Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 34940 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 16:03:58 »

Over 2000 already have!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 16:48:16 »

Are we getting way to a head. Come on, this is Swindon. It will never happen.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 17:21:38 »

unless malpas is sacked,or money is made available to spend on players.they will have no option but to make some sort of offer.if not they wont shift many imo
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 17:37:38 »

I had a mate who wants to start going and said she would go if the season ticket worked out at £150.

I'm sure a few of my other mates would do it too, and they don't really support Swindon but come along to odd games. One was talking of a half season ticket when we in League 2 - I'm sure cheaper tickets could persuade these people along.
lebowski

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 18:10:24 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Badford's is indeed £150 for any season ticket purchased before June 15th.  If they get 9000 adult sales by that date everyone will be given a free one as well, so they could potentially have 18000 season ticket holders on June 16th.  Clearly it creates an issue of who to give the free one to, but what a deal.  Works out at about £6.50 per game or £3.25 if you manage to get 2 for the price of one.

That is brilliant and should be applauded, especially if it catches on at other clubs. I see Accrington Stanley are taking it up charging just £20 for kids' season tickets.

We average, what 6,500? 3,000 or so of them are season ticket holders, but the remaining 3,500 are not the same 3,500 each week. We probably have something like 10,000 unique visitors so far this season, including season ticket holders? And that's at the current price point, watching a mediocre standard of football.

That makes sense in my head.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that 9,000 season tickets is definitely do-able. My only concern is that it took long enough to queue up last summer, imagine how it would be when every fucker wants one.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 5, 2008, 17:23:18 »

According to Nicholas Watkins in todays programme

"the board is currently undertaking a detailed strategic review of all ticket pricing scenarios for next season, with the intention of offering fans a compelling proposition, in the hope that they in turn will commit their support to the club"

sounds promising
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 5, 2008, 17:46:25 »

Quote from: "Arnold.J.Rimmer"
According to Nicholas Watkins in todays programme

"the board is currently undertaking a detailed strategic review of all ticket pricing scenarios for next season, with the intention of offering fans a compelling proposition, in the hope that they in turn will commit their support to the club"

sounds promising

Indeed it does  Cool  Cheesy
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 08:46:35 »

Beers

this would be ace if its true, even i'd be able to afford a season ticket if they're that cheap!

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 10:06:34 »

There will be alot of people that I know buying season tickets if they are £200 or less! Beers

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 15:37:02 »

At that sort of price you would probably get people buying a ST even if they couldn't go to every game

But what would it do to matchday income though - they would be relying on people buying food and programmes etc
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 16:19:16 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
At that sort of price you would probably get people buying a ST even if they couldn't go to every game

But what would it do to matchday income though - they would be relying on people buying food and programmes etc

Benefits would include guarenteed income stream and a greater likelihood of bigger attendances - a lot of people, especially families get priced out of football. Cheaper tickets would certainly help to get them coming to watch games.

I think the general hype could definitely get people buying tickets. When we play bigger teams the hype always says it will be sold out so get your tickets soon etc., but like Leeds that wasn't the case. I think a larger uptake initially would get a few off their arse to get a ticket.

I certainly know a few non-regulars who aren't really Town fans that would come along more often if tickets were cheaper. When they're at games they get fully behind the team and enjoy it, they just can't afford to do it each week. I'm sure they'd become a proper fan if they could come along more often.

More people = more money in total. If you get more bodies through the gate you can drop the income per person and still get more in revenue. It could really build things for subsequent seasons and justify a redevelopment etc.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 16:47:10 »

I've been watching Swindon for 21 years now and until 2001 I was a season ticket holder. I stopped because £300- £400 was alot of money to find at once when you're young and have a mortgage.

I never miss a home game but I just find it easier to find £18 every fortnight.

If they said £150 for a season ticket i'd buy one for sure, absolute bargain, and my dad would.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 16:51:24 »

i dont think there will be major reductions in price.maybe wing tickets and a bit off. but i'd be mighty surprised to see large discounts like have been mentioned.
the abolition of increased pay on the day tickets should be made imo.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 16:52:46 »

I think this is very brave of the board (in a positive, rather than fool-hardy way - if, indeed, it's true).  I have only ever bought a season ticket once, in 1993/94.  I was terrified that I might miss one of the big home games.  It cost me £156 to stand on the Stratton Bank for the season.  Never thought we would see prices like that again...even if we are 2 divisions below where we were then.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 17:00:06 »

Even £250 to sit in the Don Rogers or Arkells stand would be good value.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: