Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Barrow AFC pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27479 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:53:19 »

I agree with Mooney and RobT here. Seems glaringly obvious and if we can see it then I wonder why Morris hasn’t seen it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:14:14 »

I agree with Mooney and RobT here. Seems glaringly obvious and if we can see it then I wonder why Morris hasn’t seen it.

Maybe he has seen it but as already mentioned, there could be other factors at play hampering any progress. Seems like it's a very toxic situation currently where some people are purely acting in self preservation mode and disinterested in making all the sums of the parts work in even an average type of way.

I think what this MDT is showing is that not many of us are interested in what really happens in tomorrow's match v Bradford Barrow, and that is a very sad indictment of STFC - the club I assume all of us love in some shape or form.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:22:00 »

It is very tempting to think that a right back who is good at attacking and bad at defending should be played higher up the pitch.

But the thing they are often best at is attacking from deep, where they have a bit more space and time.

It's fine to have Hutton at right back as long as you have a good defensive right centre half (McDonald..) and a left back who doesn't overcommit himself forward (FBT).
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:25:38 »

It is very tempting to think that a right back who is good at attacking and bad at defending should be played higher up the pitch.

But the thing they are often best at is attacking from deep, where they have a bit more space and time.

It's fine to have Hutton at right back as long as you have a good defensive right centre half (McDonald..) and a left back who doesn't overcommit himself forward (FBT).

I'm just thinking with my Nathan Byrne hat on. Admittedly Hutton is a Poundland version but it is worth a punt.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:41:02 »

What I'd give for a Miguel Comminges at RB right now. I'd also take a Rossi Branco at CB above anything currently here too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:50:06 »

What I'd give for a Miguel Comminges at RB right now. I'd also take a Rossi Branco at CB above anything currently here too.

I never got the Rossi Branco hate. He must have the greatest agent in football. Relegated to the EFL basement, secures transfer to Boavista. Outstanding work.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:02:24 »

Even Comminges got a pretty decent move to Cardiff from us at the time. Not bad for someone who played a bit in lower league France, came to Town after being scouted by Sturrock and a season later he was in the Championship with Cardiff for three years.

I could be wrong but with Cardiff he was only goal difference away from being in the POs to the Premier League. Meaning he could easily have been a Premier League player just yrs into his English Football career. As fickle as football is though he got injured and before long was making his way back down the leagues - still would have O6 Comminges in this side.

I thought he was a player that was going to be at Town for a while, in a similar way that I naively thought Paul Sturrock would be also

'Incessant Nonsense'

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:07:50 »

Hutton strikes me as the kind of player like Bale, Walcott, Deolefeo (?sp) and Leighton Baines who all seemed to benefit from being shifted further up the pitch.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:20:54 »

I never got the Rossi Branco hate. He must have the greatest agent in football. Relegated to the EFL basement, secures transfer to Boavista. Outstanding work.
Now playing in Polska apparently for Radomiak Radom...

His performance at the Slave Traders in 2015 was utterly sublime and a thing of beauty.

Just a shame we lost 3-0  Doh

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/12880052.town-yet-to-hear-from-fa-on-brancos-unacceptable-forearm/
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:25:57 »

I remember him putting in a tackle down in our own corner near the Stratton bank that was so robust it went out for a goal kick up by the Town End. Anything but powderpuff.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 16:44:39 »

My brother speaks to Sol Davis now and again. That’s a tackler/maimer!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 06:32:30 »

Would appear we’re now going to this dead rubber, with the proviso that if we are losing at half time then we’re off.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 07:13:20 »

An argument which would hold considerably more water if much of this dross had not formed the guts of a team who were 6th in the table before the lower league Guardiola took over.
On form and games in hand we were heading for exactly where we are now.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 08:17:04 »

All reasonable points but can we nail the myth that this season Reed was anything but hopeless?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 09:24:44 »

All reasonable points but can we nail the myth that this season Reed was anything but hopeless?

Gladwin was a much bigger loss on this season's form alone, and if you'd have told me that in June I'd have laughed at you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: