Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18551 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 18:22:57 »

Played a shit ball to Austin who was in a good position

If that's the one on the halfway line, then if Pericard had passed it first time Austin would have been offside by a couple of yards. Then the ball got stuck under his foot, maybe due to the pitch. Shit happens and all that.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 18:24:58 »

But the whole league has a game in hand on us!

I believe that is a mathematical impossibility and in any case Sheffield Wednesday don't.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 18:30:10 »

Ha yeah... you got me.

GAH! It just made me so angry! I dunno if you can tell.

Yeah, I did somehow manage to pick up on that. It's like a sixth sense Hmmm

Fair does though, it's pretty cuntish behaviour.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 19:31:21 »

Sheffield Wednesday manager Alan Irvine told BBC Radio Sheffield:
"I think everyone would agree that we were the better team for long periods of the game.

"We created chances, we hit the woodwork, had a goal disallowed and a penalty denied. A lot of things we can be unhappy about. "

So you'd of rather of had a penalty than the goal you scored just after it then, Alan? And no, you weren't the better team. Draw would have been the fair result.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 19:39:05 »

They wanted the penalty and the red card.

Blame Clinton Morrison for playing to the bloomin' whistle!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:01:30 »

Just got in,been on a driving course today,was convinced today's match was off......not read any threads so how was it.
Had one mate say Caddis played really well...and Austins goal was pure class.
Gutted i missed it...but feel so happy at the win.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:06:54 »

Just thinking with us being the only game playable coupled with the general excellence of the pitch, would be a travesty if the Groundstaff don't win an award this season.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:09:12 »

Tonga Power

/
W56196272
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:09:13 »

I went with an Owls supporting mate today, we both thought perhaps a draw wouldve been a fair result.

He thought Smith should have walked rather than getting a yellow card. I asked him why, and he said because he was the last man. I then mentioned that you had to be the last man and deny a clear goalscoring opportunity, and he didnt do that because you scored..... he had no answer to that... ha ha, god bless that referee!

Good game all round, well done the Town.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:11:45 »

Just got in,been on a driving course today,was convinced today's match was off......not read any threads so how was it.
http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,41877.0.html
Leroys mate

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:16:48 »

That kid. I love him.
Oh Charlie Austin you are the love of my life, oh Charlie Austin, i love you more than my wife!!
lalalalalala
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:16:59 »

Clinton Morison really is one of the biggest premadonna cunts in football!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:19:25 »

Thought you were getting out by 2.30? What went wrong? Bloody good job I didn't come up
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:24:48 »

I went with an Owls supporting mate today, we both thought perhaps a draw wouldve been a fair result.
You can say that though about any game where's there only one goal in it. On other occasions this season we've been on the wrong end of results like this. Today we were on the right end. Thank fuck. And bollocks to Alan Irvine. Knob. One of the many things I like about Danny Wilson is that he's not totally fucking deluded.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:35:57 »

You can say that though about any game where's there only one goal in it. On other occasions this season we've been on the wrong end of results like this. Today we were on the right end. Thank fuck. And bollocks to Alan Irvine. Knob. One of the many things I like about Danny Wilson is that he's not totally fucking deluded.
The stats suggest it was a very even game. Yes, Wednesday had spells where they were on top, but there were also plenty of periods where we were pegging them back and just couldn't quite break them down. I wasn't at the game, but even listening on the radio gives you a fairly good impression of who is on top, and it seemed to me like a game that ebbed and flowed with each team taking the initiative at different points.
Saying they had a penalty turned down is a bot knobish too seeing as they scored about 3 seconds after the foul.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: