Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Catering deal  (Read 12310 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 19:37:04 »

Certainly does.

Although as Ardiles mentioned, 10 years does seem a long time and things could change dramatically in this period of time so lets hope throwing all our eggs into one big basket doesn't hinder us in the long term somehow.
Omelette in the basket . Now theres an idea.
Basket meals,has this been tried before ?
Could be onto a winner there.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 20:24:59 »

I'm hoping they are going to bring back the guy who used to go round the ground with his tank of hot tea, dispensed via a tap!!  REmember him Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 20:47:29 »

I'm hoping they are going to bring back the guy who used to go round the ground with his tank of hot tea, dispensed via a tap!!  REmember him Reg?

Last time I bought any food or drink in the CG....that was proper tea....hot and sweet, just the job on a freezing December afternoon....and if you trod on the inverted cardboard cup just right, it would make a most satisfactory bang.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 21:05:42 »

Omelette in the basket . Now theres an idea.
Basket meals,has this been tried before ?
Could be onto a winner there.

Basket meals used to be big back in the day (90s?)

Going off on a tangent re pub grub, was there a place called the cold harbour around blunsden hill area before? Was there a big garden with a crow's nest in it?  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 21:07:36 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 21:20:42 »

Going off on a tangent re pub grub, was there a place called the cold harbour around blunsden hill area before? Was there a big garden with a crow's nest in it?  Hmmm

The Cold Harbour is still there I think...used to have a bity of a kid's play area, not sure if it still does.

Chicken in the basket was a 60's thing....height of sophistication...closely followed by scampi.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 21:40:15 »

I remember basket meals being on the menu at The Sun Inn by Coate when I worked there about a decade ago. Sausage, scampi or chicken if I recall correctly.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 21:45:06 »

Chicken in the basket was a 60's thing....height of sophistication...closely followed by scampi.

I quite like basket meals, would be doable at the CG surely? Just takes a Deep fryer and some cardboard box-type things, for eco-ness surely?

I wanted to find the scene from the footy hooligans episode of Life on mars where Sam Tyler 'invents' chicken in a basket, but couldn't. Needless to say that's what I think of when I think of basket meals.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 21:48:36 »

Chips - every time I tried last season. And the season before that.

And before anyone starts, it's for the kids, not me. And yes I do feed them before we go, but they like having chips at half time as a treat. So bog off.

They're not missing anything Paul I can assure you.  The portions are pathetic and the chips are generally verging on being cold.  And before anyone starts, I only know because I nick a few when I treat my son  Smiley
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 22:45:15 »

there seem to be a lot of secret chip eaters in this thread  Hmmm

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:06:51 »

there seem to be a lot of secret chip eaters in this thread  Hmmm

I understand there are also aspiring chip eaters should the supply become available.  Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:30:25 »

Is the chippy by the ground that advertises Sausage and chips for £2 any good?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:31:39 »

They're not missing anything Paul I can assure you.  The portions are pathetic and the chips are generally verging on being cold.  And before anyone starts, I only know because I nick a few when I treat my son  Smiley

"Treat" him you say?  Expect a visit from the NSPCC.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:32:50 »

Is the chippy by the ground that advertises Sausage and chips for £2 any good?

Yes, but the service is painfully slow!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:36:32 »

Yes, but the service is painfully slow!

There is always a queue outside that place on matchday when we go past, must do a Rooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring trade.

Freddies Ferret

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:40:27 »

The Frying Fish is the best chipie in Swindon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: