Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Pie Shop  (Read 3412 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 15:24:25 »

Pie's suck, too much pastry for my liking.  Having said that the best pies in the world can be bought at any 7/11 in Australia.  The steak pies are the best, just cos the pastry's tasting and soft.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 15:25:04 »

oooh yeah chicken and bacon!!  Cool
Piemonte

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 15:27:04 »

Chicken Balti aint half bad, although chicken and bacon is probably my personal favorite followed by beef and onion
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 15:41:40 »

strengths

- pies are not a normal fast food good, you'd be in a niche market with a USP

weaknesses

- other, larger fast food outlets with larger capital, more stores, generally more resources both financially and operationally

opportunities

- the health-pie market. this is a new niche founded by your pie shop, the fat free pie. you could have fat free options on all of your pie flavours on the menu
- rival boots' meal deal with your own - pie, drink and crisps/choc for £4 or something

threats

- mccy d's, etc
- the cornish pasy co. similar sort of good and their stores are popping up everywhere nowadays

must dash now, may think of more later
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 16:36:49 »

Cheers OF.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 3, 2005, 18:49:32 »

Threat to your pie sales may come in the form of EU intervention as to the intellectual ownership of the pie.....and when is a pie, a tart, a torte, a flan, or a  quiche?

Such a debate is currently raging as to whether the M and S pork pie made in Trowbridge, but bearing the name Melton mowbray pork pie is strictly legal.
Piemonte

« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 09:29:44 »

The same thing happend with Parma ham that wasnt manufactured in Parma didnt it?
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 09:54:26 »

Retail is a real cut-throat world though, competition is more fierce there than in almost every other form of business. There are lots of competitors in the world of catering to contend with and use of industrial spies is not uncommon.

Wink
(i think i got away with it!)

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 10:54:51 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
The same thing happend with Parma ham that wasnt manufactured in Parma didnt it?

In 1999, the Melton Mowbray Pork Pie Association, a group of seven local manufacturers, applied to the EU to have their products categorised as protected geographical indication (PGI). This would restrict the use of the name in much the same way that 570 other European foodstuffs, including Bayonne ham, mortadella, Cornish clotted cream, Scotch beef and Stilton cheese, have been granted protected status.

Think Parma ham and probably parmesan cheese is in the 570.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: