Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 190277 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 12:30:30 »

I do miss Sammy Morshead at lease when he said something you knew it was reliable instead of needing to question it - I bet Power is happy Sam is out of the picture though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 12:32:22 »

I didn't particularly mind Power doing the recruiting and it's probably the right way to go if the manager has an input too given Power's links with top established clubs.

The links though, do seem a bit dependent on individuals....who often don't hang about too long. So the Spurs thing was obviously down to Sherwood, and we haven't had anyone since he went.

The Liverpool link through Rodgers, obviously was oiled by being nice to Anton....now he's gone. Which really only leaves Soton who let us have a couple and Norwich.

It's the recruitment that has let us down this season....
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 12:39:21 »

It's the recruitment that has let us down this season....

100%. You can't replace the calibre of player that left with the likes of Luongo, Foderingham, Gladwin, Byrne with Balmy, Barry, Brophy and Vigouroux. The recruitment was naive

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 12:42:26 »

The manager of a football team should be making the football decisions. The formation, who plays, who takes training and what they do in training etc.
He should also be the one identifying players he may wish to bring in and ship out. He can then go to the chairman with that for a yes or no. The chairman should be there to run the ship from upstairs dealing with funds etc not playing director of football.

The current methods being used at stfc are farcical. Whilst it's like this it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who the manager is. They're not actually free to manage are they?
Where has this worked before as I can't think of anywhere?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 12:45:11 by Arriba » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 12:57:57 »

The current methods being used at stfc are farcical. Whilst it's like this it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who the manager is. They're not actually free to manage are they?
If the setup is as suggested (and we don't *know* that but if it is), then I guess it's probably better to think of Cooper/Ling in terms of a combined head coach and 1st team figurehead rather than a traditional English manager.

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 13:01:54 »

If the setup is as suggested (and we don't *know* that but if it is), then I guess it's probably better to think of Cooper/Ling in terms of a combined head coach and 1st team figurehead rather than a traditional English manager.
They're not even that as the coaching is decided for them. Cooper challenged that and was shown the door. They're the matchday face and frontman. Little more
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 13:04:01 »

They're not even that as the coaching is decided for them.
Well the overall style is. I doubt that Power goes to the trouble of emailing in detailed training plans for each day though. And yes I know Williams supposedly does a lot of the detailed work.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 13:37:06 »

The manager of a football team should be making the football decisions. The formation, who plays, who takes training and what they do in training etc.
He should also be the one identifying players he may wish to bring in and ship out. He can then go to the chairman with that for a yes or no. The chairman should be there to run the ship from upstairs dealing with funds etc not playing director of football.

Us last season? There are a few clubs who have a similar set up tbf, we aren't operating alone in this manner. I just don't think the other clubs 'DOF' happen to also be Chairman / Owner.

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 14:44:52 »

Us last season? There are a few clubs who have a similar set up tbf, we aren't operating alone in this manner. I just don't think the other clubs 'DOF' happen to also be Chairman / Owner.
yeah to a point it worked for a while to be fair. Ain't now though.

A DOF can work I'm sure but not to the extent it is done here. Just think it's excessive. Not enough freedom for the manager.

Sir red ken

« Reply #1059 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 18:24:20 »

The replacement for ML is already at the club, if /when he goes, one of the back room guys will step up to the firing line.
There will be no investment in the team or management in this division or the next.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 13:24:16 »

Interesting to know what Embelton (sp?) does on the training pitch as he was brought in seemingly by Power but he does know Ling though I believe.

Makes me laugh though when the press state that Williams knows Ling and worked with him at Orient - I believe Williams was working in the youth dept with no input on first team matters so they only worked together indirectly, and have not kept in touch or anything since.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: