Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Fc Vs Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread  (Read 52854 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:45:59 »

So...

First half we looked quite good in large patches, very dangerous going forward. We should have been 1-0 up when from kick off we passed it around for a minute, a ball to the right was headed on to Smith on the right who crossed to Willow, who pushed it wide. That said the ball in was a little overhit.

Great dead ball in for Toffolo for Stephens to head in. And we looked fairly dangerous. The hammer blow came when Smith was played clean in, but for some reason either misscontrolled it or looked to pass, we lost the ball, they broke, Thompson possibly could have cleared but didn't. They scored.

In fact they looked quite good going forward down the left, sharp quick passes opened us up a bit. But we were never in trouble (Crossbar aside), and Swift added a second when he turned his man in the box (was waiting for the ref to blow) and fired home.

After the break Chesterfield came at us, but when the ball broke Swift played in Willow to kill the game 3-1. Credit to the opposition, from that point on they were the better team as they pressed forward. We looked as ragged as we have done for quite some time, the midfield was tiring and Byrne looked like he'd been slipped a sleeping pill he was so far off the pace. But thankfully some good defending and also some desparate last minute blocks/a goal line clearance kept us in it. I wouldn't say the scoreline was unjust, but we'd have been right in the shit had they scored.

MOM for me: Willow probably.

Oh and the ref was laughable. Horrific challenge from behind on Thompson, no foul given, last man brings down Obika and gets a yellow.

Think I'm the only person in red that agreed with the ref on that one. For me Obika's touch has taken in well away and thus it was not a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The one on Thompson looked naughty though.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:47:35 »

Credit to chesterfield today, gave us no time or space to play. For all their pressure, they created little to nothing from open play, which was encouraging.

Byrne was poor, Williams and Nathan thompsons immense. Worried about Smith, he looked very poor and his head was down.

Hopefully we can make use of our winter break now, I'd imagine we'd have at least kasim back for the Sheff utd game too

Things get better but they never get good
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:48:01 »

Best game at the CG for a while, Chesterfield came to play and gave us a few sticky moments.
We looked stretched at times when they attacked and rode our luck.
Happy with that win, thought Smith off the pace a bit today but overall decent team performance.
Ref was utter shite, bottled an awful challenge from behind on Thompson not even blowing for a foul when a red wouldn't have been out of place.
And pretty sure last man fouling a player thru on goal is a red too as in Obikas.
Pulling and niggly fouls all over the pitch went unnoticed.

Well taken goals tho, Swift esp did well to battle for the ball for his and Williams was a classic breakaway goal with a great finish.

Pity franchise and the 82ers won but all we can do is keep our wins coming
82ers having all the luck

Both Iron keepers  off injured , centre-back Andrew Boyce in goal. Scunny battled well in a tough position, standing ovation deserved. #UTI
MR on the keepers:"They’re not great, we lost two in this game to the same injury, broken arms under a challenge from one of their players."
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:59:22 by @mwooly63 » Logged
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:52:13 »

Think I'm the only person in red that agreed with the ref on that one. For me Obika's touch has taken in well away and thus it was not a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The radio commentary agreed with you on that one albeit reluctantly...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:52:24 »

Oh yeah, forgot the comedy strop from their manager. Good full on arm waving action.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:54:38 »

54 points - we are finally safe - relegation dodged for another season!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:55:23 »

I thought the pattern of the game was similar in many ways to Coventry. Take a commanding lead then when the other team comes at us we closed the game down

Super finish from Williams for the third, could've and should've had more. Credit to Chesterfield as they try to play football and came to attack. Didn't think it was a red card although the tackle on Thompson was nasty - good to see little brother Thompson get a bit of revenge straight after. Thought their crossbar shot may have been in but no one appealed too hard. Roberts also look good so glad when he went off.
kerry red

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:56:22 »

What a strange game.

Very enjoyable first half where Williams should have scored inside 30 secs and we continued to get in behind them almost at will and should really have had 3 or 4.

Chesterfield's defence was dire first 45 but looked tasty going forward.

2nd half they dominated us for the majority of it, had one off the line and quite a few great balls in. They really should have done better in the area.

How there can be any doubt that Williams was MoM, I dont know. Scored one and chased and harried for 90 minutes - terrific exhibition of a hard working striker.

Any club looking at spunking money on Doyle need their heads testing. Whingy little cunt.
Islington Red

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:02:35 »

Apologies if I've missed but was the attendance decent?
kerry red

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:03:12 »

No. Just under 8000
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:05:49 »

Wingnut Roberts tweeted

Something about this place ...... Broken arm , shit year an now a hamstring!!! Giving the next game here a miss 🙈🙈
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:09:20 »

Im afraid I lost it today.  Id turned to my kid and said at half time that the ref had been decent.  Then that Jones jumped in and scissor tackled Nathan and not only no red card but not even a fucking foul.  Disgraceful decision and disgraceful behaviour from the cheating little cunt.

That was right in front of me so I could get really incensed.  I was less incensed but utterly baffled as to why there player who cynically fouled Obika when he was last man only got a yellow.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:10:19 »

No. Just under 8000

That's poor.  Very poor.

#ididntgo  #partoftheproblem  #sorrylee  #mybrotherwentthough
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:15:46 »

After a thoroughly enjoyable first half where we played very well in patches, we came out in the second half, scored a good third and then seemed to take the foot off the gas and let Chesterfield have lots of possession without actually creating anything too clear cut. (Although Wes again tried to give them something with a stupid attempted pass which was intercepted)

I thought Williams was probably my MOM, and his work rate was phenomenal. I thought Stephens had a good first half too. Toffolo can't half whip a cracking delivery in!

Chesterfield are a decent side and I liked their scorer Clucas, and I also thought Roberts looked dangerous before he went off injured.

Happy enough with the 3 points and a couple of weeks for the players to recover now before Sheffield United away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:18:07 »

The bloke continued in the same vein in the sexism half (although the accent was actually Geordie) which led to two beautiful moments near the end- Byrne running the ball though three men straight after a 'watch this idiot lose it' and then of the match award which had him choking on rage- I couldnt resist giving him a little bit of sit down shut up after that.

Good win, performing so much better without the Asia Cup stars than I could have hoped

You must be very close to me Nemo as I know exactly which family you mean. That Geordie guy is a piece of work and goes for a piss at the most annoying times. His son (I think it is) is equally as bad.

Forgot to say a crowd of less than 10k for this team is disappointing and sub 8k is pretty poor bearing in mind we have 1 game this month.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: