Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18443 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 12:01:37 »

Firstly all credit to the ground staff led by ‘Marvin’ Cassidy for getting the game on, although I’m not sure Wednesday would agree.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and possibly a draw would have been the fair result, but how many times have we come away with nothing when we’ve deserved more?

Caddis probably had the best game I’ve seen him play, although he does have a tendency to go missing at times, which is a slight worry.  The same can also be said of Rose and we were left exposed numerous times down the left.  Morrison was fairly poor in the first half, but got better as the game went on and won most of the headers in the second half.  His inconsistency is a  concern though and it doesn’t seem to be improving the more game time he gets.  I thought Cuthbert looked really strong yesterday.

Good to see JPM heavily involved and far ore comfortable in the role he was playing.  Dougie was superb.  Charlie, what can you say really?  Never fails to give 100%, superb goal and on another day could have had a hat trick.  I hope to god we can hang on to him in January.

The problem with him is that he doesn't do himself any favours by not bothering to challenge for the ball too often. Bearing in mind his physical size he is too easily knocked off the ball, and should be giving defenders a much more difficult time.

Say what you want about Clinton Morrison (and yes, he is a cunt but not in a good way Smiley  ) but he gave our centre-halves a tough time all game. Whereas you get the feeling that unless Vince is 100% convinced he's going to win the ball, he just doesn't bother.

I totally agree with this.  I actually thought he was okay in the first half, but he gets to a certain point in the game and seems to completely lose interest.  At this point Wilson should be bringing him off, not leaving him on for a further 25 minutes while a large proportion of the crowd get on his back.  I have to be honest, I’m not his biggest fan, I’ve really tried to come round to the Pro Pericard way of thinking, but I can’t.  He’s too lazy and doesn’t give enough to the team imo.  However, I don’t agree with the cheering and booing him off when he was substituted, it’s not nice to hear that happening to one of your own players.

It's amazing how yet again we can come away with 3 points against one of the top sides, but struggle against the lower teams..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 12:30:50 »

Who's better-Prutton or Ferry?

I think the answer is it depends. I like Ferry's hustle and bustle approach but an on form Prutton adds to telling passing. Both have a good engine.

I think Ferry has been a little under utilised so far but I have no doubt his day will come.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 12:34:35 »

I realised yesterday just how much ground prutton covers, he's everywhere!

Things get better but they never get good
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 14:14:05 »

I realised yesterday just how much ground prutton covers, he's everywhere!

Completely agree Dave - a superb centre mid partnership with Dougie
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 14:22:56 »

A duo of Gypo's... ace!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 17:00:48 »

Was one of thoses games yesterday that could of gone either way and being honest if we had gone away and played like wednesday and got nothing i would of been dissapointed not to get a result.

Some good preformances from Caddis Austin but more importantly McGovern,i hope thats the kick start we need for him to carry on like last year.

Having two players out wide has a much better balance about it and allows Douglas to do what he does best which is break up play and spread it out wide.

Must also say fair play to wednesday fans turning up as it was a fucking nightmare for them getting out of sheffield.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 17:10:23 »

Was one of thoses games yesterday that could of gone either way and being honest if we had gone away and played like wednesday and got nothing i would of been dissapointed not to get a result.

Some good preformances from Caddis Austin but more importantly McGovern,i hope thats the kick start we need for him to carry on like last year.

Having two players out wide has a much better balance about it and allows Douglas to do what he does best which is break up play and spread it out wide.

Must also say fair play to wednesday fans turning up as it was a fucking nightmare for them getting out of sheffield.

A piece of piss once they reached Leicester though, so not that bad. Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Coca Fola

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 18:01:16 »

This thread is only 13 pages long because we won, but if we'd have lost it would be more like 30.  Hmmm
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 18:04:04 »

Well done on spotting what has been known for years.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 19:32:04 »

I would have thuoght they would have been bloody delighted to get out of Sheffield. More of a dream than a nightmare.
Coca Fola

« Reply #190 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 19:49:20 »

Well done on spotting what has been known for years.
Wink
nochee

« Reply #191 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 21:31:37 »

Just seen the highlights and i cant believe nobody has mentioned (unless i missed it, then apologies) the ball from McGovern to set up Charlies goal. A beautifully weighted ball over the top of the defence from JP. It was a sealed deal when it fell for Austin.

I miss the County Ground Sad
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, December 5, 2010, 22:53:55 »

A game which could of gone either way but ended up a monster result for us.

Still look dodgy at the back and maybe a fully fit Frampton needs to be given another chance.

Dougie was great but still cannot see the point in Prutton keeping his place, runs around alot and gives the ball away alot......Ferry must be pissed off on the bench with him keeping him out the side!

Austin was class, a real poacher and that was a fucking awesome strike.

Poor Old Vince....battered them with his weight and held the ball up well but too predictable and went to ground too easy in the second half.  I just dont think its going to happen now.

Onwards to Oldham....looks like im going!!

Clems Army!
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, December 6, 2010, 09:14:35 »

At the end of the day it was a good win against a good team, Charlie's goal was class, also i wanted to help this thread move to 14 pages
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, December 6, 2010, 09:16:34 »

i wanted to help this thread move to 14 pages
Fail
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: