Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chelsea in Meltdown !!!  (Read 13630 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 17:52:06 »

Don't know about the 70 odd thousand, but I can remember us losing 2-1 at Stamford bridge in the 80's in front of about 8 or 9 k Smiley I'm pretty sure Speedie and Dixon scored for you, but have no recollection of our scorer. Better check before the internet police respond.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 17:56:00 »

Internet police help. I can only find a 2-3 with 17k. Am I  a drink befuddled moron. Or did I actually go to a 1-2?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 17:58:08 »

Chelsea fan in peace here....
 Haven't been to the County Ground for many years (recall a couple of wins including a testimonial... ).

Jimmy Allen's Testimonial in May '86? My first ever Swindon match that was.
Bovis Messroom

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:08:33 »

I think we did the double over you in 93/94. That would've been Hoddles return matches against you. The 3-2 was in 1989 and all I can find at the moment is Durie got one and the our other two were OG's. Don't know who the guilty men were though.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:10:07 »

I like Chelsea, best mate supports them and used to go up a fair bit. Shed is a great laugh and their fans aren't too bad for the rubbish the Prem is.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:12:00 »

I think we did the double over you in 93/94. That would've been Hoddles return matches against you. The 3-2 was in 1989 and all I can find at the moment is Durie got one and the our other two were OG's. Don't know who the guilty men were though.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19890127
Bovis Messroom

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:15:52 »

Jimmy Allen's Testimonial in May '86? My first ever Swindon match that was.
That's the testimonial me and a mate attended.  He was a goalie and I shouldn't laugh but didn't he let in a OG on the night? As most friendlies there were a host of subs so forgive me if it wasn't him. Was back in the days when we were 'lounge lizarding' and we managed to blag our way up to the players bar after the game.  Expect the security will be a tad tighter tomorrow.  Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:38:43 »

See former Don Dave Beasant was playing for you - don't think Wimbledon would be quite so touchy about being called "a small club in London"

Our trophy cabinet may not compare with your recent haul but at least the Wiltshire Shields in our cabinet are testament to us ruling our own manor.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:46:01 »

That's the testimonial me and a mate attended.  He was a goalie and I shouldn't laugh but didn't he let in a OG on the night? As most friendlies there were a host of subs so forgive me if it wasn't him. Was back in the days when we were 'lounge lizarding' and we managed to blag our way up to the players bar after the game.  Expect the security will be a tad tighter tomorrow.  Smiley
Thanks for the post however STFC are what i would call a real football club and to me the Prem league has become everything that is wrong with English football that is not a pop at Chelsea just the Anti Christ league in General
Apart from you and the 2 manchester clubs no one will else win the league success is seen as being in the European comps or lower down staying in the league
Bovis Messroom

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 18:54:27 »

See former Don Dave Beasant was playing for you - don't think Wimbledon would be quite so touchy about being called "a small club in London"

Our trophy cabinet may not compare with your recent haul but at least the Wiltshire Shields in our cabinet are testament to us ruling our own manor.

Hey,  I'm more pedantic than touchy    Smiley  I too am immensely proud that I witnessed first hand our first European trophy in a long time, the Cross Channel Cup vs Le Havre.  They'll never take that one away from us.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 19:01:57 »

Hi Bovis
Would really like to know
How long have you followed Chelsea ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 19:04:37 »

Isn't the 'you've got no history' goading you hear about Chelsea's relative lack of success pre-Abramovich mainly a Premier League thing?  I can't honestly say I know much about Chelsea's history/past, and care even less.  We're not rivals in any sense.

As Bassett Boy says, it's a different sport practically; a different world.  Tomorrow's game is a novelty game: fun if we were to make a contest of it, but very quickly forgotten if we don't.  The derby win on Saturday was much more important in the scheme of things, to me at any rate.  Certainly the game I was focussing on more during the last week.

Interesting stat about the 1911 game, by the way.  And verified by our very own unofficial club archive:

Chelsea vs STFC, March 1911
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 19:10:50 »

Charlie Cooke was an ace winger...had him on my wall as a young lad....Typhoo Tea pictures.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 19:16:26 »

1910, we beat Barnsley in Paris in the invitational Dubonnet Cup - but I can only think of one poster on here who would remember that adventure.

Used to live in west London in the great days of Osgood, Hudson and Chopper Harris and recall a Euro Cup Winners cup semi final v Spurs (which competition Chelsea, rarely in those days, went on to win I think)

Lounge lizarding at the County Ground must have been pretty low key compared to the Kings Road back in the day.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 19:17:39 »

Charlie Cooke was an ace winger...had him on my wall as a young lad....Typhoo Tea pictures.

Remember him too at Chelsea - and also the Don's team at Palace.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: