Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where are you travelling from???  (Read 17695 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 16:51:22 »

There's a very tedious tendency among some of our more regular fans to have a pop at those who don't go as often.  I've never really understood why...but we had to listen to it ad nauseam in 1993 and, unfortunately, we're having to listen to it again now.

Why don't some people go as often?  Unless you know them personally, I wouldn't even try to guess.  Do they love the club as much as you do?  Maybe.  And is it any of your ****ing business anyway?  No.

Some of the 31,000 are going to be day trippers.  And many others - more than people appreciate - are dyed in the wool fans who can't make games as much as they would like but are making damned sure they're going to be there on Saturday, what ever it takes.  I'm one of them, I should know.
FFS, that's pretty much what I said. I'm really pleased there's loads of people going on Saturday whether they're regular hardcore home and away, intermittent CG attendees or never been before. Don't think it's me having a bad afternoon.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 18:35:53 »

I cant believe those guys from Norway dont come every week, bloody plastic day trippers.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #167 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 19:46:10 »

i,m glad the extra 23000 don,t come every week,a season ticket would,ve been more than £199 and parking would be a nightmare.Just imagine 17000 locked outside.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 19:48:41 »

What an inspiring thread this is.  That so many, spread so far, give a fuck.

Witney to Thame, 10:40 to Marylebone - then whatever.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 19:51:51 »

i,m glad the extra 23000 don,t come every week,a season ticket would,ve been more than £199 and parking would be a nightmare.Just imagine 17000 locked outside.
I'm glad too. 

They'd be all over the TEF and the grammar police already have enough trouble keeping up with the regulars.
Barry Scott

« Reply #170 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 20:04:59 »

I'm glad too. 

They'd be all over the TEF and the grammar police already have enough trouble keeping up with the regulars.

Very good. There's also the problem that we'd make a profit of course, not that H&S would allow 30,000 into The County Ground.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 20:18:25 »

Very good. There's also the problem that we'd make a profit of course, not that H&S would allow 30,000 into The County Ground.

Well, not now anyway Wink
One F In Fitton

« Reply #172 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 23:25:40 »

What an inspiring thread this is.  That so many, spread so far, give a fuck.Witney to Thame, 10:40 to Marylebone - then whatever.

Well bloody said, old pal - just what I was thinking. Leave some seats on that train you bastard - that may well be the one we're hopping on @ Wycombe.

Possibly the most depressed I've ever been about the nature of some of our support was at Southampton in the Cup, maybe about 15 years ago. It was the 1 time that they put us in the side bit. This amazing, juvenile, pathetic squabble broke out amongst a fair few around us (bottom tier), whereby they were shouting out how many years they've been going to games, how regularly they go, how many away games etc etc. I can't remember what triggered it off, but basically it was regulars having a pop at the day-trippers. I was staggered and dumbstruck at how incredibly pathetic and retarded it all was. We still joke about it - dunno if anyone on here remembers this?
« Last Edit: Friday, May 28, 2010, 02:24:18 by One F In Fitton » Logged
DMR

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 23:46:47 »

Show us your cunt

King
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 06:27:06 »

Today I will be mainly looking out the window to ensure it isn't

A. Too stormy to fly
B. Too ashy to fly.

A looks much the more likely. Will have the BA website open to make sure the flight over to Lux from Gatwick has arrived as expected!

Think its going to be a loooooooong day!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 06:40:53 »

Today I will be mainly looking out the window to ensure it isn't

A. Too stormy to fly
B. Too ashy to fly.

A looks much the more likely. Will have the BA website open to make sure the flight over to Lux from Gatwick has arrived as expected!

Think its going to be a loooooooong day!

Same here. I'm hoping that when the weatherman says "afternoon storms in the vicinity of the Alps," that it doesn't include Zurich.
dibby1010

« Reply #176 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 06:59:47 »

Do you work FOR Zurich, Zurich Red?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 08:33:06 »

Best of luck BO, ZR and anyone else flying in - hope you make it.
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 08:56:20 »

Do you work FOR Zurich, Zurich Red?

No, although I did do some auditing there in a previous life and still know a few people there. People who work for ZFS are about the only ones over here who have heard of Swindon.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 10:03:39 »

Right, thats me offline until Monday night.

Have a ball everyone!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: