Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dirty Serbian cunts!,  (Read 14766 times)
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 13:58:49 »

Those Serbs are nearly as bad as this lot! Pathetic  Clap

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/10/17/92746-32045146/
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:02:40 »

Think you linked to the wrong article, that's about Arsenal fans at an Arsenal game and nothing to do with England fans as you claim.

Ok, sorry try this one instead

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2000/jun/19/euro2000.sport3

Point still remains that we're in no position to 'preach' to others about fans' conduct. While I sympathise (sort of) with your initial implication that UEFA treat us differently (partly due to non-football politics) it doesn't negate the fact that we've hardly covered ourselves with glory in the past. It's the equivalent of arguing that if the Heysel stadium had been a lot safer then Liverpool fans could have had a proper punch up with innocent Italian fans without having to kill them. Given that we spent decades vandalising European cities on a whim, it's no wonder that they maybe a tad pissed off and still hold a grudge.

Football in this country has made great strides in trying to eradicate racism, hooliganism etc, but preaching to other countries when an England player gets a lesser sentence than other players of a similar offence rightly smells of arrogance.

So yes in my view Serbia should be banned over their actions last night (and not all of the England team members covered themselves with glory albeit with deep provocation), but the implication that we're victims in UEFA treatment is sorely misguided. If we don't want to get 'unfairly' banned for racist or violent behaviour...there's a simple solution - don't give them the excuse.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:12:39 »

Wonder how the Serb FA will explain this:

!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:16:00 by Flashheart » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:14:54 »

They're saying boo-urns?

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:16:16 »

Grin
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:30:23 »

Ok, sorry try this one instead

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2000/jun/19/euro2000.sport3

Point still remains that we're in no position to 'preach' to others about fans' conduct. While I sympathise (sort of) with your initial implication that UEFA treat us differently (partly due to non-football politics) it doesn't negate the fact that we've hardly covered ourselves with glory in the past. It's the equivalent of arguing that if the Heysel stadium had been a lot safer then Liverpool fans could have had a proper punch up with innocent Italian fans without having to kill them. Given that we spent decades vandalising European cities on a whim, it's no wonder that they maybe a tad pissed off and still hold a grudge.

Football in this country has made great strides in trying to eradicate racism, hooliganism etc, but preaching to other countries when an England player gets a lesser sentence than other players of a similar offence rightly smells of arrogance.

So yes in my view Serbia should be banned over their actions last night (and not all of the England team members covered themselves with glory albeit with deep provocation), but the implication that we're victims in UEFA treatment is sorely misguided. If we don't want to get 'unfairly' banned for racist or violent behaviour...there's a simple solution - don't give them the excuse.

We had a major problem with hooliganism in this country and worked hard to sort it out. Whilst there are still some issues here a lot of other countries are far worse, deny they have an issue, do nothing to resolve it and the authorities turn a blind eye. We're still being punished for our past whilst others get away with it in the present.

The big difference for me is that we take the issue seriously. Anyone racist chanting and those responsible will get long bans. Same for if you throw missiles on to the pitch. Bad behaviour isn't tolerated even by other fans with most who misbehave getting grassed up to the stewards on the spot. It's a totally different attitude to a lot of European countries.

The article you linked to doesn't actually detail any trouble, just the over reaction from the authorities. Plus if I remember correctly the only trouble at Euro 2000 with England fans was in Belgium. Which maybe could have been avoided if the Belgium Police accepted the offer of assistance from the British Police, the Dutch accepted and didn't have problems. Not saying it caused it or is an excuse but it is a factor.

You might not agree with the punishment Terry got but the FA provided a reasonable explanation. Terry made one racist comment so got a lesser ban than Suarez who made repeated comments. Not sure I agree but I accept their reasoning.

I didn't see any footage of England players behaving badly against Serbia, the only physical contact seemed to be them defending themselves. Though if any did go over the top they should be punished as well.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:33:08 by jonny72 » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 15:03:52 »

Paul Ince saying it's not easy to say ignore the rascists - if you ignore them you have beaten them, as hard as it might be
Doing what Rose did (albeit understandable in the circumstances) means they get the reaction they want.

I come from a land down-under
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 15:50:36 »

Interested to here your views on this one. When Siniša Mihajlović got taunted about being a gypsy by Patrick Viera during a match and responded by calling him a black cunt the former was done for racism but the latter had no action taken against him. Double standards?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 17:40:38 »

UEFA have announced disciplinary proceedings against Serbia.....and England.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:39:55 »

Interested to here your views on this one. When Siniša Mihajlović got taunted about being a gypsy by Patrick Viera during a match and responded by calling him a black cunt the former was done for racism but the latter had no action taken against him. Double standards?
Yes absolutely. They should both have been done
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:44:17 »

charging one but not the other is like  pot calling kettle, oh....

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 19:58:11 »

I do wish some people would check their facts and stop talking rubbish. The England fans were still poorly treated by FIFA and UEFA well in to the 2000's with constant threats that if they so much as dropped a crisp packet they'd kick us out of tournaments. There was a continual stream of pre-emptive strikes which had no basis whatsoever.

If you're going to try and have a debate about a subject perhaps you should use evidence to back up your points. So what if UEFA threatened to ban a country with appalling historical form from the 70's and 80's.

With all these threats though I wonder  why they didn't get banned after causing the postponement of the Ireland match? Or when they kicked off in France '98 (in Marseille and St Etienne)?

Like others have said though the FA have dropped the racist moral high ground with their treatment of John Terry, could have used him as an example and chose not to.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 20:16:40 »

Sorry for not checking my facts but didn't a player get racially abused THIS season at Milwall - is Milwall going to be banned from playing in the FL for a couple of years?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 21:23:54 »

English FA charged as well as Serbia:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19976781

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:30:05 »

English FA charged as well as Serbia:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19976781

Will be interesting to see what evidence they give against England. I suppose it's quite possible that one or two players did act out of line in the brawl at the end, but most seemed to just head down the tunnel.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: