Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193355 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:39:34 »

I've wondered about this. It could explain why things started to go horribly wrong when Cooper supposedly wanted to do things his own way. His ideas could have been incompatible with what we are doing leading to the lack of direction that some have alluded to.

It will be very interesting to see how he does in his next job.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #931 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:41:02 »

Cambridge have a vacancy
Flashheart

« Reply #932 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:45:12 »

Cambridge have a vacancy

A club well known for hoofball. The circle is complete (if he goes there)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #933 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:52:42 »

I would like to think Cooper would get a rousing reception if/when he returns to the CG
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:53:42 »

A friend of mine worked at one of Cooper's previous clubs and apparently he wasn't popular with the players and was thought of as being quite arrogant. I'm not sure whether anyone else had heard similar things from inside sources about his time at Swindon.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:56:54 »

You'll be reminded next season in League Two.

Looking forward to it.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #936 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 14:57:10 »

Got to say I don't really care too much about a manager's personality - as long as the job gets done on the pitch.

Wouldn't imagine PdC was liked by all the players
Panda Paws

« Reply #937 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:01:08 »

A club well known for hoofball. The circle is complete (if he goes there)

No chance - Posh connection pretty much rules him out.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:03:03 »

All this negativity is ridiculous. We've heard one interview from him and he hasn't even had a match yet. Give the bloke a chance.

Even if he doesn't beat Rochdale it's no biggy. He can't come in and flick a switch to get us winning. The players need to get used to him, he needs to get used to the playing ethos. So much has to happen for us to start winning games like last season.

Give him a chance!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:05:28 »

Got to say I don't really care too much about a manager's personality - as long as the job gets done on the pitch.

Wouldn't imagine PdC was liked by all the players
I know that results are the most important thing, but I think if players like and respect the manager then they will have more desire to play well for them. Most of the players during the Di Canio era did want to play well for him (at least at first) and he got the best out of a lot of the squad. His bull-in-a-China-shop mentality meant that unfortunately his expectations were probably unrealistic at times and he was too quick to fall out with players e.g. Clarke, Kerrouche, Caddis. He was good at motivating players but better at falling out with them. Managers like Klopp and Howe seem to have mastered getting their players on their side and motivated. Hopefully Ling will be able to do that too. Being an ex-player of good standing may help with that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:24:40 »

I think your Nelson eyepatch is blinding you to the hit-and-miss nature of lower-league football. I struggle to list the notably poor frogs we've had - Pericard, Sabin... -  but alongside those figure Cuervo, Darras, Comminges, Zaaboub, N'guessan, Razak, Kerrouche etc etc, all French nationals who more than held their own.

So why do you insist on picking out the French? De Gaulle? Culture envy? I know you're a bit old for new tricks, but could a hint of prejudice be clouding your judgment?

I think you bring down your own case...not forgetting Sebastian Ruster, Jonathan Tehoue.

All could have the odd good game, or in the case of Comminges, a steady enough season, but when judged didn't do much, before disappearing with Gallic shrug of the shoulders.

To me, Bangoura, Balmy and Traore look terrible....Robert offers a bit more, but has a lot to do to prove he's a decent Div 3 player.

We just happen to have had French players...the odd Belgian Dane, Finn, Czech, Portugeezer, Spaniard, Italian, Estonian have all been shit too.

OK there's something to be said for the comical badness, of our 3 musketeers, with Robert as d'Artagnan.....certainly stand alongside, Adrian Bakali, Kim Heiselberg, Marko Tuomela, Lukas Magera, Tijane Reis, Landor Gabilondo, Alberto Comazzi, Henrik Ojamaa....in the rib tickling stakes.

OK I may be a bit harsh on Gabilondo.

Dutch....fare a bit better, but they play darts and cricket so to be expected.
Panda Paws

« Reply #941 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:34:34 »

Bangoura and Balmy are hilarious bad but wouldn't have been signed if we didn't have 47 injuries. They'll never see the light of day again.

Traore, Bangoura and Robert all have the same agent.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:39:26 »

Traore looked good initially and seems to be getting worse. I don't think Balmy is that bad. Robert looks like he could be very good; when I have seen him this season he looked better than Luongo did for the the second half of last season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:43:55 »

Bangoura and Balmy are hilarious bad but wouldn't have been signed if we didn't have 47 injuries. They'll never see the light of day again.

Traore, Bangoura and Robert all have the same agent.

And to me therein lies the problem for this season....we've seen before how we can be stitched up by an agent...in my list were T*dd signings, and PdC signings...we'd have got nowhere near getting out of Div 4, without the remains of Wilson's side, like Ritchie, Caddis, Flint and Ferry.

Power probably got lucky that he could call on Tim Sherwood for signings from Spurs, and then use keeping Anton as a lever into Liverpool, but neither is now available.
Panda Paws

« Reply #944 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 15:55:05 »

I may be wrong, but the agent of those three is linked to Cooper - they're his signings, not Power's.

But yes, you're right.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: