Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Fc Vs Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread  (Read 52855 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 12:53:37 »

Yes,

Can't see me getting a ticket for City TBH, unless they go on sale on a Saturday/Sunday morning...

Don't you have internet during the week then ?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 12:55:30 »

Yes,

Can't see me getting a ticket for City TBH, unless they go on sale on a Saturday/Sunday morning...

Cheers Batch. No doubt Sky will pick Wolves v Leeds.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 13:48:22 »

Not having a game for a fortnight doesn't help...we've got momentum, but now are forced to just sit back and watch....so batten down the hatches and see if we can get through the rest of Jan intact.

I'm hopeful it might do us a favour when we come to play Sheff Utd.

They've got 3 games to contend with until we play them.
kerry red

« Reply #273 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 13:49:53 »

And the 2nd leg semi v Spurs after
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:45:00 »

First chance to post since Saturday - excellent 3 points again and good to see when scored when it mattered. I like the look of Swift and looks like he's settled in well. Nice to see a side come and have a go at us, so fair play to Chesterfield. A bit disappointed only 7900odd in attendance - surely we can do better than that being top of the league?!

Looking forward to Sheffield United in a couple of weeks, first visit and up on the train - they have a tough period, so hopefully we can take advantage of that come 31st Jan!

#VivaKenBarlow!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:54:27 »

Any news on Shaw Rosso? (I haven't been on much until yesterday)...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #276 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 16:45:35 »

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere but here is an interview with John Swift on the FA website.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/jan/john-swift-on-lampard-lessons-190115

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 17:38:45 »

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere but here is an interview with John Swift on the FA website.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/jan/john-swift-on-lampard-lessons-190115

'They play more football than I was used to'.....

Love it.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:09:48 »

First chance to post since Saturday - excellent 3 points again and good to see when scored when it mattered. I like the look of Swift and looks like he's settled in well. Nice to see a side come and have a go at us, so fair play to Chesterfield. A bit disappointed only 7900odd in attendance - surely we can do better than that being top of the league?!

Looking forward to Sheffield United in a couple of weeks, first visit and up on the train - they have a tough period, so hopefully we can take advantage of that come 31st Jan!
The interesting thing with Swift is that he plays, or at least he did on Saturday, further forward than any of our other midfielders. He was really hanging off the front two in a way that Luongo doesn't - he sits deeper.

If we manage to keep Luongo and Kasim, and everybody stays fit, what is the consensus for the middle 3 with Louis T, Gladwin, Luongo, Swift and Kasim to choose from? I cannot make my mind up. It's fantastic to have such competition for places and it could really be a case of choosing the right combination depending on the opposition.

I would imagine Swift will do better when the opposition play a 4 and there is space to move into between the lines, Louis is important for games where the opposition will try and keep the ball more than others.... Luongo, I think, is an automatic choice.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:14:14 »

The interesting thing with Swift is that he plays, or at least he did on Saturday, further forward than any of our other midfielders. He was really hanging off the front two in a way that Luongo doesn't - he sits deeper.

If we manage to keep Luongo and Kasim, and everybody stays fit, what is the consensus for the middle 3 with Louis T, Gladwin, Luongo, Swift and Kasim to choose from? I cannot make my mind up. It's fantastic to have such competition for places and it could really be a case of choosing the right combination depending on the opposition.

I would imagine Swift will do better when the opposition play a 4 and there is space to move into between the lines, Louis is important for games where the opposition will try and keep the ball more than others.... Luongo, I think, is an automatic choice.

In an idle moment, this potential conundrum came to my mind, but I dismissed it on the grounds that it will likely be solved by a sale, most likely Luongo.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:19:24 »

In an idle moment, this potential conundrum came to my mind, but I dismissed it on the grounds that it will likely be solved by a sale, most likely Luongo.
Glad to see you're feeling better Reg. You've been far too positive this season, I was starting to worry.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:39:04 »

Glad to see you're feeling better Reg. You've been far too positive this season, I was starting to worry.

Whilst it would be very nice to enter into the home straight with a full complement of midfielders, and I'd throw Anton Rodgers in here, to make it 6 to pick from, it does show we could lose prob Mass, gain some lucre, and still be at least competitive.

Hopefully, we'll have the full complement as 27 games will have been played out over the preceding 5.5 months, leaving 19 to be played in 3 months.....a packed program.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 19, 2015, 18:41:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 19:37:11 »

Whilst it would be very nice to enter into the home straight with a full complement of midfielders, and I'd throw Anton Rodgers in here, to make it 6 to pick from, it does show we could lose prob Mass, gain some lucre, and still be at least competitive.

Hopefully, we'll have the full complement as 27 games will have been played out over the preceding 5.5 months, leaving 19 to be played in 3 months.....a packed program.

While I too would love to keep everyone. Is it really that "packed"? In the first half of the season you play cup games too. Ok we didn't play that many ourselves as we went out quite early in all three competitions but...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 19:53:20 »

While I too would love to keep everyone. Is it really that "packed"? In the first half of the season you play cup games too. Ok we didn't play that many ourselves as we went out quite early in all three competitions but...

By my calculation we'll have 7 mid week matches...so presumably 12 Saturday games...so although there'll be a few free weeks, having plenty of bodies would be a major help.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 19:56:34 »

I've only seen a handful of games fully this season (and all post Christmas), but I think Louis T is an automatic choice for me at the moment. His work rate is incredible and he has a good range of qualities to his game. He demonstrated this particularly well against Coventry.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: