Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 121647 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:04:18 »

He shouldn't be denied the opportunity to make a living.

I just hope it isn't here.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:05:16 »

Did he, like Hughes, do a runner from the scene? Genuine question. If not, I don't think you can say it's the same.

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:06:52 »

Did he, like Hughes, do a runner from the scene? Genuine question. If not, I don't think you can say it's the same.

I don't think he did no.

He's convicted for killing two kids, he and the club will get crucified on the terraces (and that's what I'm referring to).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:10:15 by Costanza » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:08:32 »

Confirmed by BBC wilts according to their twitter

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:16:36 »

You could argue this, passionately, either way (retribution vs rehabilitation).  On balance, I don't like it.  Regardless of any remorse he may now feel, could anyone honestly take their kids to a game and sing this guy's name from the stands?  Only an initial gut feeling, but doesn't feel right to me.

Exactly, cue awkward questions from the kids.....

Yes, everybody deserves another chance, no doubt about it, and as Flashheart says, most of us have done similar acts of dumbness, but, the big difference is his second chance is played out in the public eye, through various medias, and just adds to the attention the situation would bring, this aint fair on the parents, as there loss is irreplacable and unimaginable, no matter how much remorse he shows.

If he was working in Tesco, or on a building site then it would be a different matter altogether. Good luck to the guy, i worked with NACRO for a while and am a staunch believer in rehabilitation over punishment, but rehabilitation in cases such as this could do with a bit of sensitivity and common sense.

Why the fuck are Oxford breaking this news anyway?
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:18:52 »

I can't find myself to hate somebody for making a mistake.....

But we don't need a goalie. There's no need to attract so much negative attention.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:20:15 »

I wonder what the reaction would be if we found out that Ritchie or Caddis had done something very naughty years ago?

p.s. I'm not saying they have but it would be an interesting debate.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:40:34 »

He shouldn't be denied the opportunity to make a living.

I just hope it isn't here.

I'm with Nemo.  The adverse publicity and the ridicule that would follow from the terraces could only be detrimental to the group cause.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:45:08 »

We get enough stick because of PDC's politics.

I think it's probably additional hassle the club should try and avoid.
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:45:15 »

Has Lee Hughes been detrimental to the Notts County cause?
DRS

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:46:46 »

Just seems like alot of negative attention for someone who will likely end up a second fiddle keeper.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:48:51 »

Just seems like alot of negative attention for someone who will likely end up a second fiddle keeper.

Yep

Perhaps there's some agent wheeling and dealing behind the scenes that could involve another player or two, with McCormick as a bargaining chip.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:50:22 by Flashheart » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:52:07 »

Has Lee Hughes been detrimental to the Notts County cause?

I don't know, has he? I'm not writing about Luke McCormick: the person nor the crime itself just the PR (I know that is what your asking).

Di Canio will no doubt deflect any attention.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:52:33 »

We don't need a keeper imo. We have 2 pro keepers and if neeed be can use the loan market
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 19:56:36 »

Luke McCormick made a mistake, one that I'm sure several people on here have made in the past including myself.

Several of us have been caught out, shaken up and made to realise what a stupid stupid mistake drink driving is (regardless of amounts consumed, whether it's first thing the morning after or not, etc.) Luckily for me I got caught out by crashing in to someone I knew the morning after, who was very cool about it from the start. Although what happened in the actual accident was 50/50, i took full responsibility for the crash and will make sure never to make the same mistake again. The excess to my insurance company and losing my no claims bonus were the only casualties, I consider myself very very lucky.

Others which include several people I know and I'm sure other TEF members were less lucky, maybe got caught by the police with a breath test and lost their licences, maybe even in the more serious cases crashed and caused injury.

Luke McCormick killed two kids by his mistake....but he is human and we all make mistakes. It could have easily been me or anyone else who has made that same mistake. These are people you know, friends and family who have no ounce of malice in their body.

He has had to deal with his actions, has served time and will have to live with it hanging over him for the rest of his life. Comparing him to Lee Hughes is harsh to say the least. McCormick was said to be in tears repeatedly apologising at the scene while Lee Hughes fled, fucked off and tried to get away with it. Lee Hughes is a nasty, poor excuse for a human who is currently being charged with sexual assault just to add to things.

I don't know exactly what the point of this post is, because I'm not saying the whole thing should just be completely forgotten and we move on...but just have a little perspective which some people fail to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: