Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253720 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7515 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 20:23:39 »

I really do hope it all comes out, the more that does the quicker this shit show should be over.
Same. Everything needs to come out now.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #7516 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 20:28:58 »

I'm listening. Wasn't expecting much but it's been quite decent actually.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7517 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 20:47:55 »

So you expect everyone else who has any criticisms on here to run for the Trust board or shut up but sharing your own personal view on a internet forum is a stretch too far for you.

I'm just sharing a way for some one to help the Trust to correct all the errors they are seeing.  In fact I commented on someone calling for an EGM and pointing out what's the point unless some one with those views is elected.

It's a forum you can say what you want or not say. If you don't like it, oh well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7518 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:00:13 »

Their talk around finances were a bit sketchy but otherwise good listen

I was looking at that, back in the first advisory board the debt was thought to be circa 4m.

Add in the debenture and the stated debt position now isn't far off.

I've not really been one to shout "where's the money going", but they have a point in 6.5m turnover generating losses of 500k-1m.

it would make sense if we were using it to pay off the inherited debt + players + staff + ground maintenance. But it's not the case is it, because debt is a liability owed to Clem as he has put that in.

Now what I'm not saying is anything dodgy is going on. More that I need help squaring it - even ballpark.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7519 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:08:21 »

Which is why the AB minutes dont really tell the true story. It indicates debts being written down but not how or from what source of income.

Remember the Power years when people were demanding full transparent accounts to be provided so we could see the ins and outs? That’s what we need now. If the Trust were promised a peek and that hadn’t happened you have take the opinion that there’s something to hide. Is there a date whereby the latest accounts have to be lodged?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7520 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:15:00 »

No I get that, but I don't expect it.

But in absence of them I can't make any case based off even educated ballpark figures.

What I was hoping for was someone to point out something obvious, like revenue includes so and so and isn't really 6m into the account.

Actually, maybe it included the cash Clem put in, it could be that simple
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7521 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:25:39 »

No I get that, but I don't expect it.

But in absence of them I can't make any case based off even educated ballpark figures.

What I was hoping for was someone to point out something obvious, like revenue includes so and so and isn't really 6m into the account.

Actually, maybe it included the cash Clem put in, it could be that simple

No that wouldn't be classed as turnover, the thing to do is to use other clubs accounts and try to make sense.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7522 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:27:13 »

That's an extremely sensible suggestion. It'll have to wait until later in the week.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7523 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:46:04 »

What are you looking for Batch?  Our accounts for 21/22 are the last available, the 22/23 ones won't be posted until Feb/Mar time I think, so we have a while to wait, and they are always so far in arrears anyone can make a claim about them not reflecting the here and now.

Clem paying debts would not hit the P&L.  It would be shown within the Balance Sheet - on the last ones produced it shows Clem has Director Loans as well as a loan he has made via the Axis funding company (so it's still him for now, unless he ever sold that business).

We have no insight in how the 2.9m Debenture was resolved, in terms of the precise nature of who gave what, what the terms of repayment were, or if it was a simple equity transaction.

The accounts we did produce showed a small Profit, which plenty of people identify as the Man City game, but that would still place us at running around break even if we removed it.

Clem and others have had to pay off debts, on top of running a club that (the only evidence available shows) runs at break even.  It's entirely possible that Clem sees that as losing money each year, because he has to keep putting in cash.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:48:47 by RobertT » Logged
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #7524 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 21:49:20 »

Just did a random look at Tranmere’s accounts for 21/22. They did £5.5m in revenue on 6.5k attendances, knocked out of the EFL cup 1st round and FA cup 2nd round. They did however have a £1m grant in extra income.

They had the 4th biggest wage bill that season and only made a loss of £160k.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7525 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 22:24:17 »

@rob - I guess I've seen a lot of "it doesn't add up" messages on social media and kind of wanted to prove it did.

But I guess there's to many unknowns.

@teashbat thanks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7526 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 22:33:50 »

We don't publish anywhere near enough detail to make it all make sense!  Less open and more closed, when it comes to providing financial information I'm afraid, more opaque, less transparent.

In terms of pure income, based on what we have for 21/22, we look like we are one of the big clubs for this Division.  In terms of wage budgets, it's really tough, but we spend as much (in total, as a business) as some of the clubs who people would call out as running at losses or being bank rolled, like a FGR for example.

Our 21/22 finances were a smidge better than Northampton, who got close to our income thanks to player sales of 800k.  They made a loss of a little under 200k, so spent close to our level in that year.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7527 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 22:37:45 »

Exeter City spent as much as we did in 21/22, which was supported by player sales.

They provide a breakdown of where the income comes from in their accounts.  Just stating because it shows more detail can be provided, it's all a choice by the business owner around how much insight they provide.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #7528 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 22:43:04 »

https://www.weareimps.com/siteassets/news/202223/january/accounts/lcfc-annual-financial-statement--summary.pdf

Can only dream of something like that
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7529 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 23:06:46 »

Interestingly, they are part owned by fans and have funded the yearly losses by issuing new shares each year, so they owe next to nothing in debt to anyone.

Given Clem has already diluted his share holding, there would be nothing stopping him doing similar.  I've mentioned before that the Trust should be doing only two things from now - the JV and then coming up with an investment option for the club itself.  That could be a good old bucket rattling effort, or seeking out investors to partner with.  Push Clem into the open on whether he would accept others being onboard to help.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: