Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Scunthorpe United Official Match day Thread  (Read 25357 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 19:05:16 »

So, if the back 3 and the front 2 are pretty much sorted, what's the best combination for the middle 5?

Is playing Gladwin and Robert together a risk?

My choice would be Brophy, Traore, Gladwin, Robert, BOO/Jordan Stewart obv Nathan when fit

That makes it possible to have Wes Thomas either starting or on bench

God knows what happens when Williams and Stewart are fit re loans
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 19:13:58 »

Wtf was going on today? Deep crosses into the box, shots on goal, Power must be fuming tonight. #lingout
SuperBosnian

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 19:14:50 »

Drissa Traore's hair. That is all.
SuperBosnian

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 19:17:19 »

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 19:58:29 »

So, if the back 3 and the front 2 are pretty much sorted, what's the best combination for the middle 5?

Judging by today's performance, Thompson and Traore would work with Gladwin in front. Traore was superb today I thought
Skinny Pete

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 20:01:51 »

So that's a no-no for Kasim, then?

Me, too!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 20:03:42 »

I've just been listening to Mark Robins' take on the game on the BBC site:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34753809

Apart from the fact that he didn't want to make any excuses and then goes on to say that they had 5 players out (only 5 - lucky fuckers) and the conditions were appalling (same for both sides of course)......he reckons Scunthorpe should have won the game and could/should have "been out of sight" after 15 minutes. For those that were there - is he right? From what I saw and heard (only going on reports as I wasn't there...) we probably just about deserved to win it. They only came into it once we were 2 up.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 20:27:43 »

Apart from the fact that he didn't want to make any excuses and then goes on to say that they had 5 players out (only 5 - lucky fuckers) and the conditions were appalling (same for both sides of course)......he reckons Scunthorpe should have won the game and could/should have "been out of sight" after 15 minutes. For those that were there - is he right? From what I saw and heard (only going on reports as I wasn't there...) we probably just about deserved to win it. They only came into it once we were 2 up.
They had a couple of chances early on, but we could have scored three by half time and apart from the nervy last 10 minutes we were the better side in the second half.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 21:24:50 »

So that's a no-no for Kasim, then?

Me, too!

I'm with you, he's a waste of time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 21:40:39 »

We ground a win out after a tepid and insipid first half, one of the worst halves of footy I have seen at the CG in years! 

You clearly missed the midweek Oldham (?) game.
-------------
After a slow "here we go again" start, I thought we grew into the game. It wasn't brilliant, but we matched Scunny. We didn't have too many shots, but we had a few efforts and looked reasonably solid at the back.

Second half we looked a bit better. Gladwin remembered he was allowed to pass and it was a good follow up by clear MOM Branco following a smart save from their keeper. Second Gladders carried it and passed at the right time to give Ajose a golden chance which he duly took.

Thought we looked comfortable an solid until they scored a free header from the corner. And we looked a bit nervy thereafter, understandably so, but we coped quite well and saw out the remainder.

A couple of points:
  1. Scunny pressed us well, especially from goal kicks. SO GO FUCKING LONG. If we lose the header its still referable to cocking up at the back.

2. We have a team full of fairies. Never seen such a bunch of bottling, tackle shy lightweights.

3. Traore did OK today to my eyes.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 21:49:50 »

Better...a lot better.

What a relief! Clap

Didn't start well but got into it.

Scunny keeper made a hell of a save before Branco thumped it home.

Second goal was just like last season....the build up to that should be watched  over and over again by the players.

After that...rat shit ... Checking back and we let them back in it, goal was coming for ten minutes before it went in.

We held on, despite the best efforts of the complete and utter shit Rodgers, nobody since Barker gets on my tits like that useless fucker. I enjoyed him having a pop at Thomas for not reading his 100 mph forward pass that the keeper almost had to parry. He has to get dropped sooner or later, utter shite.

I hope this is a sign that the oil tanker is turning....

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 22:01:07 »

He is talking shite. They were awful.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 22:12:32 »

Well we're all certainly in agreement that Rodgers is a waste of space.  If he starts next Saturday when the majority of midfielders are available, I think I'll lose the plot!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 22:13:24 »

Brad Barry pulled out of at least 4 potential 50/50's allowing their player/s to win the ball. Totally out of his depth although did extremely well just before h/t to shut down a counter attack & then almost scored himself at the other end! Will feel far more confident when NT is back to play in his position. Shame we didn't sign Eckersley as we are desperately short on defensive cover. Anton was poor again. The amount of cheap possession he gave away when we were clinging on was criminal which is so fucking frustrating as his ball retention is ususlly pretty good. He's surely played his way out of next week's team with that performance today. Branco was excellent & thoroughlly deserved MOTM. Lingy has got a nice selection headache on decidng which loan player misses out next week assuming all are fit.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 22:15:02 »

Better...a lot better.

What a relief! Clap

Didn't start well but got into it.

Scunny keeper made a hell of a save before Branco thumped it home.

Second goal was just like last season....the build up to that should be watched  over and over again by the players.

After that...rat shit ... Checking back and we let them back in it, goal was coming for ten minutes before it went in.

We held on, despite the best efforts of the complete and utter shit Rodgers, nobody since Barker gets on my tits like that useless fucker. I enjoyed him having a pop at Thomas for not reading his 100 mph forward pass that the keeper almost had to parry. He has to get dropped sooner or later, utter shite.

I hope this is a sign that the oil tanker is turning....

You won't see me getting on the back of our players......... But Rodgers is absolutely shite.
Offers little and one player self destruction to us losing that today.
Please get him out the starting 11.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: