Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Sheffield Wednesday Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18438 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:38:29 »

Oh Charlie Austin you are the love of my life, oh Charlie Austin, i love you more than my wife!!
lalalalalala

Are you Leroy the granny shaggers mate?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:43:09 »

He thought Smith should have walked rather than getting a yellow card. I asked him why, and he said because he was the last man. I then mentioned that you had to be the last man and deny a clear goalscoring opportunity, and he didnt do that because you scored..... he had no answer to that... ha ha, god bless that referee!

I was wondering about this, I was surprised he even got a yellow.

The red card offense is for denying a goal scoring opportunity, which he didn't (as they scored). So for it to be a yellow surely it would need to be a foul that deserves a yellow, and it wasn't. So why a card?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:44:48 »

Also Austins goal was superb, good to see JP pulling strings out wide once more. That pass to put Austin through on goal will hopefully be known in the future as simply "THAT pass"

He looked much more settled and comfortable out wide, much better than having him muddling and dicking about in centre midfield. Douglas was also a massive beast - totally fantastic today.

Plus hats off to Lucas, what a fantastic save before our second goal, a game changing moment - hopefully a season changing moment!!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:49:26 »

Vince was quality today, everything going through him, good touch, bringing the midfield into play. He linked up with everyone, made a couple of sloppy passes and poor touches, but who didn't?

Well played Vince.

I thought he did OK today, some of his hold up play was very good.

With regards to the pass to Austin as you say the ball got stuck under his feet a bit and ended up as a shit pass. The one a few minutes before was perhaps worse, where he passed the ball backwards rather than play Charlie in.  

That said it's not a reason to boo him off, that's just complete toss and does no-one any good at all.

The problem with him is that he doesn't do himself any favours by not bothering to challenge for the ball too often. Bearing in mind his physical size he is too easily knocked off the ball, and should be giving defenders a much more difficult time.

Say what you want about Clinton Morrison (and yes, he is a cunt but not in a good way Smiley  ) but he gave our centre-halves a tough time all game. Whereas you get the feeling that unless Vince is 100% convinced he's going to win the ball, he just doesn't bother.
Barry Scott

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 20:58:05 »

I thought JP was immense today and was showing the passing and vision he showed last season. I thought Caddis and Prutty where also making themselves available alot down the right, which helped. There were some great displays today and Austin was amazing. Again. Is that goal the best he's scored for us? I think JP just shaded motm over Austin for me.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:01:46 »

Good to see players playing in their proper position - Caddis and JP.

Anyone else shit themselves when Austin did that flying flip over that scummer Purse and fell really awkwardly? I fully expected his shoulder to pop out again - Barry Corr would've simply shattered like a cheap glass ornamental swan.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:10:15 »

First of all that was a bloody game of football today. Surely Marcus Cassidy is as marketable as Charlie - a fantastic achievement to get the game on
Charlie's goal was absolute class. Thier goal was yet another fucking defensive disaster. Smith deserved his yellow. We were lucky when Morrison was offside as that would have been another pathetic goal to concede. JPM took the winner well and i thuoght we deserved the victory.
I would have given Douglas my MOM. Morrison was fucking useless in the 1st half and bloody good in the 2nd. I also thugoht Pericard played well. he's absolute Marmite to Town fans but I like Marmite. Also Smith made one very good save in the 1st half, Lucas made an even better one in the 2nd.
Fair play to Wednesday who came to give us a game. it was a shame some of their players were gayers who let the others down.
As for the ref - yet another clueless fucker but at least he was equally inept to both sides.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:33:50 »

I was wondering about this, I was surprised he even got a yellow.

The red card offense is for denying a goal scoring opportunity, which he didn't (as they scored). So for it to be a yellow surely it would need to be a foul that deserves a yellow, and it wasn't. So why a card?
I think that the yellow was for dissent? I wasn't there but it was mentioned on the radio if I recall correctly.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:34:20 »

He thought Smith should have walked rather than getting a yellow card. I asked him why, and he said because he was the last man. I then mentioned that you had to be the last man and deny a clear goalscoring opportunity, and he didnt do that because you scored..... he had no answer to that... ha ha, god bless that referee!

I see Irvine and their bench wanted Smith sent off as well, and they were going ballistic at the 4th official.

I have always said that if a professional foul happens in the penalty area, a yellow card should be the maximum punishment as the opposition is getting a penalty as well, so they are one kick from getting a goal anyway, like they would be anyway.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:36:31 »

If they had got and missed the penalty...........they would have wanted the goal,which they got!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:37:16 »

If they had got and missed the penalty...........they would have wanted the goal,which they got!

I know...you cannot have it both ways.

BAZINGA !!

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:47:24 »

I see Irvine and their bench wanted Smith sent off as well, and they were going ballistic at the 4th official.

I have always said that if a professional foul happens in the penalty area, a yellow card should be the maximum punishment as the opposition is getting a penalty as well, so they are one kick from getting a goal anyway, like they would be anyway.

I guess thats what the handbags were about between the two benches then.

I'd expect Irvine wanted the goal to be given but also the supplementary penalty and a red card as well. Playing against ten men and two up - sufficient punishment dished out surely?

Perhaps he should have demanded that Smith strip from the waist down and hang from the crossbar whilst the Wednesday players took pot shots at his naked man ass..... like what we used to do round the local rec as boys........ too much information? Too weird? Sorry guys, forget I said anything.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 21:55:38 »

One thing that should be mentioned, all thanks to the groundstaff for getting the game on today. Considering the pitch has been covered for the last week, it played pretty well.

BAZINGA !!

grubby

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 22:11:13 »

One thing that should be mentioned, all thanks to the groundstaff for getting the game on today. Considering the pitch has been covered for the last week, it played pretty well.

Marcus was at the ground from 8am on Friday morning until he left the ground tonight at 6:30. I don't know if any of you saw the floodlight on last night but it was him working to thaw the pitch out. He'll quite happily accept any cider thanks!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 22:32:23 »

That's a very good shout. Tremendous effort by the groundstaff. Only game to take place in League One says it all.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: