heart!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:48:21 »

As well as...
How long is Kmacs contract?  It's run out
Which directors are being paid consultancy fees/salary? All of them + Hall, King, Crouch and Power
Where is Paul Bodin?  Shrug
What is happening to the proposed concerts? Stil proposed
What are we doing for pre-season? Friendly v FGR
Who is funding the club? Those mug enough to buy season tickets
Have Crouch/Power passed the fit and proper persons test? No
How can a club justify company mercs while making redundancies? Bankers get £million bonuses...get real
Have the club agreed to move to Beeversbrook? I fucking hope not
What is happening with the lease of the CG?SBC gave it to Rikki Hunt in lieu of wi-fi co consultancy payments

The list goes on.......and on and on and on and on Will

The_Doctor

« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 14:50:34 »

atleast the club are being honest and open about all this.... less staff = Higher playing budget. In Jed we trust.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 15:26:04 »

it's a mess. As soon as u can get odds on next season I'm lumping on us to go down. Could go into administration I reckon too. Fans will vote with their feet. Grim times ahead.
Very much this.  We've got season tickets but lost enthusiasm.

If we finish above the bottom four next season that'll be success.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 15:37:10 »

atleast the club are being honest and open about all this.... less staff = Higher playing budget. In Jed we trust.

Hi Jed, nice holiday?

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 15:48:38 »

So it wasn't just Cheltenham who told this lot to get stuffed. They also got laughed off by the mighty Forest Green Rovers!

They really are out of their depth and I am amazed that they managed to land a League 1 club, and a decent sized one at that.

I would like to know how much King has pocketed from his role as an 'Advisor/Consultant'. Sam - did you ever get to the bottom of why he (allegedly) failed the fit and proper test? What is the point of that test if people can be involved after in an unofficial capacity.

On a final note, has there ever been a bigger case of 'jobs for boys'  than Callum Rice? That said I don't know what Mr Hooper has offered so far either other than a supposed brawl.
supersam

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 16:04:08 »

I blame Sir William Patey a bit in all this, wasn't it his main task to find decent new owners?
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 16:06:52 »

I blame Sir William Patey a bit in all this, wasn't it his main task to find decent new owners?

No. His task was to find ANY new owners.

As has now become abundantly clear, Black didn't give a shit who he sold to, he just wanted out and fast.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 20, 2013, 16:11:39 by manc_red » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 16:47:04 »

.... Kinda miss the Fitton days now.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 16:57:38 »

Guessing these redundancies are on top of the retirement of the ticket office manager and the old Scottish guy that had been there forever? I did hear they aren't being replaced and ticketing is being largeley outsourced but not sure if that's true.
If so with a reduction of 7 who will that actually leave in terms of full-time office staff? It's surely going to be right down to the bare minimum or is Jed's wife suddenly going to rock up and be the club receptionist or something....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 17:46:36 »

Silly as it sounds I'll miss seeing Jock and the other old bloke in the ticket office.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: