Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: time for a boycott????  (Read 13353 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 16:35:32 »

Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "stfctownenda"
My actions as a fan have been to attend every game this season.

My actions to help the club however outside of those 90 minutes, i can not discuss as I am not at liberty to.

I am however unable to join the Trust, but I fully support those that wish to do so to help the club.

May I ask what you are doing to help stfctownenda?

I am a member of the trust and have attending all of the consortium meetings so unfortunately you have not caught me out I am actively trying to help keep this club going, I also have attended alot of games this season.  For me I am starting to see a connection between yourself and this board, arise Bob holt  Cheesy

I am not intending to catch you out, merely asking the same of you as you have of me? Is that so wrong?

And I can assure you that I am not Bob Holt, I do not work for the club and I have no current affiliation with the Board or any part of Swindon Town FC, nor do I infact even live in Swindon.

Not living in Swindon....supporting the club or owning any shares is prime evidence for being linked to Newbury.

There are any number of  cyber board apologists on thisis.....excuse me for thinking you might be one that has slipped over here.

Sorry if that came across wrong, but I do have a slight affiliation in that I AM a Swindon fan and have been all my life.

I meant that I have no affiliation with the running of STFC...sorry

I'm fuckin lost ere!

Sharkey, if you have no affilliation with the club other than being a fan, why do you imply you DO have an affinity.
You state above quote"My actions to help the club outside those 90 minutes, i cannot discuss as i am not at liberty too"end quote
WFF does that mean?
And
Quote"I am however, unable to join the trust, but fully support those that do who wish to help the club"End Quote
Why Not? Why cant you join?

The CVA takes priority!...FACT
Everything else should be re-structured AGAIN...FACT
We have been lied to and mis-lead.....AGAIN.....FACT

I'll go with whatever action the trust deems appropriate and would urge those that are not members to SIGN UP NOW!

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Sharky

« Reply #76 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:00:10 »

Quote from: "pauld"
I am however unable to join the Trust, but I fully support those that wish to do so to help the club.

Could I ask why you are unable to join the Trust? And that's not laying down a gauntlet or anything - quite happy for you to PM me with the reasons why if you can't or don't want to say why publicly?

And on the more general point, can we get off the "I've done more than you've done" bit - it doesn't help anyone. We all do what we can as fans, as Trust members to help the club. Obviously, personally I feel the best way for fans to help move things forward is to join the Trust, back the Fans' Consortium, etc but this shouldn't become a "holier than thou" thing if people choose not to. If Sharky's got reasons why he prefers not to join the Trust, that's fair enough. Although I would point out that being a Trust member does make you immeasurably more attractive to the opposite sex disclaimer: some or all of the preceding statement may not be literally correct in the "likely to be presented as fact at an STFC AGM" sense of the word

I am affiliated with a different body of professionals that prevents my joining as a member of the trust - and thank you pauld for being one of those who's arguements and opinions are always well placed.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:01:57 »

MAybe sharky is a player Soapy Tit Wank

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:08:07 »

Can our's read and write?

Millom

Await The Day
Sharky

« Reply #79 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:08:14 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
MAybe sharky is a player Soapy Tit Wank

If I was a player then I should be sacked cause I have been on here way too long when I should be training!

I'm not though, so alas, no problem with my job security!   Smiley

Regardless of who I am and who I work for or with I am happy to see that people such as Arriba have changed there mind to the knee jerk reaction of a boycott.

It seems some peoples view of you arriba are a little misplaced perhaps, with the fact that you are at least able to listen to a debate and are prepared to be swayed by another suggestion if you feel it is right.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:15:53 »

struggling to think of a professional body that would stop someone from joining a supporters trust! :?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:26:23 »

struggling to think of a professional body that would stop someone from joining a supporters trust! :?

Possibly the auditors - it would compromise his independence to join the Trust. Being an auditor would also be an excellent way to get an inside view on how the club is being run.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:30:27 »

Me too STA..... MI5-MI6- MAYBE

And Sharkey, all arriba did was make a suggestion. I would'nt go puffing your pipe thinking you have swayed him.
Incidently, what fuckin footballer would be training at 6.08pm the nite before a game!!!DOH :nuts:

Millom

Await The Day

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:34:43 »

sharkey didn't sway me but his posts were certainly interesting reading.my change of mind is more or less down to the adverse effect a boycott could have on the team.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 17:35:57 »

Instead of a boycott, maybe we could do what they do in italy and just turn our back on the game. Or What I have seen Real (fascist) madrid fans do, wave white hankies to show their displeasure. Anyone know any mega rich people?

Whatever happened to the rumour that Richard Branson wanted to buy us? (or did i dream that) :?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 18:40:37 »

it we wanted to make our feelings clear with out disrupting the players at all, the best thing to do would be to sit in afterwards....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 18:43:54 »

I think I signed up to the Trust the other week. Maybe not. I signed something and paid a pound. I've probably just registered as a sex offender or somethign sinister though.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 20:01:34 »

Quote from: "Zurich Red"

Possibly the auditors - it would compromise his independence to join the Trust. Being an auditor would also be an excellent way to get an inside view on how the club is being run.

Since the club Auditors are in Newbury...you can rule that one out !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 20:17:07 »

Yes and they are basd at the same address as Dunwoody

Funny that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 20:25:40 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Yes and they are basd at the same address as Dunwoody

Funny that

Again not true Bort....the company address and auditors address is the same,  don't forget the auditor refused to sign off the 03 /04 accounts as a true record.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: