Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42154 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:51:47 »

I feared losing this one due to our Oxford experiences this season.

For me, Swindon have won plenty of important games this season but have arguably lost all of our BIG games (Oxford and Wembley). It's my logic and it's purely based on what I believe the difference between big and important is!

Indeed, and that's what worries me about winning the league - we'll bugger it up at the last minute.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:56:57 »

I thought of you yesterday and your expensive trip.

It could have been different and it could be a decade or more before we are next there (god forbid its this season!). You made the right choice.

how sweet to think of me :-)
Yeah was the right decision, I've spend the majority of my life travelling around watching Swindon - the results in the end become by-the-by.

Win, lose or draw I love my team forever & ever.
Well worth the trip. I want to come back for some more games even more than ever now!

I come from a land down-under
adje

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:40:33 »

Having just seen the highlights, Westcarr should never have been on the pitch at the end. Disgraceful behaviour.

Where are those highlights R4E?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #318 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:45:07 »

Not interested in the highlights, I'm still sulking. I don't mind losing but I do mind the way we played. A win Saturday will put things right but I'm still angry with some of those players. 
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:49:57 »

Where are those highlights R4E?

Football League programme on the BBC iPlayer - 40 mins highlights. Just make sure you switch off before Steve Claridge comes on at the end. If there's anyone with less aptitude as a pundit, I've yet to see them. Total wanker.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 17:50:27 »

Not interested in the highlights, I'm still sulking. I don't mind losing but I do mind the way we played. A win Saturday will put things right but I'm still angry with some of those players. 

Likewise.

Clearly players don't go out to lose. They do all they can not to let the occasion get to them. But sometimes it does regardless I suppose.

But its annoying as I didn't see anything about Chesterfield to make me think "fair enough, they are too good for us", almost the opposite in fact.

But they deserved it, no doubt about it.
sn5_red

« Reply #321 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:01:51 »

got to wembley park at 10ish. green man didnt live up to the hype personally, didnt seem as rocking as millwall... left a bit earlier for some food so may have picked up after. walked down the high road and jj moons seemed lively. the game itself was dissapointing. where i was sat atmosphere didnt really get going, mate in singing section (4 blocks away) said it was decent... didnt really carry to us much. left when the 2nd went in, no point watching others celebrate- performance didnt deserve a clap (nor a boo for that matter, so leaving was the best option IMO). back in swindon before 6 didnt really bother me too much about the result until this morning, felt terrible today knowing weve bottled our 3 cup finals(yellows forum style 'di canios words').
just hope we can see the league through now, couldnt handle another trip to wembley potentially against oxford.
on reflection it doesnt hurt as much as millwall.... i watched the highlights this morning, the PO finals still on my sky+ box but never been touched.

positives:
-30,000+ fans for the jpt just 2 years after a wembley trip, not many clubs would achieve that.
-di canios mistakes yesterday may be a god send- on the big stage he showed hes not the perfect manager yet (he will be) and hopefully this will put others (WHU) off an approach for him.
-some cracking games ahead, looking forward to the run in so long as we can keep our brilliant form going for another month...although in reality we only need  3 or 4 wins from 9.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:27:43 »

Fuck me! I've just watched the highlights of the assault on DeVera.
First he gets a flat hand slap in the face off Westcarr before the shirt pulling then he finishes it off with a right clenched fist punch to his face. No wonder he had a nose bleed. The comentators were quite shocked by the furosity of it.
Another set of shit officials, even on the big stage. God only knows how PDC managed to control himself.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:30:19 by Gerinthere » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:30:55 »

Fuck me! I've just watched the highlights of the assault on DeVera.
First he gets a flat hand slap in the face off Westcarr before the shirt pulling then he finishes it off with a right clenched fist punch to his face. No wonder he had a nose bleed. The comentators were quite shocked by the furosity of it.
Another set of shit officials, even on the big stage.

To be fair mate, it was well off the ball and you can understand why no officials saw it- I certainly didn't see anything until he went down. One of those things where a Premiership player would get three games on review for it, but there's not much you can do without seeing it.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:34:24 »

To be fair mate, it was well off the ball and you can understand why no officials saw it- I certainly didn't see anything until he went down. One of those things where a Premiership player would get three games on review for it, but there's not much you can do without seeing it.

Same here. I didn't see it at the time but watching on the highlights makes me cringe
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:41:33 »

I feared losing this one due to our Oxford experiences this season.

For me, Swindon have won plenty of important games this season but have arguably lost all of our BIG games (Oxford and Wembley). It's my logic and it's purely based on what I believe the difference between big and important is!

That may well be your thoughts, but my thoughts are totally different.

We DID win the big games, Crawley, Southend, Torquay home and Shrewsbury at home, when it mattered.  Oxford is only a big game for the fans, hardly one for a title decider.

The games we tend to lose, e.g. Oxford and yesterday, seem to be when we play physical teams.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:42:27 »

Absolutely seething with Connell for that overhead. He had  3 players to lay the ball off to.

It's those sorts of things that see him dropped imo.

It was fucking dreadfull decision he made, he had all the time in the word to bring it down as well but he saw his moment of glory and it cost us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:51:32 »

It was fucking dreadfull decision he made, he had all the time in the word to bring it down as well but he saw his moment of glory and it cost us.

Maybe he didn't know he had time. No denying it was a bad decision though.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:53:43 »

There was one before as well where he was on the edge of the box and he hit it out for a goal kick with the outside of his foot with 3 players in the box.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:00:51 »

Awareness is actually a skill i think, Benson for example has bundles of it
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: