Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Northampton Matchday Thread.  (Read 49419 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #480 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:07:45 »

yeah, they only did that to stop us getting into the play-offs.

As soon as they did that, in the summer they sold him off to Aberdeen.

Still believe that if we had kept him we would have stopped Blackburn from getting in the play-offs that season.
That signing was one of the most cynical signings of all time. They didn't want him but they knew that signing him was the best chance they had of the play offs - and it worked. 
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:20:31 »

yeah, they only did that to stop us getting into the play-offs.

As soon as they did that, in the summer they sold him off to Aberdeen.

Still believe that if we had kept him we would have stopped Blackburn from getting in the play-offs that season.

Urban myth, I've always thought.

Devastating though selling Dunc was, I recall our results actually improving without him.  Drew a lot, won a few and ended up with an outside chance on the last day at Derby - and what a day that wasn't. 

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:21:53 »

Just got back (not too far for us tonight).

Don't know about the team but I'm exhausted.

Gave away a sloppy goal in the first couple of mins, and then were fucking awesome for the rest of the first half and could have scored more goals.

Second half, Northampton got the ball forward quickly and lumped it over the top a lot and caused us a lot of problems. We didn't help ourselves by dropping deeper & deeper. Have to say when they scored the disallowed goal (which was up the other end) I thought we'd fucked it up.

Onwards and upwards

A good assessment, one I agree with...although I head the whistle before they 'scored' at the end, so I was relaxed Cheesy Cheesy

I thought Paynter was motm worked hard, set up two, scored one...really good perfromance.

Had a very goo dpint of Landlord before heading home and listened to Danny Baker as he sung about Fraser Digby's washbag to the tune of Sweet Home Alabama.

Sometimes being a Town rocks...tonight was one of those nights...Thank Cox. (As an atheist I look for dieties elsewhere Wink)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:22:50 »

Urban myth, I've always thought.

Devastating though selling Dunc was, I recall our results actually improving without him.  Drew a lot, won a few and ended up with an outside chance on the last day at Derby - and what a day that wasn't. 

We didn't score more than one goal in a game until Bristol Rovers the following season.  No myth to me.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:32:44 »

That was fucking great. I love away wins.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:39:33 »

That signing was one of the most cynical signings of all time. They didn't want him but they knew that signing him was the best chance they had of the play offs - and it worked. 

Didn't their chairman actually ask Dalglish which other teams player was most likely to stop them going up, he said Shearer, so they signed him? Or is that just an old wives tale?

Don't see how they did anything wrong, or that we can blame them or anything. We didn't have to sell him.

I'm still pissed about the money we got for Fjortoft, that was daylight robbery.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:40:30 »

gutted. was all geared up for going and then ended up being ill and couldn't drive.

dagnabbit
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:43:43 »

gutted. was all geared up for going and then ended up being ill and couldn't drive.

dagnabbit

Got your £25 in my pocket...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:45:04 »

sorry dude. didn't see your email til about half an hour ago, i've been lying down in a darkened room since 6pm.

buy yourself some beers on me to celebrate our momentous victory
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:47:41 »

sorry dude. didn't see your email til about half an hour ago, i've been lying down in a darkened room since 6pm.

buy yourself some beers on me to celebrate our momentous victory

Done that Cheesy

Cheque in the post by the weekend.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:52:30 »

Listening tonight on the radio was one of the most painful things I've gone through in a long time! Fair play to Wilson and the lads though, 12 points and 10 goals in 8 days, and Coxy flying up the goalscoring chart. Having heard that nearly 800 Town fans went, I was worried about getting a ticket for Yeovil. Thankfully it seems their terrace holds a good 1750 so all is well!
Scot Munroe

« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:53:06 »

that was fucking immesne, just got back, absolute shattered. Also made my day met Nigel Clough in TGI Fridays and wished him good luck for the rest of the season.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:54:45 »

that was fucking immesne, just got back, absolute shattered. Also made my day met Nigel Clough in TGI Fridays and wished him good luck for the rest of the season.

Heard about this.

I said the other day that Derby were watching Cox - that'll be at least 6 times in 2009 now.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 23:55:21 »

Just got home....

3 away games this year...i've seen us win two of them!

Cox and Paynter were both pure class tonight....but we made hard work of it. I was physically exhausted by the end of the game.

Not sure where Phil Smith was for their freekick, but then again the view I had was crap.

Cox's second goal was brilliant, lob from 25 yards

I heard the whistle from the disallowed goal before it went in so wasn't worried about that. But in the 2nd minute of injury time, they got a shot in, and you were just expecting to see all the home fans stand up because it was in, but Smith managed to hold it. One of my worst ever moments in football though!

And Nigel Clough was in the pub before hand - so expect Cox to Derby.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 00:03:42 »

Just got home....

3 away games this year...i've seen us win two of them!

Cox and Paynter were both pure class tonight....but we made hard work of it. I was physically exhausted by the end of the game.

Not sure where Phil Smith was for their freekick, but then again the view I had was crap.

Cox's second goal was brilliant, lob from 25 yards

I heard the whistle from the disallowed goal before it went in so wasn't worried about that. But in the 2nd minute of injury time, they got a shot in, and you were just expecting to see all the home fans stand up because it was in, but Smith managed to hold it. One of my worst ever moments in football though!

And Nigel Clough was in the pub before hand - so expect Cox to Derby.

I think this is spot on but I didnt meet Nigel Clough.

Cox and Paynter are a fucking awesome strike partnership
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: