Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193395 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 13:21:13 »

We are currently heading what way? with the size of the town and looking at clubs that have had a few seasons above league 1 is 6th 8th & 4th so good? We've strenghtend the clubs around us with our cheap selling and have let a championship side of players leave the club for peanuts. Yeah I know we got a few quid from QPR but where did that go? We don't have a signed up first team squad, just cheap option kids and loans. Its no good harping on about previous seasons when the best we can hope for now is to avoid the drop (which is going to be a massive task to achieve) Do you think we'll be getting a big name manager to save us? Because if we do I'll be amazed and I will happily nosh my own cock off as a humble pie exercise.

Well for a start the money has mostly gone towards that training center you seem to be worried about...

The best we can hope for is not avoiding relegation, we're not in a position that represents our first team qualities, we'll be away from relegation soon enough, I'm very confident of that.  As for past seasons, I only replied to your comments about them which have been anything but 'downhill'.  

Last season we were made up of cheap option kids and loans but were 90 mins away from promotion.  Had Wes Thomas not gotten injured you'd not have been moaning about the manner in which we secured his services, he'd have scored 7 or 8 goals by now other injuries permitting and we'd be nowhere near 23rd position.

The size of town makes little difference and since Power has been at the club we haven't sold anyone on the cheap at all.

Getting a big name manager isn't on our agenda at all and it shouldn't be with our setup so you'll have to save your humble pie for when small name manager helps us to a mid-table finish.  Yes, a mid-table finish this season would be a success given our current position and we can look at moving forward again next season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 13:21:56 »

According to fanzai the wigan game is still 0-0 and gladwin has just shot over. Not been updated since!

I'll take that!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 13:49:40 »

We are currently heading what way? with the size of the town and looking at clubs that have had a few seasons above league 1 is 6th 8th & 4th so good? We've strenghtend the clubs around us with our cheap selling and have let a championship side of players leave the club for peanuts. Yeah I know we got a few quid from QPR but where did that go? We don't have a signed up first team squad, just cheap option kids and loans. Its no good harping on about previous seasons when the best we can hope for now is to avoid the drop (which is going to be a massive task to achieve) Do you think we'll be getting a big name manager to save us? Because if we do I'll be amazed and I will happily nosh my own cock off as a humble pie exercise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:16:34 »

In fairness all we can say in any certainty is "so far so good", well not this season obviously, but in general. Power could be anywhere between best thing and worst thing for this club.

We don't need a big name manager. From what has been said by Power in the phone in(s) it would be a waste anyway and probably a recipe for disaster when the inevitable showdown over control of the team comes about  - can't see a "big name" being happy to 'yes' it out.  Can't see us changing out model.
Panda Paws

« Reply #709 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:33:41 »

Has this been pointed out before.....

http://www.fccfootballtrials.co.uk/#!staff/cqmv

Ling and Embleton work together...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:38:20 »

Has this been pointed out before.....

http://www.fccfootballtrials.co.uk/#!staff/cqmv

Ling and Embleton work together...

Cliff has got mental hair!
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:40:43 »

Q...   Who was Sherwoods no 2 whilst at Villa? Just adding everything up and trying to make 10?!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:41:38 »

Ling as manager, Williams as attacking coach, Embleton as defensive coach. Doesn't actually sound too bad
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:52:34 »

Q...   Who was Sherwoods no 2 whilst at Villa? Just adding everything up and trying to make 10?!

Kevin mcdonald
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:53:31 »

Q...   Who was Sherwoods no 2 whilst at Villa? Just adding everything up and trying to make 10?!

It was Kevin MacDonald I believe, already been there and done that!
Skinny Pete

« Reply #715 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 14:58:27 »

He complains that we sell players for peanuts, and then asks where the money's gone.

Special.
Fuck the money, I want to know where the peanuts have gone
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #716 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 15:12:12 »

This forum must be the only information exchange on the planet that actually gets stupider the more users join.
Flashheart

« Reply #717 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 15:14:33 »

Press conference tomorrow at 10 AM. I wonder what it could be about?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 15:14:42 »

Presser at 10am tomorrow
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Monday, November 2, 2015, 15:15:20 »

If its anything like fanzai it'll be discussing our valiant performance against man united in 1994.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: