Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Scunthorpe United Official Match day Thread  (Read 25020 times)
china red

« Reply #135 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 19:50:55 »

Really liked the look of El Abd in the Coventry and Scunthorpe game, no nonsense and clearly experienced
Skinny Pete

« Reply #136 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 19:53:38 »

Must have a chance of signing him on a permanent in Jan - along with Wes, hopefully.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 19:59:09 »

Does Ajose miss by the way
Skinny Pete

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 20:14:57 »

Miss what?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 20:48:57 »

Really liked the look of El Abd in the Coventry and Scunthorpe game, no nonsense and clearly experienced

El Abd has a bit of an Alan McCormack about him. Not the biggest centre half but a competitor with a bit of devil about him and comfortable bringing the ball out.

Time will tell with Barry and BOO as full backs but both are in first seasons of competitive football. Look how long it took Nathan Thompson to establish himself as a first team regular.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 20:54:16 »

Must have a chance of signing him on a permanent in Jan - along with Wes, hopefully.

Only problem is El-Abd in contracted to City until June 2017, so its going to cost to sign him.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10943229.Transfer_window_watch__Update_2___El_Abd_leaves_Albion/?ref=var_0
Skinny Pete

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 21:15:05 »

If we can flog Smith (doubtful) and/or Kasim (also doubtful) we could pay a few quid for him.

Maybe the 82ers want rid anyway
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 23:14:48 »

If we can flog Smith (doubtful) and/or Kasim (also doubtful) we could pay a few quid for him.

Maybe the 82ers want rid anyway

Doesn't look like Smith has been setting the world alight in Barnsley. If we do get him back how long is left on his contract?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 23:25:47 »

Doesn't look like Smith has been setting the world alight in Barnsley. If we do get him back how long is left on his contract?

End of 2016/17 season, I think?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 00:11:50 »

Thought the criticism of BOO was a bit unfair yesterday considering Town haven't wanted to play down the left since Noah was a lad. At least he worked hard even knowing that the ball would eventually go through the middle.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 10:43:33 »

Considering the performances and results of recent weeks, this game was far from poor. Some of the first half was dross but, 90+ minutes of some recent games were dross.

On the whole, most of our squad had an ok or better game. For me, the exception was Rogers. Too often loosing possession, not fighting to regain the ball, short passes to a team mate with an opposition player already administering a rectal examination  and limited off the ball movement. He did have the usual (and expected) flashes where a sweet pass was put in and, I will admit, some of the possession loosing balls were actually good passes- the intended recipient failing to be on the same page of the song sheet.

Gladwin is so frustrating. He looks really happy to have the ball at his feet, ploughing his way forward and he often looks like he is scaring the shit out of the opposition. He then goes into Byrne mode- trying to beat just one more player instead of putting the pass in...... Doh

I thought Barry had one of his better games yesterday. I see in him the seed of a good player. Give him time and support and let him mature physically. I mean, not long ago, yesterdays deserved MOM Raffa was being slated as a useless liability. He has developed into a worthy captain.

Same with BOO. He is young and has yet to grow. he will also develop I think. On Saturday, once he felt comfortable (second half), he was getting down the wing and lobbing some peachy crosses in. I think we need both our wings to do that- make progress, get to the line and pump the ball in. Don't bother looking for out attackers, trust them to be there. Our forwards and midfield will then start realising that service is available and make use of it.

3 fucking points! COYR!!!!

Panda Paws

« Reply #146 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 10:55:08 »

So Saturday then.... Kasim for Rodgers the only change (given we can't name Louis in the squad unless someone else drops out)? Thomas for Obika too?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 11:01:54 »

I think there are a few examples of where the coaching here has developed players quite nicely. Byrne, Branco and Gladwin in particular have been heavily slated and then improved leaps and bounds. You could even throw Andy Williams into that mix, his form pre Cooper / Power / Williams and since his move to Doncaster hasn't been amazing yet here he was unstoppable at times.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic but if we can stay up (and it is still a big if) then perhaps next season we can see the potential of these guys really coming to light.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 11:14:52 »

I think there are a few examples of where the coaching here has developed players quite nicely. Byrne, Branco and Gladwin in particular have been heavily slated and then improved leaps and bounds. You could even throw Andy Williams into that mix, his form pre Cooper / Power / Williams and since his move to Doncaster hasn't been amazing yet here he was unstoppable at times.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic but if we can stay up (and it is still a big if) then perhaps next season we can see the potential of these guys really coming to light.

It is a big if...however Saturday was a must win, and we won so a great help....this gives us 16 from 17, in 05/06 we had 13 from 17, only lost 4 of the next 17, but still went down. We've still got a lot of structural problems with the squad, not least a dodgy midfield where Gladwin and Louis are likely to be off after Christmas.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 11:32:10 »

Loved that game.

- Ajose looked much more alive with another striker up with him.
- Beaker had an off-night which is fair enough as he's usually one of the top performers when he's on the pitch.
- Rodgers had a terrible game, but in my opinion he does have the ability to be one of those players nobody realises how important they can be. In the past he had the role of dropping deep to collect the ball from the defenders and link up the field. This wasn't happening on Saturday and he had too many wayward passes. If he personally has a good game, he is one of those un-noticed but important players.
- Branco = God
- Barry grew into the game and he has the signs of great potential.
- The back 5 worked really well, we were just lacking the bags of creativity linking the forward two to the back five.
- I am a huge fan of wing-backs when they are wing-backs. The ratio should be favouring the defensive side 70:30 unlike what's happened with us in the past where the wings have been completely undefended.
- There was still a lot of moaning in the DRS when Branco & Vigs would pass it out which is frustrating. Why boot the ball 70 yds and give them possession when we can play three passes and we're moving up the field with possession ourselves? I get frustrated when we do the pass-out every single time, but I thought there was a good mixture of the two methods.

Cheers then!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: