Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thursday Night  (Read 25275 times)
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:06:49 »

hertab ... that makes perfect sense ... and is the right attitude to take to the meeting (IMO).

Don't you think that there will always be some who will show goodwill and credulity towards the Board Reg - especially if promoted in May?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:12:18 »

My mum was in a massive accident on the M25 last night, shows this weather is dodgy to be driving in.  Id rather no one was injured just to go and have a go at the board

(ps mum is fine car is crushed)

Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:13:22 »

sorry to hear that Bushey .. glad she is ok
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:18:32 »

Thanks Mav, its not true what people say about you Smiley

its only a piece of metal at the end of the day.  The bastard who clipped her car drove off but luckilly four blokes in cars pulled over and got her out and stayed till police and step dad arrived.

Big bunch of flowers cheered her up today and will see her at weekend and try and sort out new wheels for her (she aint getting anything flush).

Puts life into perspective

Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:22:53 »

Hey trust me ... it is ALL true Bushey!!  Cheesy but thanks!

I have had way too much experience of illness and disability in my own immediate family to ever lose sight of what really matters.

Hope she manages to get back behind the wheel again soon before she loses her nerve too much.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:29:20 »

she will, she is a good driver, she was in my brothers M5 earlier in the day and made him do the m button (it was a clear duel carriageway) so she will get begind the wheel again.  She actually likes speed (was only going 75 thank god last night)

Same as mav, lost enough already.  

cheers for kind words

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:31:26 »

The board have had hundreds of opportunities over the last five (or so) years to cultivate a meaningful relationship with the fans...and they failed at every turn.  As recently as a few months ago, they were still publicly showing their disdain for the fans with their 'Keep quiet or we're pulling the plug' line - patronising even by their own standards.

So no - I don't have an open mind when it comes to the current board, because the time for giving them a fair hearing has long passed.  The reason the tone has changed from 'Shut it, or we'll leave' to 'Let's talk' in a space of months is because their hand has been forced.  Had a credible alternative (in the shape of Bill Power) not emerged, none of this - the meeting, the appointments - would have happened.  So I don't believe this glasnost bullshit for one second.

I no more want to sit down and listen to the current board's plans for the club than I would want to sit and listen to Tony Blair selling the benefits of his strategy in Iraq.  I know to mention the two in the same sentence may seem a little trite, but both (our board and Blair) are utterly discredited in their own ways.  And both now need to move on.

[Edit: Just read about your Mum, Bushey Boy.  Best wishes from me.]
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 18:24:06 »

Hope everything is ok Ash !
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #218 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 19:41:36 »

I think I must have travelled to the alternate 08 February 2007, or my DeLorean might be on the blink again
TalkTalk

« Reply #219 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 20:22:54 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I think I must have travelled to the alternate 08 February 2007, or my DeLorean might be on the blink again

Soapy Tit Wank

You've really got BTTF bad, haven't you Si?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #220 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 20:29:08 »

Not really. Just trying to liven the place up.

But BTTF is ace.
red macca

« Reply #221 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 20:44:12 »

I bet the blood donations still went ahead
TalkTalk

« Reply #222 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 20:46:45 »

Quote from: "red macca"
I bet the blood donations still went ahead

Yeah, but that is deffo more important. Seriously.

I give blood at the CG. Does anybody else out of interest?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 20:54:04 »

I dont like needles, but had two injections yesterday for health reasons and wonder if its just like that, how long dows the stinging thing last? Is it teh whole time the blood id being taken

TalkTalk

« Reply #224 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 21:05:51 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I dont like needles, but had two injections yesterday for health reasons and wonder if its just like that, how long dows the stinging thing last? Is it teh whole time the blood id being taken

No...

It stings a bit when it is first put in (like your jabs) but then it's ok. You don't notice them taking it out.

In fact the "stick a needle in your thumb to check your haemoglobin levels" thing before you give hurts more as they use a preloaded plastic weapon to whack it in  :?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: