Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise is scary  (Read 6453 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 18:06:24 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
I guess its a matter of opinion but for example, look at big phil scolari and sven goran errikson.  Ok sven doesn't sit in the stands but just sits on the bench all quiet, while Big Phil is up screaming and shouting....look who has the better record.

Italy won the WC, but Lippi wasn't exactly the arm waving type was he....he even had a bit of a strop at Gattuso when he came and wanted a bit of involvement..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 08:57:34 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "SwindonStevo"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I think we will see quite a lot of him on the pitch. It depends on who the 'big name'signing turns out to be. Di Matteo perhaps?Huh??

more chance of zola, atleast hes not a cripple   Soapy Tit Wank

Yes, I just checked out Di Matteo's playing record and I see he retired in 2002 due to injury Oops

Zola it is then Cool

just to put the final nail in the coffin, I'm sure Di Matteo not only retired due to injury, he also received compensation from an insurance claim, which effectively means he isn't legally able to play professional football again.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 08:58:59 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Dennis Wise is saying all the right stuff, what we want to hear...

...seems we've got the right manager in at last.

That almost sounds like Dennis has the unreserved DV seal of approval.
Piemonte

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 09:19:24 »

VD is just itching for us to lose to Hartlepool so he can start moaning again Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 11:51:26 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "stfcfan"
I guess its a matter of opinion but for example, look at big phil scolari and sven goran errikson.  Ok sven doesn't sit in the stands but just sits on the bench all quiet, while Big Phil is up screaming and shouting....look who has the better record.

Italy won the WC, but Lippi wasn't exactly the arm waving type was he....he even had a bit of a strop at Gattuso when he came and wanted a bit of involvement..

Likewise, how many times did we see Iffy waving his arms about and throwing a water bottle to ground. The simple fact is it didn't have any effect on the performances (or lack of).

A bot of expressed passion is nice, but you look at Gary Megson who goes overboard and disrupts the players. Personally I would prefer it if Wise was a quiet onlooker until it mattered. There's no point at screaming at the players for every little thing. If there are major problems, yes, but I'm sure Wise will spot them and then do the shouting when that happens.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:06:55 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
VD is just itching for us to lose to Hartlepool so he can start moaning again Wink

If we dont win at Hartlepool at least 5-0 I wont be happy, FACT!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:08:07 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Personally I would prefer it if Wise was a quiet onlooker until it mattered. There's no point at screaming at the players for every little thing. If there are major problems, yes, but I'm sure Wise will spot them and then do the shouting when that happens.
Apparently he's not a shouter (in public). He knows exactly what he wants and tells them clearly.  No histrionics when it doesn't happen, just a calm analysis and reminder of what was expected. Respect both ways ... and 50 extra sit ups for those who thought he hadn't noticed them not doing it Wink
sonic youth

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:08:44 »

he was shouting a lot at ciren on saturday...
santini

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:20:57 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
I was talking about training sessions.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:26:18 »

All sounding good then Santini?  Nicho and the lads happy with the change of management?

Must be great trying to impress ex- England and Uruguayan internationals in training.
sonic youth

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:26:28 »

are football matches not public then?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:31:08 »

Quote from: "santini"

And we were talking about matches. Perhaps you misinterpreted, but otherwise that comment was spastic. In fact, even if you did misinterpret it's still spastic  Wink
santini

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:37:24 »

I thought the "50 extra sit ups" would have given you a clue about the training context.

The "not in public" bit is about him not raving and embarrassing them in front of their team mates unlike previous "managers".
santini

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 12:44:55 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

And we were talking about matches. Perhaps you misinterpreted, but otherwise that comment was spastic. In fact, even if you did misinterpret it's still spastic  Wink
Mea Culpa.

Just thought I'd widen the debate to how he trains them. How silly of me not to explain that too. I deserve a slapped wrist.
 :twak:
sonic youth

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 16:06:14 »

I thought the "50 extra sit ups" would have given you a clue about the training context.

The "not in public" bit is about him not raving and embarrassing them in front of their team mates unlike previous "managers".

i blame the heat for my confusion.

it's refreshing to hear that wise has got a lid on discipline without being overly harsh and petty.

are you referring to a certain man with the initials AK? would it be to do with his media comments about ifil every week? or something else?

do share
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: