Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43290 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:08:45 »

I'd say it was largely two teams not wanting to lose the game rather than two teams trying to win it. We did get better as the game went on and looked by far the most likely, but never really create much.
------
Just remembered, Wilson said the Flint deal isn't actually quite finalised yet - he ain't registered with us, but he has been training with us. Seems a couple of points to iron out with between the Chairman.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:10:55 »

whereas our chairman is in the states the turd
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:11:10 »

Just remembered, Wilson said the Flint deal isn't actually quite finalised yet - he ain't registered with us, but he has been training with us. Seems a couple of points to iron out with between the Chairman.
Jesus Wept. We can't even sign a non-league centre half, we've got fucking no chance of replacing Charlie
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:15:43 »

0-0 versus a tiresome bunch of long ball luddites who are definitely in the worst six sides in this mediocre division.
I think we were just as bad, seemed to play it too long most of the time.  AOB was looking good on the wing but went missing time and time again - and he was only for the last 20 minutes.  His pace frightens defenders, he should stay on the left wing and get into the box, not wander inside.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:17:58 »

perhaps we should put alan o brien up front he has got pace, playing football is getting us nowhere at the moment, lets play the old fashonied way of long ball hit and hope.
we might get a result

Huh? That is the way we are playing at the moment and it doesn't work for us! We get bullied by physical sides and have no countermeasure, when we do get the ball on the floor there are glimpses (very small ones  Smiley) that we can outpass teams and create chances.

There have been a lot of comments on the radio that this was a much improved performance over the last few games,  Hmmm maybe, but I think Tranmere being equally as poor might have had something to do with that.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:18:33 »

I honestly think alot of us have been fooled into thinking that was a good performance because of what we have seen recently. Be interesting to see the actual stats on that game because i think they had there fair amount of chances aswell and apart from the pen i can't remember the keeper making a save.

Anyone who thinks we should of mullered them needs there head checking.As for life after charlie we are fucked because say what you like he basically created his own chances tonight.

He had three or four chances Dean.....should have scored the penalty.
Not saying we should have mullered them.....but the defence take shit when we play bad...........the attack should have won us the game tonight.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:20:21 »

I honestly think alot of us have been fooled into thinking that was a good performance because of what we have seen recently. Be interesting to see the actual stats on that game because i think they had there fair amount of chances aswell and apart from the pen i can't remember the keeper making a save.

Anyone who thinks we should of mullered them needs there head checking.As for life after charlie we are fucked because say what you like he basically created his own chances tonight.

I didn't say it was a good performance.

We should have mullered them as they are really really shit and we had a huge amount of the second half in control of the ball attacking.

Anyway

Here's the stats according to the bbc

Possession
Swindon55% Tranmere45%

Attempts on target
Swindon3 Tranmere3

Attempts off target
Swindon9 Tranmere5

Corners
Swindon6 Tranmere5

Fouls
Swindon8 Tranmere9

Never knowingly overstated.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:22:41 »

Thing is lee he created those chances bar the penalty there was not one clear cut chance. Agree about about the defence that was the one positive tonight i just looked at the stats we had the same amount on target as them and only 3 more off target and hardly any more posssesion.

I really don't think we were  much better than them as some are saying.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:24:44 »

They come for the point...were well organised.
Whats happened to Ritchie............he was dire.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:28:47 »

Much better than I was expecting and if we'd have anything like a break in the 2nd half we would have won it.  Some totally random thoughts - Crowd were very quiet to start with but got into it about 5 minutes before the penalty.  Charlie missing ensured it stayed flat as a pancake until half time but I thought we got behind the lads in the 2nd half.  We definately upped the pace and there were a couple of build ups that were pretty slick although ended in sod all or really shit balls into the box.  Defensively we were better but still had our moments with Phil Smith not anticipating a Cuthbert back header which ended with a Tranmere corner and Phil having a pop at Cuthbert. Good to see Frampton directing things at the back and hopefully he'll stay fit.   Charlie didn't seem at the races in the first half but had a fairly large Tranmerian lump stood on him for most of the match.  Halfway through the second half he was back to his usual self winning headers and getting into decent shooting positions.  It was a bit sad noone sang "Charlie Charlie Austin" when he hit the bar but I guess that's what putting in a transfer request gets you.  He still is the only striker we have that has any poise and awareness and we will struggle like shit if he goes.  Dossevi put in a great shift but is too easily shoved off the ball.  He had a couple of great chances but never looked like converting them.  Alan O Brien needs to be told to stay glued to the touchline because he made a difference when he skinned their left back.  Anywhere else on the pitch he's a bloody useless liability with no football brain - he shot when he should have crossed, crossed when he should have shot and towards the end was fannying around in the inside left channel when Douglas and Sheehan were looking for the pass out wide. Timlin was a worthy MoM as he got stuck in and didn't give the ball away as much as the rest of them.  Douglas - mostly passed backwards or sideways and only sprang to life in the last 20 minutes.  Still can't shoot sadly.  Big Kev was OK going forward but very ropey in defence as Jennings seemed to play most of the game unmarked.  That said he did a brilliant block from a Jennings attempt in the first half.  Lecs was fine although gave me the shits with some fancy dan passing across our penalty area at times.  Ritchie was OK and JPM the same but you'd want a a lot more from these players.  Tranmere had definately come for the point and were lucky the ref didn't think desperate sliding lunges worthy of bookings, or they would have ended with 9 men on the pitch.  At the end of it, I'm feeling more positive about Exeter and hope if it has to be Charlie's last game, he goes out in style with a hat trick.  I think tonight's game shows he needs to stay with us until the summer.COYR
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:45:37 »

just back from game - not much to add to whats been said except I thought Lecs played a brilliant game and looked disappointed to be taken off - Sheehan never really got into it.

Manks looked rusty but good to see him back - i think he's better than Caddis. More active and commited going forward, even though he never quite got it under control tonight

Dossevi will, I am sure, one day disappear up his own arse with his constant 360 degree turning - he is obviously a good player at some level but looks still totally out of his depth trying to cope with the long ball shit we hit to him when he is man marked by a bloke twice as big as him - but his effort cannot be faulted and with better service he will shine some time.

One day I will see O Brien actually find a team mate with a cross. But I fear I may be old and grey by the time he does. His pace is staggering but his inability to deliver a decent final ball must be whats kept him at this level. he just seems to hit crosses without ever looking up - maybe at that speed there is no point in looking up as everything is a blur.

Interesting to see Charlie applauding crowd in all four corners on his way off, and as he disappeared down the tunnel he made eye contact with a lot of people in Arkells enclosure and waved a wave that definitely said "bye bye"

another interesting aside was at half time - their subs came out and went through pre-arranged drills passing and sprinting, whereas ours, led by Ferry, just seemed content to try to hit the pitch announcer on the back of the head and giggle like kids
. Also WIll Evans conducted the whole half time warm up with his hands in his pockets......... OK he knows its unlikely he will get on anytime soon but the difference between our subs and theirs was noticebale

Panda Paws

« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:51:50 »

Like most things STFC and TEF, the reaction is extreme one way or the other. I'm firmly in the DRS camp - that was shit, just slightly less shit than last week.

And for all the love the defence are getting, they were denied a stonewall penalty and created just as many clear cut chances we did.

Their fans should be far happier than ours tonight.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 23:56:47 »

Jesus Wept. We can't even sign a non-league centre half, we've got fucking no chance of replacing Charlie

Buying a non-league defender is a bit like buying a house...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 00:28:09 »

just back from game - not much to add to whats been said except I thought Lecs played a brilliant game and looked disappointed to be taken off - Sheehan never really got into it.

Manks looked rusty but good to see him back - i think he's better than Caddis. More active and commited going forward, even though he never quite got it under control tonight

Dossevi will, I am sure, one day disappear up his own arse with his constant 360 degree turning - he is obviously a good player at some level but looks still totally out of his depth trying to cope with the long ball shit we hit to him when he is man marked by a bloke twice as big as him - but his effort cannot be faulted and with better service he will shine some time.

One day I will see O Brien actually find a team mate with a cross. But I fear I may be old and grey by the time he does. His pace is staggering but his inability to deliver a decent final ball must be whats kept him at this level. he just seems to hit crosses without ever looking up - maybe at that speed there is no point in looking up as everything is a blur.

Interesting to see Charlie applauding crowd in all four corners on his way off, and as he disappeared down the tunnel he made eye contact with a lot of people in Arkells enclosure and waved a wave that definitely said "bye bye"

another interesting aside was at half time - their subs came out and went through pre-arranged drills passing and sprinting, whereas ours, led by Ferry, just seemed content to try to hit the pitch announcer on the back of the head and giggle like kids
. Also WIll Evans conducted the whole half time warm up with his hands in his pockets......... OK he knows its unlikely he will get on anytime soon but the difference between our subs and theirs was noticebale

I remember earlier in the season when Ferry was injured and not involved he was running along the front of the Arkells stand back and forth with what looked like 14/15 year olds. It looked like he was playing hide and seek or tig or something.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 00:29:59 by mrverve » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 06:20:48 »

Well that was certainly better, far from brilliant but far from awful.

I guess the main positive was the clean sheet and the effort from the players. They all put their shift in last night, even if the skill wasnt there.

I thought Frampton was good, as was Timlin and Dossevi impressed - his work rate was top notch and his play with his back to goal wasnt bad, shame he never looked threatening. It reminded me in a way of Lee Peacock, cant fault the work ethic even if the rest leaves alot to be desired.

LJF looked accomplished, dunno why he was taken off. Amankwaah looked like a guy who hasnt played first team football in mouth which is exactly what we was, some good bad.

Douglas passing was well off last night, Ritchie went missing. JPM hard work not alot else. Charlie meh, the effort was there, mind was else where, shit penalty.

O'Brien looked good when he came on. I think the main reason is the fact we actually seemed to play the ball infront of him. Play to his bloody strengths its not rocket science. Previous when he's played with Rose behind him all Rose did was knock it into his feet, which is pretty pointless.

It was better. The people texting in after the game were embarrassing though. Alot of 'guess that will shut the boo boys up' and 'hope that proves the wilson doubters wrong' hang about we just drew 0-0 with fucking Tranmere - thats still not good enough is it? even with the better display 1 point from Yeovil, Rovers and Tranmere isnt good enough. A 0-0 fucking draw with Tranmere is nothing for the happy clappers to take the moral high ground with.

Even a win on saturday and a points return of 4 from Yeovil, Rovers, Tranmere and Exeter isnt good enough.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: