Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 51381 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:04:00 »

It was depressing to watch on TV, which is all i was able to do, but those who think Preston are a great side are a little mistaken.....lump the ball up the pitch knowing they have two very able strikers, and on three occasions (or four if you count the Fods save) the striker of the moment is successful....and immediately after the game, he was not willing to commit himselfto be at Preston next season....apart from that Fods did not really havethat much to do.  The fact that Johnstone only had to make three serious saves showed we didnt offer much either.  Sadly we didnt learn...those strikers needed more attention than they got.  They deserved to win, no argument, and not enough of our players showed the gifts we all know they have....but it was not all bad.

So to next season, and no reason why, if Cooper and Williams stay, we should not have as good a chance again...and noone coming down is a patch on those who have gone up.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:04:13 »

Another "...and Smith must score" situation.If that header had gone in,2-1 but 10 seconds later its 3-0 and game over

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
arkellsboi

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:16:52 »

Beaten by the better side. Preston were/are stronger in every department and deserve to go up over us. Shame our fans gave up the support so early - a few of us in block 119 were desperately trying to get some support going in the second half but everyone was looking at us like we were mad. Probably understandable. Fuck it. Great season, anyway.

You reds.  Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:21:14 »

Beaten by the better side. Preston were/are stronger in every department and deserve to go up over us. Shame our fans gave up the support so early - a few of us in block 119 were desperately trying to get some support going in the second half but everyone was looking at us like we were mad. Probably understandable. Fuck it. Great season, anyway.

You reds.  Smiley

What was the fighting kicking off in the first half? I saw at least 3 pretty serious incidents,which would have been in 113 and 114, Donkey was right near one of them.
arkellsboi

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:23:45 »

What was the fighting kicking off in the first half? I saw at least 3 pretty serious incidents,which would have been in 113 and 114, Donkey was right near one of them.

Didn't see any of that. A few shandies too many, I'd imagine.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:24:44 »

Yeah sorry accidentally quoted you, I was asking in general, doh.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:26:47 »

Something to do with people standing and kids not being able to see. Not sure what went on behind me, didn't care about that, didn't much care about anything at that point.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:28:22 »

As we usually say, cracking day out, ruined by the football...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:29:01 »

I was in 113 and saw 3 scraps. The first one a very young boy was near and was very upset. From what I could see it was some very seriously pissed town fans scrapping each other. A lot of our fans were total bellends. I give particular praise to the two dickheads who were goading the steward at the end who walked away instead of kicking their arses.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:36:39 »

just wondering how much branco would have been slated on here if he had fucked up like ricketts did for no.4

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:39:34 »

Would love to have a team that defended like Preston did today
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:43:05 »

Beckford was the difference between the sides.
We were simply bullied and outmuscled.
Didn't enjoy the day, however going 2 down killed our atmosphere and yes we do have some twats as fans who have no consideration for other people, particularly kids who struggle to see when people stand up. They have a right to be there as much as pissed up ignorant twats.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:45:44 »

did anyone think we should have had a pen for handball?

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:47:42 »

did anyone think we should have had a pen for handball?
Thought it was Byrne who handled it and then claimed for a pen
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:55:24 »

Thought it was Byrne who handled it and then claimed for a pen

It was a definite penalty.

Wouldn't have made a difference though, would it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: