Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 50817 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:07:52 »

For those who went,we never noticed you. Wasted your time and money.

Difficult to put into words just how glad I am that I'm not you.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:09:46 »

Supporting my team in a final will never be a waste of my time. Never.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:15:30 »

Difficult to put into words just how glad I am that I'm not you.
good for you. I could gloat about being right but I so wanted to be wrong about today and it would give me no pleasure. I've already said I'd be cheeky to call myself a loyal fan. Them days are behind me. Doesnt change the reality of today though. Might as well have had 5000 there. Made no difference.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:22:24 by arriba » Logged
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:23:05 »

good for you. I could gloat about being right but I so wanted to be wrong about today and it would give me no pleasure. I've already said I'd be cheeky to call myself a loyal fan. Them days are behind me. Doesnt change the reality of today though. Might as well have had 5000 there. Made no difference.
That's fair enough.  But there's no need to insult those who went.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:26:48 »

That's fair enough.  But there's no need to insult those who went.
not my intention to insult anyone. Just saying our fans were not noticeable. Sorry if that offends. Plenty of my friends and family who are texting and phoning me agree and they went.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:30:22 »

To be fair it does appear like I'm insulting those who went from that initial post. My fault and not my intention. Apologies. Should have been clearer.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:30:57 »

not my intention to insult anyone. Just saying our fans were not noticeable. Sorry if that offends. Plenty of my friends and family who are texting and phoning me agree and they went.

It's not what you intended but that line was pretty shitty, arriba.

Boo arriba. Wink
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:33:07 »

We were 2-0 behind after 8 minutes, I'm not surprised we weren't noticeable.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:33:56 »

Tactical niavety, the minute they lined up 3 up front, we should have played with full backs, not wing backs, or utilised one of the midfield into sweeper, to counteract the ball over the top. We didnt learn the lessons from sheff utd, and we played a better team who punished us for it.

I think the crucial moment was when smith missed a sitter, and they went up the other end and scored, the heads dropped pretty much from then on.

Oh well, always next season. Enjoy your holidays everyone.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:34:44 »

To be fair it does appear like I'm insulting those who went from that initial post. My fault and not my intention. Apologies. Should have been clearer.
Believe me the whole place was buzzing up to kick off. The pubs were heaving and jumping by. The first attack first goal situation kind of ruined things slightly since it was clear the writing was on the wall. Hence my post in the other thread about wanting to enjoy at least one half of football at Wembley.  
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:35:13 »

We were 2-0 behind after 8 minutes, I'm not surprised we weren't noticeable.
This.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:36:16 »

Understandable really, we were shit from the off. Hard to get an atmosphere going when you're being comprehensively dicked on the pitch. Although that said, I still thought it was far better than millwall. Got going a couple of times to be fair, albeit not for long.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:45:49 »

I don't think we had any shape. We panicked after goaing 1-0 and Preston were firm into the challenge. They gave us no time and space in midfield and were first to the ball.

Up front, Smith ran around but offered nothing in the box. Obika offered little in the box and nothing outside it.

Gladwin wanted too long on the ball and didn't get into the game. Toffolo was ineffective. Byrne was mostly kicked off the ball. Stephens looked fancy dan coming forward, but isn't a good defender. Turnbull was aggressive without jumping or heading or staying goalside!

Kasim had no one to pass to and kept being pressured into mistakes. Luongo hasn't impressed me for a long while.

Why did Williams have a fag butt up his nose? The Thompson twins weren't fit.

I was fearing a drubbing, and unfortunately, that's what we got.

The thing that has irked me since, is seeing the article about Fodderingham having spoken to Championship clubs. Tbh, I think the timing of the article is a little crass. I really don't care about his career, I'm still hurting from my team being embarrassed at Wembley! :-(

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 20:54:20 »

Was men against boys out there. But lets not forget, most of our lads are mere boys, and gave us a damn good season. but couldn't finish it off in the end. Here's to next year for auto's and miss that damn place altogether.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:01:07 »

well they may mostly be young but ricketts (old) was the worst Town player by a country mile

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: