Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford.....  (Read 48465 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:38:55 »

Not just you, I love the hate filled atmosphere and the (rapidly fading) victory of doing them on the pitch. Not the violence though, never that.

I love the atmosphere, don't get me wrong, it's loud and the CG can really make some noise at these games but the violence ruins it. The best games are the ones where the ground is in full voice (wigan fa cup, chelsea league cup, city league) but when Poxford come to town I stay away from Swindon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:41:04 »

Definitely this.
Damn straight, I revel in having a face like a bag of spanners.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:45:18 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:44:52 »

I love the atmosphere, don't get me wrong, it's loud and the CG can really make some noise at these games but the violence ruins it. The best games are the ones where the ground is in full voice (wigan fa cup, chelsea league cup, city league) but when Poxford come to town I stay away from Swindon.
I have only ever felt uncomfortable at the County Ground with the trouble during the League Cup 1/4 final vs Millwall in 94/95 and the FA Cup tie with Cardiff City in 95/96.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:47:03 »

The 'who are you' chant in a big game is so good. Best time I've heard it was when we did Leeds 3-0 at home.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:55:13 »

Anyone got a clue if Obika is available? Would be considerably more confident if he's able to partner Ajose.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 13:55:18 »

The 'who are you' chant in a big game is so good. Best time I've heard it was when we did Leeds 3-0 at home.

my favourite was Chelsea, all 3 sides singing you are only here to watch the town, there is something special about a full house in midweek against a prem team  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 14:04:40 »

Quote from: Super Hans
Anyone got a clue if Obika is available? Would be considerably more confident if he's able to partner Ajose.
doubtful, he wasn't even in training last weekend
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 14:44:41 »

I may be a better human being if I looked forward to nothing more than a pint and a chat with a Pisstain mate after the game, appreciating Deadman's control and fairness and noting the result with a little light banter either way...concluding perhaps that the really important game was Oldham or something...

In my own terms however I'd be one bollock short of a pair in terms of "getting" what it is to be a Swindon fan.  I really hope we humiliate the Pox this Sunday and I wouldn't be too gracious if we did.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 15:02:30 »

Damn straight, I revel in having a face like a bag of spanners.

your soul mate
Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 15:06:07 »

your soul mate
My sole mate.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 15:13:03 »

A local rivalry has nothing whatsoever to do with football violence.

Its to do with local bragging rights at work or with mates etc but it is an added edge, always has done always will, thats how it is.

People that use football as an excuse to cause trouble because it is a derby are just ill educated thug cunts, plain and simple.

Wierdly the Pox fans seem to relish more in the violence side of things (if you read their forums it is full of hatred and possible acts of violence) than the Swindon fans, although I know we now have a small amount of twats go just to cause shit it seems a lot less than they have.

There is just no place in society let alone football for that behaviour.

Swindon and Oxford have never really had any proper connections, hence why in all my years I've ever only known 1 Oxford fan who lived in Swindon....fair enough he was a grade A tosser, but it wouldn't be fair to judge them all on that.

I doubt many Town fans live on Oxford, and probably no more than perhaps 20 or 30 have attended the University since the first game in 65. OK there are the Berkshire lot, in places like Faringdon and Didcot but now a dwindling breed.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 15:17:16 »

Swindon and Oxford have never really had any proper connections, hence why in all my years I've ever only known 1 Oxford fan who lived in Swindon....fair enough he was a grade A tosser, but it wouldn't be fair to judge them all on that.

I doubt many Town fans live on Oxford, and probably no more than perhaps 20 or 30 have attended the University since the first game in 65. OK there are the Berkshire lot, in places like Faringdon and Didcot but now a dwindling breed.

I know of a few season ticket holders who live / work in Oxfordshire, mostly around the Witney / Faringdone area
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 16:30:49 »

No surprise that there are plenty of Town fans in Oxfordshire.  The county boundary passes far closer to Swindon than it does to Oxford.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 20:11:42 »

I hate the fuckers - the club, the fans, the place.

Those years of them struggling to get out the Conference sustain me during our present period of utter shitness.
Well said and seconded. This is a massive game Sunday. If we could get one over the cunts, it would go a long way to getting a few more fans onside. I know its still 3 points but the lift it could give the club and fanbase is so much more. As I get older, I actually hate the cunts even more. I donlt want to smack one but I wont speak to one either.
As for the need for segregation, as well as for safety, I don't want to catch any fucking disease those riddled piss stains carry. Filthy fucking vermin the lot of them. Scabies ridden bellends.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 20:20:05 »

Good post - although you could have left out the 'bellend' reference!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: