Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108208 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 15:08:11 »

I dont see an issue, you either get the app or you dont, It will be reprinted within seconds on forums anyway. But the ultimate reason for doing it  will be point number 1 in batch's list above.
Flashheart

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 15:50:24 »

I hope they makes lots of money from it and put a chunk of that into the club.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 16:03:52 »

If the fucking thing worked it would be a start.
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 16:08:55 »

I suspect getting it working will be part of the plan.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 16:12:58 »

Should have sorted that out before jettisoning the local media and trying to attract the fans.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 16:16:07 »

I suspect getting it working will be part of the plan.

Yes, but most apps would go through testing before they launched, this hasn't happened which hasn't filled me with confidence. They are lucky, football fans will probably persevere more than most would with a duff app, but I still think many will be put off by their first experience with it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 18:02:55 »

I dont see an issue,

I don't know if you'd like a serious answer or not. Suspect not but tough tits.

1. The way the club are forcing you to go through Fanzai is rediculous. The Twitter and Facebook social media apps are market leaders with vast numbers. Sometimes I miss things other people pick up on by seeing through these mediums.

More importantly those 'casuals' aren't as likely to seek out club news by this kind of inderection. More inconvenience = less likelyhood of doing it.

2. The app itself is shite, already discussed.

3. The fanzai concept is adding absolutely nothing to the OS/Twitter/FB mediums. At least not for the fans.

4. I have heard absolutely no explanation of why the club want to push it. What is the advantage to them?

5. I'd like to know who 'owns' this app. If its Standing past history has warned me off shadowy figures standing in background , potentially making money for their own pockets off the back of the club (pure speculation, merely a concern).

6. The whole thing just drives a wedge between club and fans/press. So why bother.

.. app or you dont, It will be reprinted within seconds on forums anyway.

Yes,  fair enough. In reality that is what will happen. Hopefully so few will click through to Fanzai it'll dissapear up its own arse.
------------
This coupled with denying press access is rather rediculous. As I said, post Diamandis/Jed I'm wary of any chancer opertunities.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 18:28:06 »

FFS it's 'ridiculous'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 18:38:03 »

sorry sir. please don't ban me.
woolster

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 18:41:09 »

Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 19:20:02 »

We all thought we were being run fantastically behind the scenes during Black's tenure, because J. Wray was such a great communicator, even though in a lot of respects, the way we were operating turned out to be something of a shambles.

By all accounts we're being run more effectively under Power, but with no mediator between the board and the fans, the atmosphere seems considerably more negative.

We're a pretty superficial bunch, all things being told. A bit of cheap PR, drip-fed to us regularly, could have a hugely positive effect on the atmosphere around the club.

You wouldn't have believed from the current atmosphere that we:

- finished 4th last year
- got to a playoff final
- played some of the best football we've seen in 20 years
- cemented a reputation for developing young players
- forged close links with a number of Premiership clubs
- were able to balance the books, having got the last remnants of the Di Canio era off the payroll
- just made a record amount from the sale of 2 players, and still have Kasim, Bryne, and Smith, and a few more   
  potentially valuable assets on the books
- are run by a chairman with good business sense, a keen eye for a player, and a lot of money to work with
- have what will no doubt be an exciting and unpredictable summer of transfers ahead
- will be playing in one of the most open looking league 1 in years

100% this.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 19:36:13 »

Surely, at the end of the day, all the fans really care about is where we finish in the league.

All this peripheral fluff is just close season madness.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 19:54:20 »

Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
deltaincline

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:49:06 »

I don't know if you'd like a serious answer or not. Suspect not but tough tits.

1. The way the club are forcing you to go through Fanzai is rediculous. The Twitter and Facebook social media apps are market leaders with vast numbers. Sometimes I miss things other people pick up on by seeing through these mediums.

More importantly those 'casuals' aren't as likely to seek out club news by this kind of inderection. More inconvenience = less likelyhood of doing it.

2. The app itself is shite, already discussed.

3. The fanzai concept is adding absolutely nothing to the OS/Twitter/FB mediums. At least not for the fans.

4. I have heard absolutely no explanation of why the club want to push it. What is the advantage to them?

5. I'd like to know who 'owns' this app. If its Standing past history has warned me off shadowy figures standing in background , potentially making money for their own pockets off the back of the club (pure speculation, merely a concern).

6. The whole thing just drives a wedge between club and fans/press. So why bother.

Yes,  fair enough. In reality that is what will happen. Hopefully so few will click through to Fanzai it'll dissapear up its own arse.
------------
This coupled with denying press access is rather rediculous. As I said, post Diamandis/Jed I'm wary of any chancer opertunities.

This.

Power worries me.

He's exceptionally paranoid and overly suspicious of the press.

That is either because of previous bad experiences or naivety. Given his vast experience in football and in business, one has to presume that it's the former.

His poor relationship with the press is alienating a huge amount of people because people are naturally suspicious of his motives.

He needs to either grow the fuck up and start to realise that just because he's the owner he's not necessarily going to be right about everything all the time, or he needs to recognise his own shortcomings and have the bollocks to bring in a professional CEO that doesn't have his narcissistic tendencies and can run that side of the business properly and professionally.

And someone inside the club needs to remind him that despite what the share certificates or companies house say, he doesn't own our fucking club - we do.

I believe an increasing amount of fans are sceptical of his intentions and I don't think it would take too much for them to turn on him if the playing side goes tits up this season.

And anyone who falls for the old Essex Mafia accent must be a complete cunt.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:54:41 »

I think as a fan base we are a bit paranoid too. With reason.

If Power is straight up he's doing a great job on the football side so far TBF. Not got a problem living in our means, I'd prefer a well intentioned sugar daddy but we ain't got one.

Its just stuff like this makes the spider sense tingle. I hope its a(nother) stupid over reaction on my part. I really do .The Standing thing, and the fact Agombar played, and the press blackout don't help.

Fuck all we can do about it really. Guess we'll have to wait and see (and moan).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: