Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42993 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 11:09:16 »

About twice?......but how many times did he get in the box and create..a lot more than any other player.....you choose to look at the negative in him.......he played well last night.
I get your point but dont think it matters ware he runs....wide or infield....as long as he gets in the box.

So which part of AOB did well when he came on did you not understand?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 11:11:22 »

Some of the spelling leaves a lot to be desired

Had a bit of a spur of the moment thing going on. Caught up with leefer and Boo in the Town End eventually. First half a bit shit, but improved in the 2nd. Some nice play going on at the back and a clean sheet, so an improvement in that. LJF had a good game, disappointed he went off. AoB did reasonably well when he came on, if only he could dig out some decent crosses
We should have won the game, but when your luck's out...................
Woah woah woah. What did you just say about AOB?!!?! Shame on you.

I think LJF was injured wasn't he? But yeah he had a great game back at LB. I remember seeing him going over to the bench during when stoppage and then shortly after he was subbed off.

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 11:36:39 »

if people who want wilson out are cretins-idiots-mongs etc,what are people who want him to stay?
i'm starting to think the longer he stays, the bigger our chances of relegation.
now i dont really want a change of manager for the sake of it,but i'm not seeing signs of wilson turning it around.
we should just about stay up,but then again i wouldn't be surprised if we were relegated.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 11:47:59 »

for me, its not about WANTING him to stay-its about accepting the fact that he is going to be here until the end of the season whether we like it or not. 
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 12:06:47 »

Don't know what everyone's moaning about. Fitton said he'd get us out of this Division in 3 years
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 12:07:43 »

for me, its not about WANTING him to stay-its about accepting the fact that he is going to be here until the end of the season whether we like it or not. 

This is pretty much how I feel.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 13:29:04 »

Don't know what everyone's moaning about. Fitton said he'd get us out of this Division in 3 years

Stupid us, eh? We all thought he meant upwards  Doh
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 14:48:02 »

What does that even mean?!

What do you think it means?

It clearly means I saw a pink elephant in the stand watching and he was waving to a blue moose who happened to have the same glasses as sonic youth wears.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 14:59:20 »

He put the effort in but was only half hearted? Thats what I got out of your sentence, hence the confusion

Things get better but they never get good
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 15:04:12 »

The clean sheet is a start. Even though we should be beating teams like tranmere at home and as ppl have said 1 point from brizzle yeovil and tranmere is dire but a win against exeter turns into 4 from 6 points which is more than i would of expected us to get in our current form.

Dw is a very lucky man to still have his job and last night result even though not the right one was still more than we've got from them in the last 2 games.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 15:41:08 »

Agree with the general consensus about last night performance being a clear improvement.

When confidence is so low we were never going to come out and issue out a 3 or 4 goal spanking.  Its about small steps when the situation is so fragile, last night was an improvement and on Saturday if we see the same increase on tonight’s performance then I’m confident we can win.

I actually thought we got some lucky breaks last night.  The penalty decision (not even close to be a penalty so I guess justice was done) and the Tranmere shot which hit the post and thankfully the rebound was kind for us.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 17:58:23 »

So which part of AOB did well when he came on did you not understand?

Fuck me your worse than he is....getting yourself all tied up Cheesy

Not said you were having a go;just wondering why you feel him cutting inside now and again is so wrong?........was just explaining facts....fact is you get very touchy bunny Grin

adje

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 17:58:51 »

I'll just add my thoughts.That was my first game since Charlton and the obvious lack of confidence in some players was truly shocking.Im soory to say that Cuthbert looks completely shot to pieces.Frampton was the pick of the back four and,dare I say,looked something like the nearest we've had to a Greer-like leader if he can stay fit.LJF had a half decent game,Timlin was a deserved MOTM who I thought showed what Prutton seems to lack-motivation,determination and passion.Austin looked half-arsed to me and everyone else apart from Smithy was awful.Worst game I've seen Douglas have,he also seemed to be one of the worst sufferers of a lack of confidence.By the way,how shit were Sheehan's free kicks?OB's was an entertaining cameo but not having seen Yeovil,Oldham or Rovers,the decline in performance was worrying.Tranmere were terrible but having beaten Soton on saturday,they must have something about them.Cheating little prick 21(was it Jennings?)who was laying prostrate in the 6 yard box pretending to be injured then sprang to life when the ball arrived was a diving little shit.However it seemed like 2 dropped rather than 1 gained although maybe some green shoots of recovery?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
stfcinbmth

« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 18:01:25 »

although maybe some green shoots of recovery?

Just a few tho

AoB is my new favourite player
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 18:04:11 »

if people who want wilson out are cretins-idiots-mongs etc,what are people who want him to stay?

Sensible realists....very few managers, are always successful, look at the examples. Just a couple off the top of the head...Ancelotti, double last season, flying start this, then it all goes pear shaped. Why?

Look at the fella down the road....they've twice had completely shit spells when their mongs have called for his head, but he's been allowed to manage, and they're in their highest spot for years.

Quite simply Wilson because of his previous work has earned the opportunity to sort this window, he's lost a centre half but brought in Flint, he will lose Austin but deserves the chance to bring in a couple of players with some of the funds. If at the end of the season, which is relatively close, we see no progress or get relegated he should not be given a new contract. Then a new man or woman can be brought in.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: