Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Fc Vs Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread  (Read 52844 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 21:50:39 »

I agree about him being important for us but he has been poor lately in my opinion. Those penalty misses have affected his confidence.

A game of fine margins. He was inches away from an absolute cracker of a volley on Monday and bar a poor finish from Williams, a great assist today. He is an all rounder and essential to the way we play. A bit dry on goals at the moment, but will be import at to us in the run in.
Essexred

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 21:58:11 »

Thought Smith worked really hard today and is a nuisance. I thought he was a bit unlucky today- touches either too heavy or a little under hit. Sure it's a confidence thing. As has been said, if Willo had tucked in his cross early on he might have enjoyed a better afternoon.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 21:58:22 »

I agree about him being important for us but he has been poor lately in my opinion. Those penalty misses have affected his confidence.

Smithy is saving himself for Trashton Gate when he gives Flint the run around!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 22:48:58 »

Felt sorry for Smith today, nothing seemed to come off for him.  A goal would do his confidence the world of good.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 22:50:25 »

A good result today. The first half was a credit to this division with some very good football played by both sides. I cannot believe there is a better crosser of the ball in this division. If we could sign him up then we should. The second, half, however, Chesterfield shat on us but we were very resolute. MOM will Willow. Byrne was crap and looks nowhere near fit. His second half performances are very poor. I feel sorry for Smith but hopefully he shanks one in and its game on with him again. Nate Dog had a good game despite fucking up for their goal.
All in all another win and 3 points in the bag. If Chesterfield had a defence we may have had issues and I still worry about our right hand side defensively.  
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 23:28:43 »

A good result today. The first half was a credit to this division with some very good football played by both sides. I cannot believe there is a better crosser of the ball in this division. If we could sign him up then we should. The second, half, however, Chesterfield shat on us but we were very resolute. MOM will Willow. Byrne was crap and looks nowhere near fit. His second half performances are very poor. I feel sorry for Smith but hopefully he shanks one in and its game on with him again. Nate Dog had a good game despite fucking up for their goal.
All in all another win and 3 points in the bag. If Chesterfield had a defence we may have had issues and I still worry about our right hand side defensively.  

Who are you referring to ?
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 23:32:46 »

Who are you referring to ?

Jug lugs Roberts I'd imagine? Whipped a few gorgeous corners in to be fair.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 23:33:31 »

I assumed toffolo.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 23:36:03 »

I assumed toffolo.

Ah yes. Misread the post slightly.  Smiley
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 23:43:27 »

Thought Branco did well today...am I alone in that?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 23:46:25 »

Their left back, Daniel Jones, for all his diving antics, was quite good. Byrne couldn't get near him. Very poor defensively and looked like there was something not quite right with him. We need him firing like he was a couple of months ago.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 00:02:47 »

No, he was much better. Won a lot of headers and was even accurate with his passing.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 00:03:01 »

No. I did too. Decent performance from him, looked more composed than he has done at times previously.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 00:21:56 »

No. Won every header that came his way today (that I can remember)

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 07:03:25 »

As entertaining as first half as seen all season at home.  Both teams looked like they could score (and concede) a hatfull.

Chesterfield gave us the runaround in the second half and we looked very ragged and very tired.  First time we've really missed Louongo and Kasim.  Williams goal was key in giving us a cushion.

I like Smith but his confidence is shot to pieces.  Looked glad to be taken off.  Desperately needs a goal.

MOM was their left back by a country mile. 

Ref was bizarre, a two footed airborne tackle apparently isn't even a foul....

Winning when outplayed is always said to be the sign of a successful team, so a great result.

Glad we have next week off.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: