Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise is scary  (Read 6482 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:30:59 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Do you think wise is a 'throw tea-cups' at half-time bloke, and do you think he'll sit in the stands?

I pedict he'll be on the touch-line, which will be good for a change....shwoing his passion.

Surely you can do both? ie sit in the stand then walk down to chuck the crockery around.

Personally I've never understood why people gave King shit for sitting in the stands 1st half (there were so many better things to get wound up about king)

For a bloke who was often critisised for his lack of tactial ability, sitting in the stand to get a better view seems entirely logical to me.

And to steal from OST yesterday.......

they have mobile phones now
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:35:04 »

But as player, wouldn't you want your manager at the side lines showing a bit of commitment and passion rather than sat in the stands- specially when things start to go wrong?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:37:24 »

Not really. I'd like to think I'd have enough passion and commitment to do without someone screaming at me for 90 mins.

If things start going wrong it takes our manager all of 10 seconds to get from seat to bench
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:40:31 »

I guess its a matter of opinion but for example, look at big phil scolari and sven goran errikson.  Ok sven doesn't sit in the stands but just sits on the bench all quiet, while Big Phil is up screaming and shouting....look who has the better record.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:44:29 »

I guess its a matter of opinion but for example, look at big phil scolari and sven goran errikson.  Ok sven doesn't sit in the stands but just sits on the bench all quiet, while Big Phil is up screaming and shouting....look who has the better record.

thats true, but thats down to tactics and team selection not just ranting and raving

The fact that Scoari wasnt managing the team with the likes of Mills, Heskey & Sinclair in it in 2002 helped as well, even if they were down to 10 men.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:49:37 »

If you have a team of shy quite lads, would you really want a ranter and a raver, likely to knock their confidence. However, if your team is made up of loud personalitys, a quiet manager could get easily overrun. A manager should be able to adapt accordingly, and do what is needed to get the best out of each individual player.

Things get better but they never get good
SwindonStevo

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:17:43 »

i think our main two places going wrong last season was set plays and our fitness, the fitness has been discussed loads on here and its quite obvious hes killing them on it, meanwhile the other big problem....

"Dennis is very hot on set plays and he knows that one slip upcould lose you the game, or likewise a well-worked corner could provide that vital opening to get all three points in a crucial league game" - Ady Williams

Cool

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/CopaIbizaDetail/0,,10341~868189,00.html
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:23:33 »

But as player, wouldn't you want your manager at the side lines showing a bit of commitment and passion rather than sat in the stands- specially when things start to go wrong?

So you think all his commitment will drain from him if he sits in the stand? (I always think that's an odd expression 'sitting in the stand' :shock: )

Anyway, I digress. Do you think he will start looking around and saying "Oooh look you can see the fire station from here!" or "What's that big tall building behind the Town End"Huh? Or maybe he'll go off back down stairs and miss most of the first half because he's been queing for a hamburger and a cup of tea or something :shock:

I am being facetious of course. I just don't see the problem with little Den sitting in the stands if that's what he wants and if the team is doing the business on the pitch then who the bloody fuck cares? Cool
sonic youth

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:24:08 »

wise has identifed the problems and weaknesses immediately and is working to rectify them, which although clearly obvious they were something iffy never seemed interested in.

i think wise will be a touchline manager, not quite as extreme as aaaaaaaaaaallllllllennnnnnnnnnn but still fairly loud.

of course, i'm hoping he spends most of his time on the pitch...
SwindonStevo

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:25:25 »

i cant see him in the stands alot personally, on the pitch or touchline will do just nicely.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:34:08 »

I think we will see quite a lot of him on the pitch. It depends on who the 'big name'signing turns out to be. Di Matteo perhaps?Huh??
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:51:19 »

I hope Dennis will be on Pitch/touchline an dGus will be doing the in the stands job.  Makes sense to have someone up there as strangely enough you can see more from up there.

I must admit I prefer the more animated managers, it seemed last year (especially in the must win games) that our opponants always had managers directing the play from the touch lines whilst Iffy sat in the stands scribbling notes.  Did wind me up a bit at the time.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 15:58:29 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I think we will see quite a lot of him on the pitch. It depends on who the 'big name'signing turns out to be. Di Matteo perhaps?Huh??

more chance of zola, atleast hes not a cripple   Soapy Tit Wank
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 16:04:21 »

Quote from: "SwindonStevo"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

more chance of zola, atleast hes not a cripple   Soapy Tit Wank

Yes, I just checked out Di Matteo's playing record and I see he retired in 2002 due to injury Oops

Zola it is then Cool
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 16:05:22 »

Dennis Wise is saying all the right stuff, what we want to hear.

The players are being worked hard, all of them....the youth team as well....

My dad bumped into one a player, who claimed he nearly cried after a training session because he had worked so bloody hard....yet his times were down....

Its something we've been lacking for years and years....seems we've got the right manager in at last.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: