Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 34287 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 08:37:19 »

Apparently we could be seeing a Bradford style slash in prices.

Personally I'd be well happy if it happened, I can't really afford £300+ on a ST when I've got a wedding to pay for.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 08:40:06 »

I don't get one as I never know if I'll be in Swindon for a whole season however if prices do go down Ill probably get one next year as it won't matter as much if I miss a few matches.

Bradford style is a big jump though.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 08:55:15 »

Where have you heard this ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 09:00:16 »

I think it's just a rumour doing the rounds. Nothing more.

Personally, think it would be a huge gamble. Obviously I'd like a cheap season ticket, but would we really double the gate if we halved the prices? Not sure, but I guess that's what Bradford said.

I'd guess the directors will be looking at every pricing strategy. I thought the noises coming from that direction looked like it was more likely wing reductions and tiered pricing structure were on the way. I guess we'll see.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 09:01:36 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
Where have you heard this ?

Heinz '57.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 09:01:46 »

At the trust meeting Wray said he will do whatever it took yo fill every seat.

I would not be suprised to see this happen
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 09:05:27 »

Just to add, if it worked, it would be fucking fantastic. Except the burger queues Smiley
lebowski

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 09:07:23 »

I suppose if we're going to spend all that money on uniforming the red seats then we may as well try to fill them.

I do not look forward to regularly having to queue for a wee wee at half time though.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 09:24:51 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Personally, think it would be a huge gamble. Obviously I'd like a cheap season ticket, but would we really double the gate if we halved the prices? Not sure, but I guess that's what Bradford said.

I'd guess the directors will be looking at every pricing strategy. I thought the noises coming from that direction looked like it was more likely wing reductions and tiered pricing structure were on the way. I guess we'll see.

I don't think you would need to double the gate necessarily, as obviously you would sell more of food, programmes etc (thus higher profit margins on each item without raising the prices) to offset some of the difference.

The board are clearly keen to vastly improve the gate so it could also be true that next season's ticket prices may be a kind of loss leader to get fans back into the habit again.

I guess the cheap prices for up and coming Port Vale game is some kind of trial run for next season.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 13:51:32 »

Would the Swindon people turn up en masse though if prices were reduced, I think attendances would go up but I wonder how higfh they would need to rise to offset the cheaper prices ?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 14:13:13 »

Bradford sold over 11000 season tickets, they had under 4000 the season before in a higher league.  Once it got going it snowballed as people scrambled to ensure they got a seat and didn't lose out on the deal.

We may not see the same, but you wouldn't need to double attendances to half the price, as mentioned above it's all about the total spend per game per head.  If you sell 50% more but you get extra money per head on everyone then it's entirely possible you get more money.  The people who have season tickets may be more inclined to spend more on a match day.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 15:45:16 »

Very true, and of course the feel good factor will be a major plus as well

So in essence it could work - with enough planning and thought.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 16:04:27 »

I'd buy one and in 26 years of watching that would be a first.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 19:07:34 »

I've heard the target is 9,000 season tickets. Might be achievable.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 19:17:46 »

It might be achievable but it all depends what the offer is and when they announce it .

Alot of clubs have revealed theres already
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: