Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have the board finally put a nail in there coffin?  (Read 8278 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 11:03:21 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Actually the Trust could step in and help - reminding him of the RAF being available, every little helps as our supermarket gods advise us.

Paul Wardell sent Martyn Starnes an email last week reminding him of precisely that and we are told that Paul Sturrock has been informed of this.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 11:07:21 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

Yes Exactly we have all done the sums 3 million into the club over the last year and a half and yet were still running at the same loss .

Sorry to be picky, but we don't know what the true losses for the last two seasona are as the accounts aren't out (last seasons aren't due).

I'd be pretty pissed off that if during our relagation season we lost the same amount as the latest accounts indicate (the year before relagation)!
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 11:24:11 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Yes Exactly we have all done the sums 3 million into the club over the last year and a half and yet were still running at the same loss .

Sorry to be picky, but we don't know what the true losses for the last two seasona are as the accounts aren't out (last seasons aren't due).

I'd be pretty pissed off that if during our relagation season we lost the same amount as the latest accounts indicate (the year before relagation)!

I know we have no official line that we made the same loss due to lack of accounts but I am pretty sure I have read at some point someone saying we were running at the same loss this year (can anyone help me out Rob T, Si Pi) could just be imagining it though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:09:06 »

in one of the meetings they held with fans they told us they expected another year of about £750k losses, much as it had been for the previousd year (which would be the one not yet finalised).  We have also been told Power's money went to pay bills etc that were due, which is a hefty wad of bills if true.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:19:59 »

Im not on teh wind up but 80k isnt the greatest wage to run a company with 30+ employees

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:28:42 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Im not on teh wind up but 80k isnt the greatest wage to run a company with 30+ employees

Rich cunt you are!

£80k a year is a fucking good wage!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:28:44 »

I dunno, with only £3m turnover I'd say that's more than fair, especially when the company in question also employs a Chief Exec and an active Chairman.

Between them at that rate we'd be spending 1/10th the company revenue on people supposed to be running the show.

You can get some FD and CE roles in the Times advertising between 50k and 100k for pretty big private companies.  Granted they probably get decent bonuses, but it's not like our gang could claim any even if they were added on.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:32:39 »

Interestingly Director's Emoluments only around the £40k region for 2004 and 2005
mattboyslim

« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:33:59 »

Suffice to day football clubs also don't really fit conventioanl company models.  Based on financial success surely Mike D would be fired long ago, forgetting obviously that he doesn't actually work for the club, merely as an advisor to the main shareholder.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:48:23 »

Yes but overall gain is far greater when you use your own company to provide marketing etc for the club.  So even though you think £80k isn't much when you add in Dunwoody's costs they do pretty well out of the club.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:52:20 »

Yeah I agree, and its a conflict of interest.  Totally agree with that.

What I am saying is tho if he is running the show then thats a fair wage

Piemonte

« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:52:41 »

Yes but overall gain is far greater when you use your own company to provide marketing etc for the club.  So even though you think £80k isn't much when you add in Dunwoody's costs they do pretty well out of the club.

Dunwoody's accounts suggest they are far from profitable
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 12:59:44 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

With his track record in business that doesn't surprise me although it still has no bearing on how much is coming out of the club going to Dunwoody or him directly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 13:40:36 »

And? So because he can't run one company (well actually three or four thanks to the habit of continually re-inventing the same company while the other incarnations are in administration/CVAs etc) profitably, we should let him supplement that from the club?
Piemonte

« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 13:51:47 »

Quote from: "pauld"

And? So because he can't run one company (well actually three or four thanks to the habit of continually re-inventing the same company while the other incarnations are in administration/CVAs etc) profitably, we should let him supplement that from the club?

And where the fuck did I say that?

I mentioned that because I still find the myth of huge ammounts of cash disappearing from STFC to Newbury hard to believe, especially with absolutley no evidence. Show me some and i'll believe it.

Even if money is heading in that direction it certainly dosnt seem to be having much of a positive effect on Dunwoody, DSM or whatever the fuck they call themselves at this point in time. Thats my point. So if you could wind your neck in a bit it would be nice
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: