Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 81104 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:09:40 »

I thought we just rented it all?

Who knows
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:14:10 »

Renting a stadium is like renting a house?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:27:25 »

Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-2160809.aspx#OOWYc8xi8Lx5mo7b.99

I thought we owned the stadium but not the ground it's on. Would that not mean that we would be responsible for repairs and what not?

I don't really know to be honest.

Yes.  We are also responsible for things like the approach road, alongside the CGH to the back of the Arkells.

Although the Council own the ground it's on....interestingly not the ground under the CG.  Just like home owners don't own the ground under their houses.  The Tories recently passed legislation, making it OK for fracking companies to bore under your house without permission, and fill in te subsequent hole with any old shit.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:33:36 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:31:51 »

Sounds to me like power has read the agreement and found things that he has paid for the council should be paying to me, reading between the lines.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:31:58 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/11684394.STFC__keen_to_reach_compromise__with_Swindon_Council_over_rent_arrears/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:32:01 »

Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-2160809.aspx#OOWYc8xi8Lx5mo7b.99

I thought we owned the stadium but not the ground it's on. Would that not mean that we would be responsible for repairs and what not?

I don't really know to be honest.

That was my understanding too. We own the buildings, they own the land.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:32:20 »

SWINDON Town Football Club has issued a statement after the Adver revealed it is due in court next month for failing to pay rent on the County Ground and faces the possibility of being evicted.

The club owes more than £50,000 to the council, which owns the ground, and that is for money owed over several months. It is understood there is a clause in the rent agreement which says if the bill is not paid for several months then the money will be pursued through the courts.

Today the club issued the statement: "We have met up with the Council with respect to a discussion on the rental arrears and have set out our position.

"In short, the club has expended material costs on repairs and maintenance of The County Ground to ensure that that it is in a fit condition so that we can host matches.

"We are keen to come to some understanding with the Council on these arrears in light of these significant costs and are currently in active dialogue with them to agree on a pragmatic way forward given that, at heart, both parties have a mutuality of interest in ensuring a compromise is reached."

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:39:15 »

It didn't take long for us to headline on the City site again.

It's a good job the wurzels are so well informed, if it wasn't for their inside knowledge then I really wouldn't know what to believe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:40:34 »

Sounds fair enough to me. Using the analogy of a landlord and tenant, if the tenant has to make some repairs, its only fair that the landlord makes the payments, whether it be in an amendment in rent or whatever.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:50:53 »

SBC must've known about these discussions. Sounds like someone went whining to the Adver to try and force the club's hand.

I'm sure the club aren't completely innocent in all of this, but it's a poor show from SBC really for trying to play this out in public.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 11:54:30 »

I vaguely remember from the Wray days also that there was some other payment for something other than rent that was being withheld, I suspect the contract has never been reviewed since it was agreed x many years ago, I think it was something to do with we paid the council x percentage of gate receipts also (or something simular).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 12:00:53 »

In the words of OST, do I have to do anything?
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 13:07:50 »

Yes.  We are also responsible for things like the approach road, alongside the CGH to the back of the Arkells.

Although the Council own the ground it's on....interestingly not the ground under the CG.  Just like home owners don't own the ground under their houses.  The Tories recently passed legislation, making it OK for fracking companies to bore under your house without permission, and fill in te subsequent hole with any old shit.

You're on form Reg, even managing to ravage the Tories on a thread about unpaid rent
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 13:09:29 by Not that Nice If I'm Honest » Logged
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 13:19:02 »

Seriously what has unpaid rent got to do with the Tories?
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 13:26:18 »

Seriously what has unpaid rent got to do with the Tories?

I don't know, but we're probably going down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: