Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 82044 times)
kerry red

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 16:42:36 »

There's some playing fields at the back of Rodbourne.

A couple of jumpers for goalposts and we'd be set.

Go on, Lee, tell the council to fuck right off!
Flashheart

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 16:44:40 »

Capacity shouldn't be much of a problem as we'll be non-league soon anyway!.....
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 17:55:13 »

I doubt super marines ground is football league standard anyway

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 18:55:28 »

According to the BBC the club pay the council 17k a month rent plus all up keep costs which is 200k plus per year.Power is basically saying it is too much to pay for a staduim that is delapidated and costs will only go up.He is looking for a better deal for the club and in my opinion the council should be wary ,if we move out they will loose all the rental income plus they will be responsible for the upkeep.Ontop of this the land can only be used for sporting activity which was stipulated by the Goddard estate when it donated the land to the town of Swindon so worthless for development.

So annual rent is worth 204k to the council, if you looked at that over an extended lease then it's £1m every 5 years (excluding inflation increases) so if the club wanted a 50 years then the rental income is worth £10m to SBC so that's an idea of a likely value of the CG to SBC to replace lost rental income.

The club would need a 50 year lease to make any future ground improvements worthwhile if you look at the Arkells Stand is 40 plus years old and would be up for replacement/renovation by year 50.

If the club are spending £200k pa just keeping it ticking over then that's again £1m every 5 years and at some point Stratton Bank and the Town End will have to be replaced at probably £10m for the two and maybe another £5m for the Arkells.

I guess this means there will be interesting negotiations with the new lease. The club are probably facing a £25-30m outlay over the period of the new lease without even owning the ground. Do the club seek for SBC to fund improvements for a higher rent on the basis the improvements would pay for this from hospitality (we need £500 a day to cover the current rent).

Or do the club push hard on the value of the club in it's current location to the wider Swindon through business rates, expenditure by fans in pubs, shops, car parking which would be lost if the club moved away. Then there are the less tangible benefits such as profile for the town and the social benefits e.g. if the council had to offer FITC for kids what would be the cost.

Either way, we need to pay up the rent but you can see Power's reluctance to pay £200k on maintenance without the back up of an extended lease.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 19:08:36 »

we should just ask Bristol City if we can share their ground

I come from a land down-under
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 19:27:59 »

we should just ask Bristol City if we can share their ground

I'm already scared of going to hell on Easter Monday. Not sure I could handle it every fortnight.:-)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:03:26 »

Interesting tweet from @ajferguson85

My mates mother-in-law is a lawyer for the council and she's said that they are repossessing the County Ground next week! @andrew_FLICW
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:19:34 »

What are they going to do, turn up and load it onto the back of a truck?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:21:41 »

Load of bollocks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:24:53 »

Load of bollocks
I have to agree, they can't repossess anything until it has at least gone to court...which isn't until the 5th Jan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:33:31 »

Interesting tweet from @ajferguson85

perhaps they misunderstood when Power told them they could take everything that we have in the bank

I come from a land down-under
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:35:19 »

perhaps they misunderstood when Power told them they could take everything that we have in the bank

Away fans or schoolkids?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 15:15:16 »

I have to agree, they can't repossess anything until it has at least gone to court...which isn't until the 5th Jan.

Which is next week
Personally think its bollox too, just put it out there as you never know with Stfc
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 15:16:16 »

It would fit a pattern.  We go top, then it all goes tits up.  It is, after all, STFC.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 15:20:30 »

My mates sisters dog's postman said that the council were going to turn the cg into a massive supermarket.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: