Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 109375 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:22:39 »

That was a statement for the fans and the fans only.

Those poor ol' journos.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:27:47 by Costanza » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:28:26 »

Nothing about fanzai - good.

About players and very much 'as you were' regarding objectives.

Sign a few more and roll on Bradford!

And it appears TEF have disclosed the statement first!

Oops! Am I/we banned? #inthistogether
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:31:04 »

meh. didn't address much.

completely agree with self sustainability and the model he's attempting. don't know many that aren't.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #123 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:35:15 »

Why would he need to put his hand in his pocket for a player when we've got the Luongo/Gladwin money plus the Wembley dosh?
Flashheart

« Reply #124 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:36:09 »

Why would he need to put his hand in his pocket for a player when we've got the Luongo/Gladwin money plus the Wembley dosh?

The Luongo/Gladwin money is his money. Ergo, if he buys a player, it's out of his pocket.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:42:02 »

"If I need to put money in personally to purchase a player, like have I done in the past, then I will do ... "
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 17:16:47 »

Basically, can you please all shut the fuck up, I've got this.

The odd line every now and then and everybody would shut the fuck up.  Everyone would have stayed calm had the club just drawn a line at the time of the stories..

BOO has signed

No approach by Sheff Wed

We will be training at Beaverstock

Actively talking to players...  That's all it would have taken.

This news would have usually been communicated by the various news outlets in town and everyone would have been happy (mostly), but as he has decided to shut down the any communication with the various news outlets it's no wonder the fans haven't shut the fuck up.

Basically, if he doesn't want to be having to make statements every few months, release the odd nugget to the various news outlets..  that is what they are there for.  If not, don't be surprised when they take a punt on a rumour they have heard on twitter or from other local news outlets..

And if you want us to use Fanzai, come out and tell us why and make it work..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 17:57:33 »

Evening all,

Loads of interesting points on this thread and many from either 'side' which are understandable. For us in "The Media", there is the point of precedent to be considered. I imagine most of us will have something more substantial to say next week but for now, like I've mentioned on Twitter, I'd ask you to contemplate the ideas of accountability, community and legacy. Many will see that as self-defence; I honestly see them (as a fan) as very real issues to consider.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 18:07:04 »

Evening all,

Loads of interesting points on this thread and many from either 'side' which are understandable. For us in "The Media", there is the point of precedent to be considered. I imagine most of us will have something more substantial to say next week but for now, like I've mentioned on Twitter, I'd ask you to contemplate the ideas of accountability, community and legacy. Many will see that as self-defence; I honestly see them (as a fan) as very real issues to consider.
[/quote
We are moving to the Olympic Stadium?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 18:08:52 »

The odd line every now and then and everybody would shut the fuck up.  Everyone would have stayed calm had the club just drawn a line at the time of the stories..

BOO has signed

No approach by Sheff Wed

We will be training at Beaverstock

Actively talking to players...  That's all it would have taken.

This news would have usually been communicated by the various news outlets in town and everyone would have been happy (mostly), but as he has decided to shut down the any communication with the various news outlets it's no wonder the fans haven't shut the fuck up.

Basically, if he doesn't want to be having to make statements every few months, release the odd nugget to the various news outlets..  that is what they are there for.  If not, don't be surprised when they take a punt on a rumour they have heard on twitter or from other local news outlets..

And if you want us to use Fanzai, come out and tell us why and make it work..
Couldn't have put it better Bernie. Power's not done a lot wrong during his tenure here but I suspect he's learned a lesson over the last few weeks. The fact that he's bothered to make a statement at least suggests that he gives a shit what the fans think - which is a good thing.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 18:11:47 »

I doubt very much he has learned a lesson OST, his time at Cambridge included a bit of toying with the local media
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 19:04:55 »

I doubt very much he has learned a lesson OST, his time at Cambridge included a bit of toying with the local media

I've always found lady journos to be game myself....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 19:07:16 »

So what went on at Cambridge then Rob? I never really got to the bottom of it.*

*Due entirely to laziness on my part.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 21:20:33 »

He pretty much engineered himself into managing the club and would feed stories to play politics as I understand it.  I would imagine he is not keen on being challenged and having other people leak things.  Nothing huge and I am fully supportive of his time with us, just think he doesn't play nicely when he sees other people taking control of an agenda (in his eyes).  He does seem a bit of a control freak and to be fair it is generally working out well, but may also explain a lack of activity when he isn't about or deems there isn't anything the press should know about.   Think back to his frustration at crowd numbers, it made no sense to him as I think he works on the old school philosophy of all you need is results and good football and everyone will be happy.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, July 11, 2015, 08:50:27 »

Last paragraph. Good old Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3156353/HOT-NOT-John-McEnroe-loudmouth-mode-Wimbledon-s-star-turn-unlike-Maria-Sharapova-s-ferret-impression.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: