Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 1231   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4420319 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 07:16:25 »

Jervis' goal at Fenerbache. It's a funny old game football.

What was the final score? Was it a winning debut goal?

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 09:08:32 »

I'm slightly bitter we didn't beat Villa.

That could have been us tonight!

We would have still had to beat Arsenal too. I think you need to get over it DV.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 09:11:42 »

Good finish that from Jervis.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 09:25:42 »

We would have still had to beat Arsenal too. I think you need to get over it DV.

We'd have drawn bradford in the quarters, assuming we'd beaten villa and assuming the balls came out in the same order

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 09:26:42 »

...or played Norwich had we taken Villa's route anyway.

Still....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 09:46:08 »

Watching Villa in the second half was embarrassing for Paul Lambert. This is a premiership manager, chasing goals in the second half and his tactic was to chuck on all his forwards and play with absolutely no shape. The centre midfielders, Delph and Ireland had absolutely zero outball along the wings and all they ended up doing was lumping the ball hopefully into the box which was easily dealt with by the Bradford defenders. The pace of N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor was totally wasted as they just piled into the box.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:15:52 »

What was the final score? Was it a winning debut goal?

2-2 I think.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:57:24 »

Watching Villa in the second half was embarrassing for Paul Lambert. This is a premiership manager, chasing goals in the second half and his tactic was to chuck on all his forwards and play with absolutely no shape. The centre midfielders, Delph and Ireland had absolutely zero outball along the wings and all they ended up doing was lumping the ball hopefully into the box which was easily dealt with by the Bradford defenders. The pace of N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor was totally wasted as they just piled into the box.
Agreed i was surprised when he went 3 at the back and took off the LB as he was getting forward well and putting decent balls in the box. When he went off they had no clue whatsoever and just pumped it in the box
Dazzza

« Reply #3128 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 19:07:28 »

We got Mark Yeates as part of that deal aswell

Who looked liked something from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding when he arrived.  Always hoped we would get Dean Marney as part of that deal who always looked handy when he was on loan.

Thought Marney would go onto play for Spurs but he didn't quite make the grade.  Seems to be doing ok now at T'Burnley

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:39:39 »

Not quite an ex-player, more an ex-what might have been, but Nile Ranger's been arrested on suspicion of rape. Talented player, but he's had constant off field issues since we had the chance.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3130 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:53:34 »

Not quite an ex-player, more an ex-what might have been, but Nile Ranger's been arrested on suspicion of rape. Talented player, but he's had constant off field issues since we had the chance.
They started before we tried to sign him, he was at the time recently released from a young offenders institute after mugging someone, an old lady apparently while at Southampton when he was 15 or 16 leading to his being given a free transfer by them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:54:00 »

Surely Newcastle will get rid of him soon, how many chances does he need to stop being a cunt.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 12:59:00 »

Surely Newcastle will get rid of him soon, how many chances does he need to stop being a cunt.

Think we dodged a bullet there
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 16:16:48 »

Think we dodged a bullet there

Literally, probably.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 18:29:41 »

Went to the Leeds-Spurs match today and Obika came on as a sub in the second half,still as bad as the last time i saw him away at Colchester
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 1231   Go Up
Print
Jump to: