Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge V Swindon Town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 37941 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:25:35 »

No probs mate.....enjoy the Miguel.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #256 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:34:37 »

No probs mate.....enjoy the Miguel.

Ok no game for Brock today. They lost 2-0 at home to Fawley on Tuesday

Peroni to start cos they are cold then Cobra, I'm economising
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 18:52:36 »

I see it's a  Emo Saturday again!

Joy!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:03:13 »

Joy!
Not moaning but the reaction after games this season have been at either end of the scale - suicidal or overjoyed. It's gonna be that sort of season, we'll string some good results together, put in some awful performances and finish midtable.

See: season 2004/2005
Panda Paws

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:13:53 »

Not moaning but the reaction after games this season have been at either end of the scale - suicidal or overjoyed. It's gonna be that sort of season, we'll string some good results together, put in some awful performances and finish midtable.

See: season 2004/2005

Which in itself would be a massive step backwards, and not good enough with the budget for the season. I think the reaction stems from the (correct) heightened level of expectation.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:18:21 »

Joy!

We've just lost twice in a week?

We arent exactly going to be jumping for joy are we?

Panda Paws has got it spot on above.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:26:23 »

We've just lost twice in a week?

It's happened before and it will happen again....move on to the next game.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:27:04 »

In my state of mind, and I'm having a few Pint I can't really be arsed to read the whole thread, what went wrong after being one up?

Initially, after going a goal up, very llittle actually went wrong. I thought we were pretty much in control in the first half but had no cutting edge in the final third. The goal and then a pretty good chance (I can't think who it was now) just before half time were all we created in terms of actual chances but I thought we looked pretty good overall. One goal though, as I always say, is never, ever enough and so it proved.

They then got an early goal second half. Cuthbert missed what looked like a pretty simple header to leave Scannell in acres of space. From there on in it pretty much fell apart although we still had chances to have salvaged a point. Roberts saved one certain goal from Caddis (I think) Dag & Red in fairness looked like they wanted it more.

I liked the look of Ball and it would be interesting to see what he can do behind the front two. A very skillful player with a beautiful touch. It was the first I'd seen of Rose and after all the slating he'd been getting I was pleasantly surprised. How the fuck anyone can write off Bodin after the short time he was on is beyond me. Again, he looks like he's got a very nice touch and I would like to see more of him. He may well need to go out on loan to get himself beefed up though. O'Brien looked good when he came on (when he eventually got into the game) I have stuck up for Pericard ever since we signed him but today, even I have to admit he was utterly useless. He looked like a player playing his last game for the club. He must have lost his footing 20 times and could not be fucked to change his boots. Oh yeah, JPM on the bench? He's a key player and needs to be starting.

A very disappointing day but not all bad. To me, we are certainly not a bad team, but a good team who have yet to get all the pieces in the right place. That obviously needs to happen sooner rather than later though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:27:34 »

Yeah and I bet we didnt jump for joy then either?

4 defeats already, last season we lost 8 in total.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:28:26 »

Which in itself would be a massive step backwards, and not good enough with the budget for the season. I think the reaction stems from the (correct) heightened level of expectation.
I agree entirely. Anything less than the play-offs is a failure.

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:32:10 »

Yeah and I bet we didnt jump for joy then either?

4 defeats already, last season we lost 8 in total.

where do we go from here then?
same question to sonic.

i think we have a average team which isn't anywhere near last seasons team.
Panda Paws

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:36:23 »

same question to sonic.

We need some luck/inspiration in the loans market, and soon, to give us more strength in depth, some creativity wide left and some goal-scoring experience up top. A run with a settled team and no injuries or stupid suspensions would help too.

To pick up on a point made a few posts ago, I haven't seen anyone write Bodin off on here, but the fact he is an option at the moment is indicative of our problems.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:38:15 »

I agree entirely. Anything less than the play-offs is a failure.

Fuck me....we're Swindon Town not Wendies or Leeds. Last season we overachieved, this season we may not be able to...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:38:56 »

same question to sonic.

We get Charlie fit, we go back to 4-4-2 matching up as close to last season as possible, we play players in position. JPM right, Ball upfront etc We drop under performers. If that means Billy Bodin plays so be it. We go back to basics and work our bollocks off again. We enter the loan market and try to bring in a centre back, left winger and striker. Preferably experienced player not youngsters. Bring back Timlin, I fail to see the point in having a senior pro out on loan when we can only name 6 subs and he was just starting to play well before he went.

Come January we dont sell Austin and we spend money to get better players in.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:41:36 by Dave » Logged
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, October 2, 2010, 19:40:00 »

Dossevi off with Togo tomorrow apparently . I assume he misses the Rovers game along with Caddis?

Good, maybe then we can have an attack without it resulting in an offside decision!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: