Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 396029 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:32:19 »

Way beyond my area of expertise, do cricket grounds at certain levels have to have a certain sized pitch and all that jazz?

Anyway this is all very speculative as we rarely fill the ground we have at the moment and don't appear to have a recptacle to piss in.

The gap between the Pavilion and the pitch is quite big, having had to make the trudge back and forth before (usually quite close in time to each other!).  It's graveled I think, so clearly it would need a lot of work to shift it, but possible.  Not that I think it would be necessary anyway.  The footprint is ample.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 12:54:46 »

The footprint is ample.

Ample but restrictive. In such there isn't much moving able to be done, which then causes the issue of building upwards on the current SB end.

Hence the conversation regarding shuffling. Currently the restrictive elements make future proofing a bit more difficult - say when Town become the next club purchased by rich oil barons and they build a version of the Emirates on the existing site.

As you say, plenty to keep them busy and in reality I think in the mooted 7-10yrs timeframe, Town will probably only have a new roof on the SB and 5 new portaloos  Sad

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:39:10 »

The cricket club would have to be re-located within the borough and then it takes for the pitch to bed in, this is not something that could be done in a few months, at it stands there is very little area left in Swindon all land is used for houses, even the small bits of land they put 3 or 4 houses on.

This was looked into by the previous Trust regime when the sporting hub was discussed, since then the likes of Foundation Park and the Nigel Eady dome has been built.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 14:42:44 »

Yeah a cricket pitch takes up as much as a football stadium. Only thing you might get away with robbing 10 yards or so, I should think.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 16:55:17 »

Interesting that Luton are playing their first home PL game tonight, with a stand that was built in just 13 weeks.

I assume it’s been constructed a bit like the DRS which was built over a summer.

Just goes to show what can be achieved I guess
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:04:33 »

It dosen't have many seats tho! Much prefer out DRS😆

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:06:06 »

Do for Stratton Bank though
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:07:40 »

True but it has less rows than the Townend not sure if they were restricted in what they could build.

So, give no fucks
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:12:31 »

True but it has less rows than the Townend not sure if they were restricted in what they could build.

Yeah, it’s only a small footprint and in theory is only a temporary thing as they are planning on building a new stadium at some point.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:13:37 »

It dosen't have many seats tho! Much prefer out DRS😆

Agreed, the DRS is much better
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:17:58 »

I actually watched a YouTube video yesterday about the revamping of Kennilworth Road, they have reused a lot of fixtures and fittings from such things as Glastonbury and the like, can't remember the others of the top of my head but the point is they had a lot of the renovation already made that they repurposed.  

They have also put in £1M worth of cabling under the pitch to service all the new media demands and the new floodlights.  They are of course building a new stadium so this is a stop gap for them, pretty impressive all in, Bournemouth are still the smallest ground with Luton having added c1500 to their capacity.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:21:33 »

Circa £10m to get Kenilworth Road PL ready if I'm not mistaken?

Hopefully Clem et al are taking notes.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:30:32 »

Quote from: Wobbly Bob
Hopefully Clem et al are taking notes.  Smiley

notes, card, cheques, and if you are rude to the wrong person probably your teeth
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:37:06 »

notes, card, cheques, and if you are rude to the wrong person probably your teeth

You are getting very cynical in your old age!
Perfectly understandable though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 17:44:06 »

Yeah, it’s only a small footprint and in theory is only a temporary thing as they are planning on building a new stadium at some point.
Their new stadium should be decent too, town centre location and design looks good.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: