Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Scunthorpe United Official Match day Thread  (Read 24999 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:19:10 »

Yep he even bollocked Ajosie for not tracking back and Obeke for not marking at the corner.

Should stay captain
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:30:51 »

I have always liked Branco for his whole hearted approach, however he was always prone to glaring errors and became one of the boo boys targets at one stage.  This season he has come on in leaps and bounds and added consistency to his game, gone from a bit of a cult figure in some quarters to captain and undroppable.  I guess he will always make the odd mistake as all players do but he is an essential part of a back three, and as the middle of the three, being out on the left or right did not suit him.  Perhaps in two years time we may be able to say the same about Barry . . . .
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:55:41 by ronnie21 » Logged
EldeneRed

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:43:15 »

Whenever I go to games, the crowd always seems to love Branco.

He's a lovable kind of guy. I doubted him before, but he's a real defensive presence now.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:46:36 »

A couple of things I noticed from the highlights - Barry's laughable attempt to head the ball right at the start, and that Rodgers is a fat little fucker.
EldeneRed

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:53:56 »

All in favour of dropping Rodgers, Barry and Ojaama then?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:54:22 »

I think most fans will accept mistakes from players if they put in the effort. For all the limitations some players exhibited yesterday Rodgers stood out as the weakest link. When we have all the midfielders back and at full fitness, he shouldn't even get on the bench.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:56:25 »

If we have better, then yes!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:12:25 »

Never helps to get on the back of your own player but a good free kick is simply not enough to justify picking a player and Rodgers offered nothing else. 

Traore is a limited player but his spirit was a better contributor to the team than a technically superior but seemingly disinterested Kasim.  Branco epitomised and perhaps inspired the spirit required to grind out the 3 points   If Thomas' cameo return is a sign of options to come with player returns from injury and abroad, that all bodes (relatively) well.

Any opinions on why Williams appeared to take the lead from the technical area?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:54:04 »

Interesting to hear Chalkie on the way home pick out both Gladwin & Rodgers for not offering enough when we don't have the ball.  He then said you can get away with one player, IF they contribute enough when the team is attacking (i.e Gladwin's two assists), and that in his opinion Rodgers place should be in doubt.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:17:49 »

I actually thought Barry did alright yesterday
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:18:29 »

Any opinions on why Williams appeared to take the lead from the technical area?

Assistants often are the one's doing the arm waving and relaying of information to players. You'll see it week in week out at most sides
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:41:33 »

Barry & Rodgers without a doubt. Still think Ojamaa can offer a lot if used correctly.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 17:44:17 »

Commemorative mugs all round (well, for those of us who can say 'we were there').

However, I suspect the Pox will be issuing another mug to mark the fact their attendance was 1 better than ours yesterday.

Traore deserves to keep his place.
Branco deserved mom - he looked like the only one keen to attack in the first half!
For the first 35 mins BOO and Barry might as well have gone shopping. Then they both realised that being wing-backs involves getting forward and crossing the ball into the box and supporting the strikers. They really are lightweight in the tackle though.
Rodgers deserves to lose his place. Sometimes he looks as though he can provide a killer pass but he doesn't do enough. Most frustratingly, he makes a short pass and stands still instead of getting off his arse to exploit some space.

A great result but progress really would be getting something at Fleetwood, and then being competitive against Walsall.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 18:03:19 »

Testing out the new youtube feature

The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 18:55:27 »

Vigs, Branco, Turnball and El Abd all looked solid.

BOO and Barry are okay(ish) going forward; shocking defenders though- its like boys playing against men, the wind would throw them off the ball!

Traore looked very good yesterday, got stuck in with some good challenges- deserved to start ahead of Kasim.

Gladwin pissed me off a lot in the first half, very greedy going forward and didnt get stuck in. Made things happen after the break.

Rodgers is a terrible, terrible centre midfielder. No bite at all, shys away from the ball when defending  No

Strikers were ok. Good to see some passion- clearly meant a lot to some of the players to finally get a win.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: