Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Volume of our Wembley support etc  (Read 10878 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:08:11 »

I stayed for a fews mins after the whistle and clapped the team. Don't blame people for leaving early though.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:11:28 »

Blimey, people leave a football match before the final whistle - that's never happened before.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:18:00 »

I find the whole "singing section" thing a bit strange. Perhaps we should have had a few "moaning sections" too.......the "annoying twat section" was sat behind me yesterday - so at least that was covered Wink
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:22:28 »

It's more annoying when the bloke in front of me at home games leaves when the board goes up, regardless of how close or exciting the game is... he isn't disabled or owt, and it doesn't exactly take an eternity to get out, but he insists on making the entire row get up to facilitate his pointless leaving. He's never seen the end of a game in the 4 years i've sat in that seat.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:24:11 »

Those leaving early is fine by me, hardly comparable to Arsenal fans!
« Last Edit: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:32:19 by Boy About Town » Logged

Now, ain't that just like me?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:30:21 »

Huh? Wrong thread?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:31:55 »

After reading this thread then I reckon next time we get to Wembley there should be a "fans who think they are better than other fans section" Except then no one would watch the football as they would be too bothered making sure everyone abides by their standards and ridiculing them if they dont.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:36:23 »

Lets be honest, if we were on top on the pitch the place would have rocked off it. There were a fair few in the singing section that tried their best, just like there are in the Town End. I applaud their efforts. 

You can argue we should be more supportive in times of woe, but next time we are down in a match and being thwarted listen to the County Ground. Its the same thing, the atmosphere is muted.

Such is football.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:37:07 »

It's more annoying when the bloke in front of me at home games leaves when the board goes up, regardless of how close or exciting the game is... he isn't disabled or owt, and it doesn't exactly take an eternity to get out, but he insists on making the entire row get up to facilitate his pointless leaving. He's never seen the end of a game in the 4 years i've sat in that seat.

That is an unusual one.

The earliest I have ever walked out of a game was the home match against Rovers a few seasons ago when they drubbed us - I made about 63 minutes. Sitting in the back row of the DRS was always a painful experience for me, the whole of the arkells, away end and town end could have left and I would be no more than 5 yards from my seat, stood still and waiting for people to move.  Suicide
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:37:47 »

The accoustics at Wembley are shit - being only half full makes it worse.

If we end up there again, my hope would be that all the singers spread themselves out in a semi circle round the pitch, getting close to the back of the bottom tier where there is an overhanging roof to stop the noise disipating and get a bit of echo. If you could get that going in unison it would make it easier for evryone to join in with the same song at the same time.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:56:35 »

I left when the second went in. Jumped straight on the train and was back in Swindon by 5.30.

Fuck standing around to applaud an abject performance like that.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:01:04 »

This - I was disgusted at the fire drill fans.

Why? They have paid there money like anyone else. If they want to fuck off thats there choice. Like i said in a previous post, i have missed 4 games home and away this season, if i had enough i am going, despite some neanderthal telling me i am a disgrace and not a real supporter.

I started walking up the stairs as the second goal went in and i had no intentions of watching them fucking whippet breeders lifting the trophy that 99% of us thought was coming back along the M4.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:01:34 »

Far too much navel-gazing in this thread.  We've been to Wembley twice now in less than two years.  On both occasions, we had 30,000+ fans there, many of whom weren't exactly regulars...just folk who wanted a nice day out supporting their home town club.  And nothing wrong with that.

But to expect that 30,000 to start rocking the place like it's Ibrox on Old Firm derby day, when on both days:

(a) the team didn't turn up; and
(b) the crowd didn't even get the opportunity to celebrate a goal

is a little naive.  If we had scored, the place would have gone mental.  But we didn't, so it didn't.

Anyway, plenty of singing round our way.  But, as others have said, it rarely spread more than a few blocks.  And it never will in a venue like Wembley without an instantly recognisable 'anthem' (for want of a better word) that is simple, that everyone knows and that everyone can belt out.  The closest we have, I guess, is 'Wise Men Say' - which works well sometimes whenn it isn't rushed.  Something like Hibs' 'Sunshine on Leith' is a million times better though.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:01:46 »

I left when the second went in. Jumped straight on the train and was back in Swindon by 5.30.

Fuck standing around to applaud an abject performance like that.

This

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:04:47 »

A fella with a lazio scarf and a small megaphone was thrown out for bugger all. He was trying to get people singing and got treated badly imo.

The stadium is just to vast to get a real good atmosphere going.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: