Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise is scary  (Read 6429 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 16:40:47 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "santini"
are football matches not public then?
I thought the "50 extra sit ups" would have given you a clue about the training context.

The "not in public" bit is about him not raving and embarrassing them in front of their team mates unlike previous "managers".

i blame the heat for my confusion.

it's refreshing to hear that wise has got a lid on discipline without being overly harsh and petty.

are you referring to a certain man with the initials AK? would it be to do with his media comments about ifil every week? or something else?

do share

I sat behind the dugouts at Colchester a couple of years ago and King was slagging off the players on the pitch to the subs i.e "What a fucking cunt he is!". I think he addressed that remark to Sabin (can't remember who he was talking about) Not surprisingly Eric didn't know how to react (He may not even have understood King anyway). What a complete bell end though.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 19:23:43 »

are you referring to a certain man with the initials AK? would it be to do with his media comments about ifil every week? or something else?

do share
AK couldn't explain what he wanted in training and couldn't work out how to change things if his first "strategy" didn't work. He covered his own inadequacies by berating the players, deflecting the "blame" on to them and ridiculing them.

He was particularly adept at mocking them behind their backs and then basking in the reflected smirks of his gullible cronies.  Great for morale, that one.

AK is just a bad memory now and Wise is a breath of fresh air with his high standards of expectation and coaching.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 20:53:08 »

Quote from: "santini"

do share
AK couldn't explain what he wanted in training and couldn't work out how to change things if his first "strategy" didn't work. He covered his own inadequacies by berating the players, deflecting the "blame" on to them and ridiculing them.

He was particularly adept at mocking them behind their backs and then basking in the reflected smirks of his gullible cronies.  Great for morale, that one.

AK is just a bad memory now and Wise is a breath of fresh air with his high standards of expectation and coaching.

Yep Yes
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 21:58:12 »

The players didn't really help themselves though
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2006, 22:01:28 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
The players didn't really help themselves though

No, you are right, but players are fucking stupid and need to be told what to do.  That's why it's so important to have a good manager.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 20, 2006, 18:11:09 »

It sounds like Wise is EXACTLY what we have needed.
The players quite clearly needed a kick up the backside. Unfortunately Mex failed to have an impact so they got in the next best option.

I think the fact the players WANT IT says a lot about Wise as he clearly wants them to be eager and to have a passion for winning. That is what football was about and it never seemed apparant last year
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: