Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford.....  (Read 48288 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 20:20:57 »

I went for a job interview a few years ago.  It had gone quite well, and then progressed to small talk at the end as interviews often do.  The interviewer asked what I did in my spare time, so amongst other things I mentioned in self-deprecating fashion that I followed a not-very-good football team.  'Oh, which one?', he asked.  I think I got to the 'd' of 'Swindon' before his jaw hit the floor.  A second's silence.  'You're an Oxford fan, aren't you?', I asked.  He nodded.

Left the interview convinced that I'd played a great game and scored a 94th min own goal.  Against the odds, he offered me the job the following week.
scillyred

« Reply #166 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 21:40:31 »

I never met a Pox fan while I lived in Swindon...ever....but when I moved to Somerset I have since met 3 and they are all good blokes and they love the rivalry.

I only met 1 total wanker Pox fan who was a door to door electric salesman who as soon as he saw my framed Swindon shirt said " I am sorry I cant do this I am an Oxford fan" and walked out with me stood with my mouth wide open, so I reported him.

I lived and worked in Oxford for many years after my degree (Oxford Poly  Crying)
Thanks to Oxford for the very large capital appreciation of my house, it gave me the equity to move somewhere stunning.
There is an Oxford fan I know, who lives a few houses from our ground. If we lose I could…………………………….. Hmmm
REDBUCK

« Reply #167 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 23:30:30 »

That is quite something. I do give a colleague at work shit because her son is in Oxfords youth set up (Bananas...whoaaah) but it's normally tongue in cheek. I quite like visiting Oxford as a City, its a nice place!

I'm a big fan of Bristol as well and I live just outside Reading. I'm the worst Swindon fan ever!

you're just a grown up.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 08:39:00 »

Seems a bit too much like hard work to go out of my way to hate everything about a city just because of the football club that plays there once or twice a week.

Mental.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 08:39:22 »

you're just a grown up.

No, he really isn't.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 08:47:25 »

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/football/headlines/15068121.Chris_Maguire_has_a_message_for_Swindon_Town_fans__Remember_me_/#comments-anchor
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 09:15:44 »

I hope that fucking Maguire gets snapped in half the obnoxious Scottish prick - He seriously needs sorting out and I hope he does on Sunday.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 09:32:25 »

I lived and worked in Oxford for many years after my degree (Oxford Poly  Crying)
Thanks to Oxford for the very large capital appreciation of my house, it gave me the equity to move somewhere stunning.
There is an Oxford fan I know, who lives a few houses from our ground. If we lose I could…………………………….. Hmmm

Ox Poly, yep I was there. Fools on the hill.
I like Oxford as a city, still visit regularly as there are good pub crawls to be had in the centre.

A former work colleague was from Oxford, a case of you can take the man out of Blackbird Leys but you'll never take Blackbird Leys out of the man. He supported Chelsea.

Remember playing pool in the City Arms and nobody was going to tell the Cowley plant apprentice with the OUFC tattoo on his neck that he'd played a foul shot. Town 'n gown and all that.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 09:44:24 »

Ox Poly, yep I was there. Fools on the hill.
I like Oxford as a city, still visit regularly as there are good pub crawls to be had in the centre.

A former work colleague was from Oxford, a case of you can take the man out of Blackbird Leys but you'll never take Blackbird Leys out of the man. He supported Chelsea.

Remember playing pool in the City Arms and nobody was going to tell the Cowley plant apprentice with the OUFC tattoo on his neck that he'd played a foul shot. Town 'n gown and all that.

The football club wasn't even in Oxford....it was in Headington.  The club of Oxford is City.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 09:52:47 »

The football club wasn't even in Oxford....it was in Headington.  The club of Oxford is City.

Yes. Only three divisions below us and a much more accessible ground to visit if ever we should meet.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 09:56:04 »

Genuinely never heard of him, couldn't give a shit what he says.

Next.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:08:27 »

This guy...you're in League 1 for a reason fella.

Ironically born in 'bellshill'.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:14:31 »

At least he is showing a bit of passion and fire.

Can't see our players doing that.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #178 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:18:16 »

At least he is showing a bit of passion and fire.

Can't see our players doing that.
Unfortunately true.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, February 3, 2017, 10:19:42 »

Exactly the kind of player you want in your team to spur and drive you on, provided he can walk the walk with a gob that size. If that had been say Johnny Goddard who had said that in the adver I am sure he'd be getting adulation from our fans.

For those that say 'we haven't heard of him' etc. He scored 2 goals against us and I am pretty sure is their penalty taker so has a good chance of scoring again on Sunday.

Its a deliberate wind up to try and rile us, we did the same against City and they fell for it, hopefully Branco et al keep their cool and don't get sent off in an equally dumb way.

I think Sunday could get very feisty.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: