Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Northampton Matchday Thread.  (Read 49807 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:13:04 »

Simon Cox has massive potential. We must not get robbed blind when we do start listening to offers.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:14:02 »

But will we sell him on the cheap if he does go Crying
 Not a chance, if, if he goes it will be a good deal.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:14:58 »

Simon Cox has massive potential. We must not get robbed blind when we do start listening to offers.
Totaly agree when you hear players like beckford and mclean are worth around 3 million makes you think what cox is really worth on the market or what we can at least get for him.
flammableBen

« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:18:12 »

Surely what cox is worth to us is what we can get for him?

What's the biggest recent transfer received at this level? I think it's been mentioned before but I can't remember.

Colchester got a bit over £2mil for LuaLua back in 2000ish didn't they?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:18:56 »

Maynard was 2m rising to 3m.

Didn't Brett Ormerod go for quite a lot back in the day?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:19:27 »

Come on then Reg!  We only deal in facts, you know that!

Harry Morris didn't do it...Cox might be the only one..in which case it's some achievement.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:19:59 »

As long as there is a desperate Championship club in major need for a striker - we'll get good money.

E.G. Nicky Maynard to Bristol City for £2million.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:20:21 »

We must not get robbed blind.

Why would we? Have Fitton & Co suddenly turned from astute business men into mongs overnight? From everything they have said and done so far I really don't understand peoples' concern on that front.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:21:50 »

Why would we? Have Fitton & Co suddenly turned from astute business men into mongs overnight? From everything they have said and done so far I really don't understand peoples' concern on that front.

Not saying we will - just being cautious is all Smiley
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:21:58 »

As long as there is a desperate Championship club in major need for a striker - we'll get good money.

E.G. Nicky Maynard to Bristol City for £2million.
Thats what i mean anything less now will be scandelous
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:22:52 »

Whether we get £1 million (which I doubt) or not...it will demonstrate that spending money can generate a better return than picking players up on free transfers.  The board might be tempted to spend again.  You never know.

To be fair to the board, have they ever failed to come up with the cash when there was justification? They coughed up for Cox and the signings made since January (loan and trialists) will be costing them a good few quid in salaries.

I don't think that will change, or that Cox being sold or not will change it either. If the right player is available at the right price then they'll find the money. What they won't do is just piss money away on players left right and centre which won't improve the quality of the squad - which I reckon is the right attitude.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:24:43 »

I also hope Wilson brings in whoever he has lined up. Bit of competition wouldn't be a bad thing right now.
nochee

« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:25:24 »

Whatever fee we get for Cox, how much will go to Reading? Surely there was a sell on fee or some kind of clause that means we wont get to keep all the cash.

Cox made his debut for Swindon as a permanent signing in Swindon's 1-0 loss away to Huddersfield Town on 9 February 2008,[14] and scored his first goal in the following game, a 3-0 home victory over Cheltenham Town.[15] He has since scored 2 hat-tricks, both away from home, against Hartlepool and Scunthorpe and becomes the first Swindon Town player since Bill Stephens in the 1946/47 season to achieve this rare goalscoring feat.[citation needed] On the 8th January 2009, it was reported that Cox was wanted by Fulham and Bolton for a fee believed to be in the region of £1 million.

newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:25:50 »

To be fair to the board, have they ever failed to come up with the cash when there was justification? They coughed up for Cox and the signings made since January (loan and trialists) will be costing them a good few quid in salaries.

I don't think that will change, or that Cox being sold or not will change it either. If the right player is available at the right price then they'll find the money. What they won't do is just piss money away on players left right and centre which won't improve the quality of the squad - which I reckon is the right attitude.
And to be fair to fitton an co they havent said know to wilson have they kanu and greer and tudor jones and now maybe another before deadline day shows they are willing to back there manager. Yes

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 22:27:34 »

another great result,well done to the lads.losing cox will be a major blow but inevitable.goal scorers are what every club wants.he will not be easily replaceable imo
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: