Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122112 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:22:10 »

It all depends what you drink.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:22:31 »

No it isn't.

Depends entirely on the person. One beer could make some people over the "legal limit", whilst other people with a stronger tolerance to alcohol could have 3 pints and still be fine.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:25:03 »

But do you know somebody else that has never gotten behind the wheel while drunk, whether you were in the car or not?

There were a group of us that hung around together as lads, and as far as I know none of us ever did, however I don't suppose any of them would publicise the fact.

We took it in turns to drive & the nominated driver stayed away from drinking, Either that or we travelled in taxis.

That said, we have driven back from the pub with far too many people in a car.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:25:36 »

Yes it does, apologies, 5%+ must take you close.

McCormick was over twice the limit when he was breathalised.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:31:50 »

1 beer yes, no more. So no to both. Sounds holier than thou, not mean to but the truth is even when I have been pavement crawlingly drunk I've realised driving would be stupid.]

And I can't say I know anyone who has. Actually I lie - my alcoholic ex-stepdad. And we shopped him. But thats another story I don't wish to share.

I was so drunk that I hit a parked car and didn't even notice. I was pulled over by a couple of coppers who told me what I did, and still I didn't believe them, not until they got me back home and pointed out the red strip of paint along my silver motor that shouldn't have been there. I was very, very, very drunk and it was extremely irresponsible of me to even attempt to drive.

The parked that I hit could so easily have been a couple of kids, or perhaps even a bus stop full off kids waiting.

Am I evil?
Coca Fola

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:33:14 »

My uncle once gave me a lift home whilst drunk; scariest moment of my life. He was on his phone texting, occasionally looking up to correct the positioning of his car on the road and swerving all over the place.
Coca Fola

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:33:34 »

I was so drunk that I hit a parked car and didn't even notice. I was pulled over by a couple of coppers who told me what I did, and still I didn't believe them, not until they got me back home and pointed out the red strip of paint along my silver motor that shouldn't have been there. I was very, very, very drunk and it was extremely irresponsible of me to even attempt to drive.

The parked that I hit could so easily have been a couple of kids, or perhaps even a bus stop full off kids waiting.

Am I evil?
Nah you're not evil, you're just an idiot. Unless your intention was to get drunk and drive, then you are.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:35:04 »

Having read through the thread again my conclusion is this:

Does he deserve a second chance? Yes, of course.

Should that second chance be with us? No, we're not that desparate for a keeper and do not need all that accompanying baggage. Let AFC Telford or Alfreton Town (or whoever) sign him - he will get his second chance, it just does not need to be with us.
Coca Fola

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:36:29 »

How must Phil Smith be feeling now?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:37:09 »

Am I evil?

No. Stupid and lucky. And you seem to realise it now.

But you didn't kill any children. Had you have I'd feel the same about you. You could have, but you didn't.

Look I really am going out of this thread now. I can only see me pissing people off. That's not my intention. My views are clear.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:37:34 »

How must Phil Smith be feeling now?

Drunk
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:39:28 »

No. Stupid and lucky.

Yes
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:47:44 »

Am I evil?

The difference between your story and Luke McCormack's is that no one died in yours.  I appreciate that he didn't set out to kill the children, but he did.  The problem with the 'we've all been there' type of argument is that, like it or not, it marginalises the most important factor in the episode - that two children died - in favour of promoting the point that there was no intention to harm anyone.  To me, this is not as important.

I do agree that convicted criminals deserve a chance to rebuild their lives.  But just as the family of the children have had to accept a huge change in their lives, I don't think that it's at all unreasonable for the perpetrator to accept some changes in his/hers after they have served their time.  In McCormack's case, my own take is that he has probably forfeited the right to work in the entertainment industry, of which football is a branch.  Plenty of other arenas in which he could forge a worthwhile living for himself.  As I said earlier, this doesn't feel right.
Flashheart

« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:49:57 »

There were a group of us that hung around together as lads, and as far as I know none of us ever did, however I don't suppose any of them would publicise the fact.

We took it in turns to drive & the nominated driver stayed away from drinking, Either that or we travelled in taxis.

That said, we have driven back from the pub with far too many people in a car.

Well, you now know at least one more person that has driven while drunk (myself). Along with others on the TEF that have admitted to doing so in this thread.

(Just for the record, I will never get behind the wheel whilst drunk again and do not condone it)
Flashheart

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 21:57:12 »

Just want to state for the record, I'd prefer for McCormick not to sign for us. The lad (arguably) deserves a chance somewhere, bit I'd rather it not be on my back yard.

Regardless, we have Super Wes anyway so I don't see the point

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: