Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 81022 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:05:42 »

We beat Bristol City on Sky. We played Huddersfield off the park at the Galpharm when they were top. We destroyed Bournemouth 4-2 in Lee Peacocks first game.

Play off final was last season has fuck all to do with this season.
Neither is Iffy shitty time in charge.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:06:52 »

If the play off final has fuck all to do with this season (and presumably Wilson's ability as a manager) then what the fuck has performances under Iffy got to do with anything.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:15:51 »

By far the wisest post in this debate has been made by young Tails....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:23:14 »

If the play off final has fuck all to do with this season (and presumably Wilson's ability as a manager) then what the fuck has performances under Iffy got to do with anything.

That putting in the odd good performance and still losing wont keep us up.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:29:37 »

We beat Bristol City on Sky. We played Huddersfield off the park at the Galpharm when they were top. We destroyed Bournemouth 4-2 in Lee Peacocks first game.

Just to be picky, we played Yeovil in Lee Peacocks first game.
knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:30:56 »

No we didn't. It was Bournemouth, I remember him getting a debut goal.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:34:20 »

Just to be picky, you're wrong.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/PlayingRecord.asp?PersonID=PEACOCKL&Season=2005-2006
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:38:57 »

call me what you like - but we should have got rid of him about 5 weeks ago.
That's as maybe but we didn't, did we? So it seems to me we now have two choices:

1) Get behind the team and show the new signings they've come somewhere where the crowd appreciate and will back good performances/fighting spirit (and are willing to unite behind that). Which may or may not work. If it does, we pull out of the shit; if it doesn't, he'll be gone by the end of March (and we'll be doomed)
2) Continue to call for Wilson's head and utterly demoralise the new signings who'll be wondering what the fuck they've come into. It certainly won't help improve performances/results and could conceivably make them worse by demoralising the team. That may have the "desired" (by some) effect of getting rid of Wilson sooner, but I'd guess only by a couple of weeks than the scenario above and will pretty much guarantee we're fucked.

Of the two, I'd rather take a punt on option 1 and hope that a show of unity/Wilson's genius/random good luck can turn things round and let Wilson's future be decided in the summer. Because I don't see anything good coming from option 2 to be honest - it may result in change eventually, but I think now that change would likely come too late.
Panda Paws

« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:44:48 »

I was in the Wilson out camp - only just mind - a couple of weeks ago because we looked dreadful, not ability wise but between the ears and in the heart, but Saturday and last night were much better, and I firmly believe Charlie going has lifted the place massively.

I'm now right behind Wilson again. He's technically a great coach - ask the players - and has a good relationship with Fitton. Get Benyon firing, Lucas fit and some depth upfront and out wide in the loan window and we'll be 'reet. Then cut our loses on some of the duds - Rose and Pericard come to mind - in the summer and go again, with the budget and backing to have a real push once more.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 17:47:08 »

If we survive this year I can see a great season ahead next year....can we have a fast forward time button?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 18:10:19 »

If we survive this year I can see a great season ahead next year....can we have a fast forward time button?!

Bazza has struggled with the ignore button....still no harm in asking.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 18:16:06 »

An open goal from an error if I recall correctly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 18:50:36 »

Bazza has struggled with the ignore button....still no harm in asking.
Can we have an "ignore this season" button?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 18:58:49 »

That's as maybe but we didn't, did we? So it seems to me we now have two choices:

1) Get behind the team and show the new signings they've come somewhere where the crowd appreciate and will back good performances/fighting spirit (and are willing to unite behind that). Which may or may not work. If it does, we pull out of the shit; if it doesn't, he'll be gone by the end of March (and we'll be doomed)
2) Continue to call for Wilson's head and utterly demoralise the new signings who'll be wondering what the fuck they've come into. It certainly won't help improve performances/results and could conceivably make them worse by demoralising the team. That may have the "desired" (by some) effect of getting rid of Wilson sooner, but I'd guess only by a couple of weeks than the scenario above and will pretty much guarantee we're fucked.

Of the two, I'd rather take a punt on option 1 and hope that a show of unity/Wilson's genius/random good luck can turn things round and let Wilson's future be decided in the summer. Because I don't see anything good coming from option 2 to be honest - it may result in change eventually, but I think now that change would likely come too late.

I didnt say anything about not supporting the team or booing everyone and everything or anything like that.

Just dont think he's the man for the job anymore and hasnt been for a while. This season is a failure no matter what happens now.

An open goal from an error if I recall correctly.

Yep, doesnt detract from the fact that, that was a quality performance and we still went down.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 19:18:02 »

Yep, doesnt detract from the fact that, that was a quality performance and we still went down.

Aw I was just playing the memory game... and I won (in the game in my head, go me).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: