Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193358 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:18:46 »

I remember during the week after Leicester at Wembley, walking along Devizes Road, when Lingy drove up, parked his car opposite Talk of the Town, heading towards Wroughton, and scuttled off in for a trim. Traffic chaos ensued, I suspect he felt as a Wembley hero, parking legislation didn't apply.

He'll have to find somewhere else to get his barnet done now.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:21:13 »

meh. underwhelmed.

But fingers crossed it works out

I'd think like this if is wasn't for the fact that the alternatives could have been a lot worse.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:22:13 »

I like Lingy. I remember watching him come on as a sub for his first appearance (second time around – can't even remember seeing him play in his first, short spell under Macari) away at Port Vale at the end of the 90/91 season and being excited by him......and in much the same way I'm excited about him becoming manager (we still lost to Port Vale mind...).
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:26:32 »

Who needs Cantona, when we've got Martin Ling !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:27:56 »

Not that inspired, not that disappointed, he is our manager and we need to get behind him and the team.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:28:36 »

I remember Lingy as a player who added that extra quality that could transform a workmanlike team into something special.  A poor man's Hoddle.  Problem was that he got muscled out of games too easily.  

Is he tough enough for a Div 3 relegation battle?  Not particularly a poke at his health issues but more his general personality.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:29:29 »

I like Lingy. I remember watching him come on as a sub for his first appearance (second time around – can't even remember seeing him play in his first, short spell under Macari) away at Port Vale at the end of the 90/91 season and being excited by him......and in much the same way I'm excited about him becoming manager (we still lost to Port Vale mind...).

His first spell, was short, and concluded by the classic 2-6 defeat, under Macari, to Blackpool at the CG.  Lou fired out Lingy, David Cole and Kenny Allen, and we went up.

From 4-0 down at half time we at least showed a bit of spirit, with Leigh Barnard showing the way with a brace, he's the sort of player we'll need to get out of the shit.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #862 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:30:37 »

Leigh Barnyard? FFS
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:31:10 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/13932293.Ling_named_as_new_Swindon_Town_manager/

Oh god looking at the picture are we going to have the same problems that we had with PDC?

Reading the story I think I have identified our problem, the manager only has a rein (not reins), how is he supposed to manage and control the team with only 1?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:33:15 »

I really hope he does well, but if I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed.  I was hoping Power was going to pull a surprise out of the bag.

Not sure he's going to be the right man to takeover a team in a relegation scrap. He's under pressure from the off.  Not ideal for somebody who through an extreme breakdown.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:34:58 »

I'd think like this if is wasn't for the fact that the alternatives could have been a lot worse.

Yes, I think he was as experienced a manager as we were likely to get under our MO.

In times past I'd probably have been on more of a downer about it, but times have changed.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks anyway, other than it not  immediately lifting the fans - what counts is results.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:36:34 »

Wow.   We waited that long for this announcement!

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:36:41 »

OK, so let's see how we go. Not excited nor too disappointed really.

I always thought he'd come and manage us at some point.

Good luck, Lingy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:36:51 »

Leigh Barnyard? FFS

Yes, there's always a place for grafter in a Div 3 side....which is why Barnard played 41 games in the promoted 86/87 side, the most of any player save Colin Calderwood.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:38:13 »

Yep I don't disagree with many of the thoughts, but time to get behind him and the team and get out of this horrible mess were in.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: