Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Barrow AFC pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26845 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:21:02 »

Easy to say now and I could be eating my words after the game but it wouldn’t surprise me if our back line (assuming Morris actually puts out a defence made up of defenders which isn’t a given) looks better because Morris’ hand has been forced a bit and his selection has been simplified.

We shall see…

It’s also quite telling that with a lot of defensive injuries we as fans aren’t sure whether he will replace those injured defenders in the team with defenders.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:22:10 »

What this injury does sadly say to me is that we shouldn't be making Tomlinson a perm. He's Jordan Lyden 2.0.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:22:14 »

Stand by for Darcy at CB

Nah, he’d never do that….

….stand by for Darcy at RWB and Hutton at CB.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:23:03 »

I have been donated a season ticket for the game, so will attend as my boy loves the day out.

If I use said ST in the shop are they quite strict?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:28:45 »

I thought Morris had said FBT was probably going to be ok?

Assuming that I guess the back four would be Hutton/Brewitt/Clayton/FBT
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:29:14 »

What this injury does sadly say to me is that we shouldn't be making Tomlinson a perm. He's Jordan Lyden 2.0.

Perhaps but I think the deal has already been agreed as part of the loan deal.

It’s an assumption and reading between the lines on my part but why would you sign someone on loan in January who was going to be injured till March. It’s a complete waste of a loan in general plus it was a loan for a position that wasn’t really a priority for us.

…that makes me think there has to be something more to the deal - there has to be something in for us to have taken on the player (and a % of his wages no doubt) when we knew full well he was going to be injured for almost half the loan spell and probably not match for right after that.

Considering he’s out of contract in June (right?) I’ve made the assumption as part of the loan we’ve agreed a small fee - so we’ve jumped the queue come summer to sign him plus avoiding a tribunal where they could pluck any sort of random compensation fee out their arse which probably screw over one of ourselves or Posh.

…but considering how the football operations have been run this season I’m not sure we’ve been organised or forward thinking enough for the above.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:30:36 »

Wasn’t that supposed to be the case for Jephcott as well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:32:31 »

I think they always said from the start with Jephcott that we have the option to make it permanent but we would have to exercise that option - rather than it being a done deal that has to happen.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:33:53 »

I'm sure Tomlinson did an interview where he said it was just an option too...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:34:30 »

I believe there was a fee in place for us to sign him in January, the fact we didn’t means he is a free agent in the summer.

I thought Tomlinson still had a year left on his deal at Peterborough, either that or we have to pay a fee because of his age
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:53:51 »

Happy to take a defeat if it meant the end of Morris.
Know what you mean.

I'm not quite there with Morris but, presuming he's still here next season, then this season's surrender will unhelpfully see fan pressure right on him (and the new team) from the get go.

I always support and cheer STFC during the game (with difficulty last Saturday).  But there have been times, at 0-1 with 5 minutes left, where a freak equaliser and 1pt would just muddy the waters.  I'm getting ready to demand the manager's head post match.

Once or twice, I have been pleased by a defeat.  I was able to stay behind and vent.  "We want Macca out!".  No regrets.
 But also "We want Kingy out" No

Sheridan was spared that treatment by Covid.  Righteous anger with no outlet.  Angry

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:54:11 »

Sadly i agree as nice as it would be to have a two footed full back who is a local lad on the books.

I think if you try and have a smaller squad with more quality next year then FBT is your first choice LB and you try and get a couple of CB's in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 15:04:30 »

I thought Morris had said FBT was probably going to be ok?

oh that's good. I just read what the adver put:

"Blake-Tracey has a slight problem with his toe, not sure if he makes Saturday"

edit: whereas just read total sport

" FBT has a problem with his toe, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem."

sorry
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 15:24:33 »

I suspect us playing him when he has been barely fit has probably not helped his injury status, I would be inclined to see how he is with a close season and pre-season in the tank.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 15:25:35 »

I suspect us playing him when he has been barely fit has probably not helped his injury status, I would be inclined to see how he is with a close season and pre-season in the tank.

A fair argument. Just don't want to go down the sicknote 'bargains' route.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: